Author Topic: Expanded Xar Bug (?)  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Opalescence

• Planewalker
Expanded Xar Bug (?)
« on: November 30, 2004, 02:07:21 PM »
Well, not technically a bug, more like an oddity.  If <CHARNAME> gets the bird the good old-fashioned way, then talks to the lady downstairs (in the Harper Hold), he can get a second monty bird (albiet with different descriptions).  Is this supposed to happen?  Are the two birds two different assassins, or something?  I noticed that the bird-cage is unusable if you've already been given the bird from the lady, maybe the lady shouldn't give you that bird if you've already got one, or maybe she should switch the birds, or something, but somehow I doubt you're supposed to have TWO of them.  Xar just takes one (I forgot which one), he don't seem to mind that you've got two birds  ::).

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Expanded Xar Bug (?)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 02:08:48 PM »
Oh, oh, yes. She shouldn't give you a second bird. At the time I was thinking that she wouldn't know you'd taken the one from upstairs, but of course she would, since they planned the whole thing. Thanks for the catch.

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 03:34:25 PM »
I took the bird from the lady in the current game I'm playing, but when you talk the assassin after she kills Xzar, the dialogue options are the same as before--the PC acts surprised and feels used.  That doesn't seem right--did you forget to put in new dialogue options?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 03:35:52 PM »
Yes. :(

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 02:53:34 PM »
Yes. :(

Well, there's something to keep in mind for the next version. :)

Offline sturmvogel

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 09:29:47 PM »
Related is the fact that I'm still waiting for Meronia to show up and summon Jahiera after 21 days have passed since Xzar was assassinated. I'm not in a romance with Jahiera so that can't be the problem. Is this length of time intended?

Sturmvogel

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 04:28:54 AM »
Had the same problem with Merona not showing up.  In my case I betrayed the Harpers but didn't kill them. delivered Monty's body to Xzar, etc. etc.  I note that the "LyrosJob" Global never got set to 3 which prevents Merona from appearing.

Jason

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 08:10:59 PM »
Can anyone tell me what globals need to be (re)set so I can finish the whole Harper quest?

sturmvogel

Offline sturmvogel

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 04:02:16 PM »
Well, shiver me timbers! Meronia finally showed up 40 days after Xar was assassinated when I finished Watcher's Keep in Ch. 6.

Sturmvogel

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: