Author Topic: highly technical ToB issue - please help so i don't have to format my hard drive  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Steve

• Planewalker
i think this is the most appropriate place in Pocket Planes/Weidu to post this topic so... o.o

before i started trying to reinstall SoA (not sure if patched) and ToB (patched) because of some glitches, i had these mods installed:

-- Weidu Ascension v1.4.17
-- Oversight v3
-- Unfinished Business v13
-- Virtue v15
-- Weimer Ease of Use v28
-- Weimer Underrepresented Items v2

so without uninstalling the mods first, i tried to uninstall ToB and found out the default uninstall mechanism doesn't work. i then uninstalled SoA (which went fine) and tried uninstalling ToB afterwards. still doesn't work. i then deleted the BG2 folder itself (which naturally includes all the undeleted mods) and all the ToB registry keys in regedit. re-installation of SoA went fine too by the way. so then i run ToB's autoplay panel, and it would invite me to "install", after which the install shield wizard will ask me this mind-numbingly stupid question: "do you want to UNinstall Throne of Bhaal blah blah blah". i'd click yes and then it would "uninstall" for me. and from that point on every time i try to "install" ToB it would ask me if i want to UNstall it!  >:(

so can anyone tell me what this loophole is all about and how to solve it, given the information above, which may or may not be of help? thanks.  :)

and once again. i don't want to format my hard drive. so please. :'(

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
You may have to follow this procedure before attempting to reinstall: http://www.bioware.com/games/shadows_amn/support/known_issues/#uninstallToB
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Steve

• Planewalker
wow it worked! thanks! :D

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
No problem.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: