Author Topic: International One-Day Bruceday, November 13  (Read 16164 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
International One-Day Bruceday, November 13
« on: October 12, 2004, 08:06:58 PM »
On Saturday, November 13, I invite you all to join me in observing the first One-Day Bruceday.

Bruceday FAQ!

Q: What's a Bruceday?

A: On November 13, I will be creating a new One-Day NPC: "Bruce, the Cockney Barfighter." I invite all and sundry to ALSO create their interpretation on the theme "Bruce, the Cockney Barfighter." May the best Bruce win!

Q: I don't get it.

A: That's not a question, but, okay, I'll explain. Some people have lamented that Kelsey isn't a strong, manly enough personality type, and I would scoff that instead of Kelsey, I should have created "Bruce, the Cockney Barfighter" if all players wanted was some rough-and-tumble testosterone type. So, now, I'm going to. And I invite you to do the same.

Q: Do you really expect anybody else to take part in this?

A: Why not? There's over a half-dozen One-Day NPCs already, after all. Think of it as an Iron Modder tuneup.

Q: Why? Why do such a thing, Cromptina?

A: You mean, because there's no such thing as a "Cockney" in the Forgotten Realms? Because it's the use of a perfectly good Saturday? Because I like the creative exercise. And who knows what a bunch of people working on their own Bruce might stumble upon in a creative frenzy that might turn into a bigger project?

Q: Okay. If (and this isn't a promise) I were to MAYBE be interested in this, what should I do?

A: Make your own "Bruce, the Cockney Barfighter" NPC mod on Saturday, November 13, and tell us of your feat on this board. I'll put anything that gets created up on the One-Day NPC site if you so desire.

Q: Where can I direct helpful remarks such as "Bruce isn't a cockney name!" or "Cockeys are clearly found in Turmish, not in Amn!"?

A: This new discussion thread: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17108.0
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 06:34:05 PM by jcompton »
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Pirengle

• Spoony Bard
  • Planewalker
  • Why do people always steal my taglines? WHY?!
    • Pirengle's Soundsets
Re: International One-Day Bruceday, November 13
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 12:39:19 AM »
Q: What if someone were to compose a soundset or a flirt for the Bruceday and offer it up for use. Is such a thing allowed? (For those of us who are WeiDU green belts.)
I've given up on the light of good.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 12:44:41 AM »
I'll answer more generally.

Q: Are there any rules, express or implied, governing Bruceday?

A: No. It's called "International One-Day Bruceday." Even if I wanted to impose some rules, how could I expect anyone to take them seriously?

Q: So, ha ha, tough guy, what if I spend the next few weeks working on my Bruce NPC, and he's WAY better than your Bruce? You can't stop me, and you can't prove that it took more than one day. Whatcha gonna do then?

A: Nothing. If you really feel that this is worth more of your time than one day, I'll not stop you. I think it's nice when people are honest about how much time they put into a project like this, of course.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 08:14:44 PM »
I don't get it.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Pirengle

• Spoony Bard
  • Planewalker
  • Why do people always steal my taglines? WHY?!
    • Pirengle's Soundsets
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 09:35:20 PM »
I interpreted the broad rules as this: you can do whatever you want for Bruceday, we don't care, make beefy non-Kelseyish hunks of meat if you want to, whatever, don't care, blah blah, pirates.

I want to write flirts. I've read too many romance mods lately not to do so. Now all I have to do is 1) learn how to make them and 2) stuff them full of naughty bits so people will read them and 3) make constant Monty Python references to ensure SimDing0 won't be reading them and 4) make a boxers flirt just to be nice to teh ding0.
I've given up on the light of good.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 09:44:17 PM »
That has even less to do with Bruce than I was expecting, but hey...
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 10:03:03 PM »
I interpreted the broad rules as this: you can do whatever you want for Bruceday, we don't care, make beefy non-Kelseyish hunks of meat if you want to, whatever, don't care, blah blah, pirates.

Well, my strong suggestion/intent is that you take the name "Bruce, the Cockney Barfighter" and make a character out of that. How you choose to do so is up to you. My interpretation will run towards the obvious, I expect, and I'll do everything except perhaps pre-building the CRE the actual day of. Someone else's might not be so obvious and they might skirt the one-day concept more.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 11:22:52 PM »
Like my interpretation equals doing the portrait ahead of time.  :D

I don't get it.

Thank you, PGCROWDA.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"