Author Topic: dialogs / leaving party bugs  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Meaningless

• Planewalker
dialogs / leaving party bugs
« on: October 11, 2004, 02:51:44 AM »
Heya, first of all thanks for this fine mod, it makes the game so much better  :D

I've somewhat accidentaly found a unexpected turn of events in my game, and of all the mods virtue seems a good logical choice that could be causing it, like a lot of other people I also know a bit about editing stuff and so on but nothing about scripting, so I may need help to help myself :)

The problem: right after entering the promenade and having immy taken, I started killing people just to see how it would affect my reputation and virtue, well jaheira did leave right away after I killed the 1rst victim, without even giving a chance for me to make ammends.. and she did so in a very bugged way, acted as if I had kicked her out of party using the dialog "this group is yours to reform as you see fit blablabla" instead of saying that the group was evil, or for me to stop or else she would leave.. or any other talk.

Yoshimo and minsc strangely also acted as if I had kicked them out of party too, but in their case I could still choose in the dialogs the option to ask them to stay, then minsc started his dialogs about the party changing its ways, I killed people til I'd 1 virtue and 1 reputation, still I could keep killing people and minsc would not leave, neither would yoshimo (I dunno if he actually leaves due to it), well kachiko didnt seemed to bother all along but then I dont know if she gives much about it, and her kachip.dlg may need some working at the time being, so I better forget she exists til I know whats going on  ;)

Could you provide any clue/help as to what may be causing it ? I may post here or send to you any files that you wish to take a look at, just say wich ones.

Sorry for bringing up this little problem but this mod is just so nice that I really want to have it working in my install  :)   Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited: v15, also had some errors during the install but in the end it reported as successfully installed.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 07:26:20 PM by Meaningless »

Offline Meaningless

• Planewalker
Re: dialogs / leaving party bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 08:49:56 PM »
(gee not even one reply   :'(  )

Yeah I've just removed virtue and sadly it really was causing it, now everything has gone well, is there any reason why it would cause these strange things to happen ? I'm the first one who got things screwed up in this exotic way ? Some help here please !

maybe I just need to get more atention...

*gets a black chicken in one hand, a green neon light in the other, and start chanting and dancing ula-ula trying to summon the spirits of the ancient nerds to the board.

:-ban

Offline JW

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 04:03:38 PM »
This happened me in v14 aswell with Valygar and Kelsey; if my virtue hits too low they come at me as if I had kicked them out of the party, and from there I have the choice to tell them to stay or beat it.

I don't know why is this happening tbh.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 08:40:04 AM »
What were the errors that showed up during install?

Offline Meaningless

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 10:34:55 AM »
[CHRDRAG.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 9 column 21-33
Near Text: IC_SNOW_TROLL
   syntax error

[CHRDRAG.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 9 column 21-33
   Parsing.Parse_error

[MDREFV01.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 155 column 21-33
   syntax error

[MDREFV01.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 155 column 21-33
   Parsing.Parse_error

[POREST2.BCS.BCS] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0-0
Near Text: O
   invalid keyword
[POREST2.BCS.BCS]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-0
   Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [POREST2.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error

[POREST2.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-0
   syntax error

[POREST2.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-0
   Parsing.Parse_error

[PSQ60.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 47 column 21-33
   syntax error

[PSQ60.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 47 column 21-33
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RDOG.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
Near Text: SC
   syntax error

[RDOG.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RDWARF.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RDWARF.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RETTER.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RETTER.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RGIBBLER.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RGIBBLER.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RHALFLIN.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RHALFLIN.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RHOBGOBA.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RHOBGOBA.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RHOBGOBF.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RHOBGOBF.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RKOBOLD.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RKOBOLD.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[ROGRE.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[ROGRE.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RSIREN.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RSIREN.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

[RSIRINE.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   syntax error

[RSIRINE.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
   Parsing.Parse_error

If theres more revelant things at the .debug file I post it here for you, just ask  :)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 10:36:41 AM »
Those errors shouldn't cause the behaviour you describe. Let me see if I can reproduce it here...

Offline Meaningless

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 10:49:51 AM »
I uninstalled virtue, reloaded the save at promenade, and started killing people, everything went fine. Then installed virtue again and it all came back, jaheira leaving with that dialog and the other 2 talking as if I tried to kick them out of party... it is really strange.

Offline Meaningless

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 11:12:08 AM »
maybe its another mod that combined with virtue causes this strange effect, if so, could we do the following:

If you've any ideia of an important or key file that could have caused virtue to behave as I described, I send you the file so that you could look and say 'hey this file shouldnt be like that cause XXX line(s) has been modified, in a way that causes virtue to misbehave'. Then I search in my mod/backup for the file, open each copy that has been backuped til I discover wich mod did modify the file in this way.

would that work, or it doesnt have anything to do with other mods or ..things just arent so simple ?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 11:14:27 AM by Meaningless »

Offline JW

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 06:12:03 PM »
I did not have any installation error with Virtue and this happens to me aswell. I do have many other mods installed tho.

Offline Gay Lord

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 01:57:10 PM »
I don't know if it's related, as I'm still looking around here to try and find the cause, but I may have a similar issue.

At the beginning of the game, I free Minsc from the cage and he's happy to join.  When I rescue Jaheira, she also joins my party... for about two seconds.  She then immediately drops out, saying my party has fallen and I will never see her again.  I thought maybe it was something from my imported char, so I tried a brand new game = same thing.  I tried diff races, classes, alignments, and she always left without any way for me to keep her.

This is my first(!) time playing BG2, so I'm not sure of what to expect, yet when I first loaded the game just to see what it was like, I recall no prob with her joining me.  I have just finished a tutu bg1 game and am now playing bg2 with a bunch of mods added, Virtue being one of them.  I have just escaped the dungeon into the plaza, but have done so without Jaheira.  It's not a big loss as I'm playing evil and didn't plan to keep her anyway, yet I wonder if there may be more important probs down the line.

I found a walkthrough online which makes no mention of her not being joinable at the start (and where I also learned that the corpse on the table was Khalid.  That would have been nice to know).  The same walkthrough said that I could get her later somewhere; I hope that she willl be there if I look and I won't really "never see her again."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: