Author Topic: SPOILERS: Sample Surayah-Korgan Banter  (Read 9035 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
SPOILERS: Sample Surayah-Korgan Banter
« on: April 04, 2004, 11:38:38 PM »
This one comes later than the Korgan banter I'd made available in screenshot before and is the setup to a song banter..

KORGAN: I’ve had me enough of yer high-faluting sissy songs, and me mind is made tae do something about it!

SURAYAH: Oh, must you? I thought we were getting along so nicely, especially now that I stand as far upwind as possible.

KORGAN: Shut yer toothpurse. Ye’ll not see the like anywhen again, so pay attention when Korgan Bloodaxe gives ye the benefit o’ me dwarven know-how. Take a gander at this.

SURAYAH: What is it?

KORGAN: It’s a song, ye blind ballop-jumper - a real song, not some pussy-willow jamboree o’ clouds and croodling. Pfeh!

SURAYAH: By your fervor, I assume this is a dwarven standard, unless…Korgan, your name is on the parchment. Did you compose this? Why, you did! I do not know what to say. It is hard to conceive that you wrote a song just for me. I am flattered…I think.

KORGAN: Best catch yer skirts, floopsie, before yer ego flips ‘em up tae yer chin. That tune, I wrote when I was a lad. ‘Tis in memory o’ me old love, Joylina, jes’ after I caught her doodling Stornyn Skulldrivver and she fell off a cliff.

SURAYAH: She FELL off the cliff?

KORGAN: Ye could say I nudged her a little. With me axe. Fell she did, and without a word o’ apology. Took me a good hour tae scale down the ravine tae loot her corpse, the heartless harpy. The climb gave me time tae think up this ditty. What are ye waiting fer? Fairies tae spring from me arse and play violins? Sing it!

SURAYAH: No, I need time to steel myself. Tiime to practice, that is, since your song comes from such a touched – touching – a touching, personal tragedy.

KORGAN: Stornyn Skulldrivver would agree with yer choice o’ words, floopsie. He thought it a tragedy when I took it personal he was touching me lap-juggler n’ decided tae chop off his arms. A touching, personal tragedy…heh!
END
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline BigRob

• Planewalker
  • Cruel and unusual trousers.
    • Aklon's Homepage
Re: SPOILERS: Sample Surayah-Korgan Banter
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 12:52:40 AM »
KORGAN: Shut yer toothpurse.

Ha! Toothpurse, I love it!

I like the banter too. There's more to Korgan than mindless violence. But in the end, there's not much more to Korgan than mindless violence.  ;D
Come on down to the Gibberlings Three! Home of Delainy, The Haer'Dalis Romance, Aklon, the Lands of Intrigue, the Tiefling Sisters, Tabiya and more! A veritable cornucopoeia of Modding goodness!

Offline Kirwond

• Planewalker
  • Attila the Hun with a cinnamon bun
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 08:50:54 PM »
KORGAN: Ye could say I nudged her a little. With me axe. Fell she did, and without a word o’ apology. Took me a good hour tae scale down the ravine tae loot her corpse, the heartless harpy. The climb gave me time tae think up this ditty. What are ye waiting fer? Fairies tae spring from me arse and play violins? Sing it!

With delivery like that, Korgan could have a new career introducing nightclub acts.  And, if he needed extra money, he could double as the bouncer. :)
"Yes, I remember Avalon," he said, "a place of silver and shade and cool waters, where the stars shone like bonfires at night and the green of day was always the green of spring. Youth, love, beauty--I knew them in Avalon. Proud steeds, bright metal, soft lips, dark ale."
--Roger Zelazny

fallen_demon

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 08:55:21 PM »
great banter, really like it.

One minor thing is that dwarven last names are based on their clan, so its unlikely that their would have been someone with a different last name than bloodaxe around korgan back home.

Offline Fawna

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 10:15:11 AM »
 ;D ;D  That was so funny love it ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: