Author Topic: BG1?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline 5th_horseman

• Planewalker
BG1?
« on: September 16, 2004, 07:31:59 PM »
I've recentily purchased "Baldur's Gate: The Orginal Saga"(a 3 cd version BG1 + TotSC + all the offical patches) I've been downloading mods to use but most of them conflict with with existing game files.

I know very little about modding or programing for that matter.The items I've found that I would like to use,  none of them seem to work properily or they overwrite existing files, mainily descriptions.

So I'm entering them manualily using Dltcep, creating each as a new item.  The one that is giving me the most trouble is a" Bag of Holdiing", I've tried (4) different versions of this item none function correctily. Some change the AI script others use a invisable creature  to run a script.

So I using the concept that one version uses. A item with the effect summon creature,the (invisable)  creature runs a script that opens a store, got the the creature, store, and item all check OK, Dialog script no good.

I hope to have a dialog along these lines:

Bag: "<CHARNAME> do you wish to open the bag of Holding?"

PC reply 1: "Yes"  // open Store
PC reply 2: "NO"  // exit to game

The script does the following:

1/ check the party has a bag of holding
2/ opens dailog as above

I've been scouring the sites for simple tutes, all I found so far is referals to Team BG , tutes that require programing knowledge or for software I don't have . Any Suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 07:46:24 PM by 5th_horseman »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: