Author Topic: Updates  (Read 194912 times)

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
Re: Updates
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2008, 06:48:23 AM »
Could you include the generation of tra files?
We can't say if we're going to translate the mod until we don't know how many strings there is, but maybe others translators will be interested!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2008, 07:03:15 AM »
I forgot to mention that. All strings are being put into a TRA.

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2008, 07:08:11 AM »
Great! Thanks!

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »
"So... what's the news on FotD?"

I am glad you asked. I have begun updating the mod again. More specifically, it is being updated to full-fledged WeiDU magic. When this conversion is complete only new files will be copied to the override folder. Hopefully this will make FotD compatible with Tutu. Time will tell if any new problems arise.
That is great to hear.  I thought I read somewhere you weren't going to do this, or you didn't anticipate it ever happening, but I'm glad that's not true :).

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »
I had a look at Detect Invisibility because the way the caster is interrupted once per round to cast a secondary spell is annoying. Why does it not use delayed effects instead? I changed it and it seems to work as intended; invisible creatures become visible and the caster remains unaffected. It seems almost too easy, though. As if BioWare had a good reason for doing it the other way. But unless any bugs reveal themselves, this will be the new version of Detect Invisibility (and Find Traps).

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »
Clearly I forgot about the above post. Anyway, as it turned out, Find Traps still requires a secondary spell to be cast. Detect Invisibility, however, works as described and does not interrupt the caster.

Item and spell changes have been coverted to WeiDU and I have begun writing the code for creatures now. Items and spells took a lot of time as they all required individual changes but I should be able to spend less time on some of the creature changes thanks to some fancy WeiDU code. I am starting to get the hang of it. :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:19:58 PM by Echon »

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »
That is very good to hear. :)

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2009, 03:06:04 AM »
Unfortunately no work has been done here for the past 1½ month due to moving, increased band activity, being hospitalized and various other distractions. Prior to this break a fair amount of modding had been taken care of, however. All IDS, 2DA and nearly all generic creature files have been given the WeiDU label. I expect progress to increase again soon.

Offline Al

• Planewalker
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2009, 12:47:21 AM »
Great to hear you are converting this to wiedu, I really hope that makes it compatible with tutu.  FOTD is probably my favourite BG mod and I would love to play it with tutu emhancements.   Best of luck Echon

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2009, 04:18:15 PM »
And we're still interested for .tra files. :)
Keep up the good work!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »
We have once again reached the time of the year where I am going to post news on FotD. I would do so more often if there were anything worth posting. This is not the case as the WeiDU update I announced last year remains incomplete. Why? Because real life, the bane of all modding, has prevented me from working on it these past few months. But the outlook for this project is not entirely bleak. All items, spells, ids files and a great part of the creatures have been updated, which leaves the remaining creatures and the areas and the stores. The majority of the work has been completed and I should be able to work regularly on it from now on. I will try to post updates a little more often.

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2009, 06:03:28 AM »
Great news!! :)
I understand perfectly, we have the same problems in translations, but we try to stay the course, and well it works.

Good luck for the continuation.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
Things are progressing in FotDland once more and all creatures have been updated now. Next up is NPCs. There are lots of these and most of them have unique changes, but on the other hand this is also one of the areas where WeiDU can save me a lot of time. A relatively few lines of code will, based on race, class and level, automatically calculate basic stats like hit points, THAC0, # attacks, saving throws, # wizard/priest spells, fix racial armours and abilities, and whatever else may apply. I did all of this manually for the current version.  ::) Now I only need to modify items and spells, and update the script.

Offline Al

• Planewalker
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2010, 04:48:34 AM »
Cool, thanks for the update

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2010, 07:47:50 AM »
Two things have been taken care of now. Changes related to race, class and levels for all NPCs have been patched. This was necessary because the other thing depends on it. The code that calculates hit points, THAC0, saving throws, thieving skills, racial bonuses and corrects racial armour has been completed. It also makes sure that base AC and base #attacks are 10 and 1, respectively, since BioWare occasionally like to cheat. A relatively few lines of code are 1700+, by the way. Now I need to patch the item and spell changes I have made, update the script accordingly and then I am on to areas.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
All creatures and NPCs have finally been taken care of. There are a lot of NPCs in this game and nearly all of them have unique changes. This is mostly my own fault, though, since I want them to have individual sets of items and spells and be more interesting than, say, 5th level Conjurer #8. Anyway, the last major piece of work of this update, or what I expect to be that, are the areas. I know WeiDU will save me a lot of time on some of the updates at least, such as giving thieves xp for removing traps and opening locks.

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
You're close to the end so! Keep up the good work. :)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2010, 02:46:04 AM »
It is probably time for an update. Since the last one I have been working on updating the areas and they are almost all complete and have been so for about a month. I have also started updating the stores and cleaning up various things that I have postponed. When this is done only scripts and dialogues remain which I do not expect will take too long.

And in Sepulchrum we have started recording our first album. Guitars are almost done. :)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »
Thanks to one of the recent WeiDU releases I have been able to update the last remaining areas. There were quite a few of those and some of them turned out to be very time consuming. On the other hand, stores were much easier than expected and these have also been taken care of now. The only files that remain now are BAF and D. Of course, once this WeiDU business is dealt with I also need to find out how I make it all install on Tutu. :)

Offline Al

• Planewalker
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2011, 09:15:10 AM »
Cool beans  :)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2011, 08:57:43 AM »
After a five month break, work was resumed earlier this week. I needed to update both scripts and dialogues then. To my surprise, only dialogues remain now. At least some things turn out to be less time consuming than expected. But in addition to dialogues, I have also got various leftovers here and there, mostly because they seemed too complicated at the time. Of course, I also need to make it install on Tutu.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2011, 01:43:04 AM »
There, exams are out of the way. But since the last update, all dialogues but one have also been taken care of. Not a lot left now.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
The WeiDU update is now complete. The new version even installs correctly. But only on BG for now. When I began this update (three years ago actually), I wanted FotD to install on both normal BG and Tutu but that was then. Everybody is using either Tutu or BGT so the new release will be exclusive to those two converters. This leaves me with some more work to do, of course, but I am glad I have managed to reach this point. For now I am going to play a chapter or two searching for any new gamebreaking bugs I may have introduced. I have already found one. :)

Offline Al

• Planewalker
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
Hooray, well done

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2011, 03:20:13 PM »
Yay! Congrats!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: