Author Topic: Updates  (Read 194575 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Updates
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2005, 05:09:45 PM »
Would it be easy to include the Lesser Divination stuff for BG2 too, in a minimod or Tweak Pack? I assume it's just patching the exclusion flags of some SPLs and scrolls?
Also please to be updating text.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2005, 05:25:31 PM »
Yeh, that too. I think NiGHTMARE's posted code for everything but the text, actually, so, ace. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

LoOk

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2005, 06:41:14 AM »
And Echon, how is the few weeks promise coming along?? :)
It's strange but I'm anticipating this mod as much as I was anticipating Fable and Sudeki last year.
Let's hope it will not be such a letdown like those games. :P

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2005, 07:00:47 AM »
Quite well.

-Echon

LoOk

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2005, 07:44:32 AM »
This week? Or can my gamehours at night go to Soul Calibur for another week? :d

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2005, 08:06:27 AM »
Maybe.

-Echon

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2005, 03:30:56 AM »
Dear Echon,

a simple question, are you concentrating on fixing bugs in FotD and on BG1 Unfinished Business "only" or is your modding time taken by other projects ? If you dont mind me being curious...Also it would be great if you could some time update a little here about possible progress...

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2005, 03:48:34 AM »
Since the last update I have not been doing any modding at all which explains the lack of updates here. It is funny you should ask, though, since I am going to start fixing bugs today.

-Echon

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2005, 05:22:00 AM »
May I call it emphaty ?  ;) Have a nice bugs hunt, Echon! And thanks again for what you do for us!  :pirate

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2005, 09:05:04 PM »
I just noticed that creatures don't behave the way it is written in the Monsterous Manual (ie. Kobolds don't target gnomes first, etc.). I would welcome a change that would rectify this.

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2005, 06:34:01 AM »
The kobold behaviour is an oversight which will be fixed. Hobgoblins do attack elves first.

To make an actual update, let me just say that things are going fine although I am not as far as I would have been had I not recieved my copy of Serious Sam 2 two days ago.

-Echon

louis

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2005, 09:48:53 PM »
hi iam also expieriancing an assertion at durlog castle i jsut finish killing all the people on the chess board and now i can not go throught the onlyh door to the next level or area my question is is there any way to by pass or skip it so i can continue the game i have three disk sword of the tales coast and baulders gate 1 all in one on three disk and here is the message
an assertion failed in d:\bgsource update_totsc\dev\baulders\c tiled object.cpp at line number179 programmer says:tiledobject resref not found.         i tried to reinstalled it without fod and still the same so can any one help me out

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2005, 04:23:21 PM »
If the error occurs without the mod installed I am going to assume it is not what is causing it. The next area is AR0514. You can move there by activating the CLUA Console and writing CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0514").

-Echon

louis

« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2005, 01:08:36 PM »
iam new in doing that stuff i open up theclua console and i tried after gameoptions so can you walk me how to do it and where to type in move area thanks
louis

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2005, 01:26:48 PM »
If you have done as it says here, load your game, hold down CTRL and press TAB and then write the line in bold in the box that appears and press enter.

-Echon

louis

thanks
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2005, 02:57:17 PM »
i got it now i was pushing the wrong keys lol thanks for your help late louis

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2006, 03:07:46 PM »
Hey Echon,

I have really been enjoying FotD and the changes you made to BG1!! :)  Two things that stand out in my mind though...

1) I have played BG1 many times and I have always looked forward to finding the hidden/secret goodies... is there any way you would consider putting at least something there rather than nothing (and they don't have to be the same things)?

2) I really like the Low Quality and High Quality items you added (it makes perfect sense), but could you maybe change the green tint of the High Quality items to something else (like blue or silver)?  Green makes me think they are a "fungus" version... lol! :)

Thank you for your time,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »
1) I do not want to use the same spots since everybody knows them. I have placed hidden items elsewhere, though, so search and you shall find.

2) In theory I could change the colour but it would include more work than I am going to bother with. I cannot alter them in BAM format so I would need to export them as JPG, change the colour in Photoshop and then recreate the BAMs.

-Echon

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
1) I have placed hidden items elsewhere, though, so search and you shall find.

Do you mean you have created new containers? Do I have to go over every micrometre of every map with pixel precision, like trying to find the ring of wizardry under the tree by the Friendly Arm?

:-[

Oh, I don't know if this is a bug (IDKITIAB), but when meeting Bassilus, my two Druids tried to cast Entangle and just kept standing there waving their arms for ages and ages and ages without the spell going off and without the undead turning hostile (maybe because the spell targets were non-hostile? The spells were wasted, though, even though not cast. Even when we killed Bassilus they didn't turn hostile. Even when Branwen turned them and they all fled into a corner from where we could pick them off one by one, they only turned hostile when we hit them or if they saw us hitting one of them. This fight was always difficult because of the number of zombies and skeletons, but even with the spell wastage it was much easier in FotD. I think I always used a Fireball in the unmodded game, though, so maybe that's why they all used to turn hostile as soon as Bassilus did.

As I say, IDKITIAB or not.

Cheers!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »
Do you mean you have created new containers? Do I have to go over every micrometre of every map with pixel precision, like trying to find the ring of wizardry under the tree by the Friendly Arm?

I have only made a few new containers, and not all the items are hidden there. It should not be a pixel hunt.

Oh, I don't know if this is a bug (IDKITIAB), but when meeting Bassilus, my two Druids tried to cast Entangle and just kept standing there waving their arms for ages and ages and ages without the spell going off and without the undead turning hostile (maybe because the spell targets were non-hostile? The spells were wasted, though, even though not cast. Even when we killed Bassilus they didn't turn hostile. Even when Branwen turned them and they all fled into a corner from where we could pick them off one by one, they only turned hostile when we hit them or if they saw us hitting one of them. This fight was always difficult because of the number of zombies and skeletons, but even with the spell wastage it was much easier in FotD. I think I always used a Fireball in the unmodded game, though, so maybe that's why they all used to turn hostile as soon as Bassilus did.

As I say, IDKITIAB or not.

My 1st-level Druid just cast an Entangle spell without problems. Try it a few more times to see if the problem persists. As for Bassilus' undead, they should turn hostile when  you start fighting him or attack them. I will have a loot at what is wrong.

And what does IDKITIAB mean?

-Echon

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2007, 04:39:04 AM »
Hi,

It's not casting entangle that's a problem, it was casting an entangle at Bassilus and his minions before they turned hostile. It's worked well before with other combats. I don't think he turned invisible or anything as usually the spell is wasted and you get the message "target lost" or some such - but they just kept waving their hands over and over, like there was a casting time of 10 rounds. I started casting it just before the conversation started with my 2nd main character, an Illusionist-Thief, who pretended to be mother. Then he turned hostile and the druids just kept wiggling and none of the minions went hostile until they were attacked themselves.

IDKITIAB = I Don't Know If This Is A Bug

By the way, I read your reply about Greywolf and I take back everything I said about combat being easier - I found Greywolf and Bassilus easier (although I have enough experience to meta-game those and pre-prepare), but the Ogre-Mage with the Nereid and all those Sirens were HEAVY. I had to retreat, level up and go back to get that ogre. All for 975 XP, whereas just murdering the Nereid in the first place would have got me 5000 XP. I never did really understand that encounter. I thought we got a rep boost for saving her, but apparently not.

And a DRACOLISK!? I need a new spell - Power Word: Reload!

Cheers

~

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2007, 03:30:21 PM »
It's not casting entangle that's a problem, it was casting an entangle at Bassilus and his minions before they turned hostile. It's worked well before with other combats. I don't think he turned invisible or anything as usually the spell is wasted and you get the message "target lost" or some such - but they just kept waving their hands over and over, like there was a casting time of 10 rounds. I started casting it just before the conversation started with my 2nd main character, an Illusionist-Thief, who pretended to be mother. Then he turned hostile and the druids just kept wiggling and none of the minions went hostile until they were attacked themselves.

I will take a loot at it.

By the way, I read your reply about Greywolf and I take back everything I said about combat being easier - I found Greywolf and Bassilus easier (although I have enough experience to meta-game those and pre-prepare), but the Ogre-Mage with the Nereid and all those Sirens were HEAVY. I had to retreat, level up and go back to get that ogre. All for 975 XP, whereas just murdering the Nereid in the first place would have got me 5000 XP. I never did really understand that encounter. I thought we got a rep boost for saving her, but apparently not.

Did you meet Ogre-Droth, Shoal and the sirens together? The purpose of the encounter is to rescue a damsel in distress. Killing her is for thouroughly evil parties or players metagaming for XP.

And a DRACOLISK!? I need a new spell - Power Word: Reload!

Why? It is comparable to the other bassilisks.

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2007, 12:38:48 PM »
Hello Echon. Anything new these days?

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2007, 05:56:13 AM »
No, but there will be eventually. How is that for vague?

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2008, 06:39:51 AM »
"So... what's the news on FotD?"

I am glad you asked. I have begun updating the mod again. More specifically, it is being updated to full-fledged WeiDU magic. When this conversion is complete only new files will be copied to the override folder. Hopefully this will make FotD compatible with Tutu. Time will tell if any new problems arise.

Since I am going through every single file in the mod, bug fixes and other changes will also be included in the update. I am having a look at some of the changes that I am not fully satisfied with, such as poison and shields. Low quality weapons will also be removed. They make great flavour items but are pointless since normal items are available in Candlekeep.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: