Author Topic: Request: Vox populi voiceset missing  (Read 671 times)

Offline Frenz

• Planewalker
Request: Vox populi voiceset missing
« on: January 14, 2024, 04:47:49 PM »
Hello,

Yakkuz/Frenzgyn from SHS/G3 boards here, a fellow player and (very) rarely mod translator/tinkerer. 

As you may have noticed, Sorschana website (www.merrymeet.com/voxpopuli) went offline several years ago and it seems her (and Clint's) 12 voicesets can't be found anywhere on the net.

I know, we're talking "history" here.

I've managed to get two of them with wayback machine and another two by pure luck throught two fellow players who had some soundsets they could not remember the origin stored on their hdds.

8 are still missing :(

I managed to find several partial or semi-complete porting of their work as Oblivion, NWN and ToEE mods (don't know if with their permission or not), but they're mixed, edited and probably a few files are missing too. I am slowly trying to "reassemble" them, but I don't know if I will succeed, it's quite messy.

With nearly no hope, I sent a mail at their email adresses, but I suppose their are expired/lost, we're talking of more than 20 years ago, nonetheless it was the right thing to do and it was worth a try.

Since she was quite active here back in the days and somewhat close with many other modders, lending her voice to many projects still hosted here, I think it is the best place to ask:

- Firstly, if anyone have them archived on a forgotten hard drive and could provide them;

- Secondly, in case I will be able to gather them, does still exist a way to contact her and ask for permission to host them somehere, possibly here at PPG? I am also thinking about repackaging them to work with EEs, since throwing the files in the sound folder doesn't proplerly work anymore since patch 2.6.

I'll hopefully wait with finger crossed.

Thanks for the attention, have a nice day!

Offline Isewein

• Planewalker
Re: Request: Vox populi voiceset missing
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 12:09:31 PM »
Ah what a tragedy to have lost that site! Good on you for trying to salvage it. I definitely have one of the soundsets in my old BGT install still - I wager it's Sorschana. I'll send it to you when I get to my old computer. I hope we can scrounge up the others as well, in due time.

Offline Frenz

• Planewalker
Re: Request: Vox populi voiceset missing
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 05:00:29 AM »
Thanks, finger crossed!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: