Author Topic: 3D acceleration  (Read 1888 times)

Offline awenscelt

• Planewalker
3D acceleration
« on: July 18, 2004, 02:22:30 PM »
One question from a semi-novice...

BG1tutu seems to be working as intended; however, it seems I can't play it with 3D acceleration turned on.  I seem to remember playing all the way through BGII with my 3D accelerater turned on; however, when I go into bgconfig, I can't pass the graphics test (it flickers).  Did I miss something, or is this normal? 

Sam

P.S.  My system and 3D card should be more than capable of rendering any graphics BG1 or BGII are programmed to render.

Offline Eltharodo

• Almighty Savior of Fantasy Cliches of all shapes and sizes
  • Planewalker
Re: 3D acceleration
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 02:31:39 PM »
"Sorry, this is Icelus's place.  You want to Tutusons, they live in the building back up the road.  GO back and stop just before you get here.  They should be able to sort you out anytime you want.  Don't be a stranger friend though." 
Abe Lincoln -     =l : )=
Prize Fighter -   ; ~ {

Thief 3 - It's not a game, it's a way of life

Sam

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 02:45:43 PM »
Oops.. Thanks.. Not sure how that happened, except to say... It was my first post here.

Offline Quitch

• Perfection
  • Planewalker
  • Making the world a better place for evil
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 05:27:13 PM »
Problems with 3D acceleration tend to be caused by refresh rates.  If you use a tool to ensure that you're not running at 60Hz, then you will run into problems.  What you need to do is add the line:

Display Frequency=##

to baldur.ini where ## is the refresh rate you have set for the resolution you will play BG2 at.  This should go under Program Options.

Once you've set that and saved, fire up the config tool and you should find 3D acceleration now works.
Past: Ascension
Present: Return to Windspear
Future: Imoen Relationship
"Perfection has no deadline"

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 05:49:30 PM »
Bear in mind that it's not recommended that you use 3d acceleration, because all the water tilesets in the game will apear as being a toxic green.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: