Author Topic: Bug report?  (Read 19886 times)

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug report?
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2006, 10:06:27 PM »
Somebody may have mentioned these before.

After completing the Carrack quest in Chapter 3, there is no Booter to provide the prison key when wiping out the Shadow Thieves in Ch. 6.

One of Aran's named henchmen drops a Ring of Lockpicks (can't recall if it was the fighter or the mage), which you should get from him if fighting them while working for Bodhi, but not while working for Brega, as you presumeably already got one.

Atone is spelled "attone" in Jadarath's quest.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2006, 09:20:43 AM »
After completing the Carrack quest in Chapter 3, there is no Booter to provide the prison key when wiping out the Shadow Thieves in Ch. 6.
The new torturer will now carry a key.

One of Aran's named henchmen drops a Ring of Lockpicks (can't recall if it was the fighter or the mage), which you should get from him if fighting them while working for Bodhi, but not while working for Brega, as you presumeably already got one.
I reckon I've fixed this, but I'll have to check. How do you get one if you side with Aran in chapter 3?

Atone is spelled "attone" in Jadarath's quest.
It's a testament to my recent activity that this has been reported at least 3 times and I *still* haven't fixed it. Expect a new release soon.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2006, 01:09:40 PM »
I reckon I've fixed this, but I'll have to check. How do you get one if you side with Aran in chapter 3?

If you fully explore the level, you can talk to a nameless Shadow Thief who proposes asassinating Aran. He is overheard and immediately killed whether you help or not, and the ring drops on his body.

He's in the room where Aran's mage buddy hangs out if you're fighting them.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Tarayani

• Planewalker
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »
I did the alternate option with Rayic and bought the ring off him, but then I went back and told him I wasn't going to go along with his plan (or whatever that dlg option is) and killed him.  Then I went back to Edwin and told him Rayic was dead.  I finished the next two quests (papers from Marcus and dagger from thief) and reported back to Mae'Var.  I asked him if there was anything else I should do and then went upstairs to talk to Edwin like he told me.  But Edwin only asks me if I'm so stupid as to need directions to the basement where Mae'Var is and tells me to go there.  That's all he says, and talking to Mae'Var again doesn't change this.  I think the variable that says I completed the dagger part of the quest wasn't changed.  I also have the Edwin Romance installed, but that shouldn't make any difference before I even have Edwin.  Does anyone know the CLUA commond to fix this (in exact syntax please :-) )?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: