Author Topic: Quest Pack Released!  (Read 10850 times)

Jolyth

Re: Quest Pack Released!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2005, 11:32:44 AM »
Is this a bug?

Have ToB Patch, UB, Quest, Banters, Flirts, Oasis, AoE and DBG.

When I go to Moiya to deal with the money lender probelms, I get a flirt from Anomen as Moiya's name instead of Moiya. Also, the Town Crier's have names like "I am a priest of Helm" and "This trail rash itches something fierce". While quite humorous, i am unable to complete Moiya's quest because the PC options do not appears. I have to guess what the heck she said.

Are there any compatibility issues with Flirts/Banters and Quests? My mods are installed on a completely clean install of BG2 with the Official Patch done first.

Also, anyone know if one of these mods keeps Bodhi from kidnapping my love interest? I go to the graveyard and she never shows up. I couldn't find anything about this on the readme or in the forums. Thanks.

MJ

Qwinn

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2005, 06:27:36 PM »
I can answer the last one for you... to get Bohdi kidnapping your love interest to kick off, try going there at night, as close to midnight as possible I believe.

Qwinn

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2005, 07:49:55 PM »
The name problem is because you dialogue.tlk is damaged.  This can be caused either by installing a dialogue.tlk altering mod or opening an editor while your game is open, or having two editors open together.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2005, 07:55:54 PM »
I can answer the last one for you... to get Bohdi kidnapping your love interest to kick off, try going there at night, as close to midnight as possible I believe.

Actually, I think the game automatically sets the time to midnight.  You just need to ensure that the romance is "serious", aka RomanceActive","GLOBAL",2.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Jolyth

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2005, 10:04:04 AM »
Thanks guys!

@Qwinn:  Ghrey has the right of it. Time auto sets to midnight.

@fallen demon:  yeah. none of that happened. got to be an order of install.

@Ghrey:  Yeah, we were serious. Did the "deed", did his quest, blah, blah, blah.

I can't figure it out. There is nothing that adjusts the kidnapping is there?

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2005, 01:35:35 PM »
Qwinn and Ghrey are both correct. Bodhi and her minions appear precisely at midnight, and at no other time. The first time you enter the Graveyard District in Chapter 6, the game will automatically forward the clock to the next midnight. BUT! due to conflicting area scripts, the Quest Pack that places one of the 'Kiss Before Dying' NPCs in the Graveyard District overrides the command to forward the clock to midnight. So, until this is fixed, you have to go to the graveyard and wait for Hour 0. Game should then progress normally.

Jolyth

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2005, 09:24:29 PM »
How very interesting...Thanks Six!  ;) Really appreciate the clarification. Thought I was losing what little mind I had left. All the help is much appreciated guys.

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Xiao.
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2005, 07:45:54 AM »
I've noticed that if you don't get the abduction talk upon zoning in, you can zone to another district, then back to the Graveyard, and typically then you'll see Bodhi at the zone and the conversation will begin.  If the time is correct but she's nowhere to be seen, try this.

esabulao

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2005, 06:40:45 AM »
I see, so that's what happened. I was wondering why none of my romances got captured by Bodhi when I entered the Graveyard district. I eventually defeated Bodhi with a full party, then when I got out, Bodhi appeared and kidnapped Aerie. I then rushed down and found only Aerie present, who I then killed and later resurrected.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: