Author Topic: Parches, versions and TuTu  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Riklaunim

• b'ahlach
  • Planewalker
    • Riklaunims cRPG Library
Parches, versions and TuTu
« on: June 04, 2004, 09:35:02 AM »
Why in the 9 hells does TuTu checks for game version?  :P Maybe it works for English BG edition... but on Polish one it doesn't work correctly:
- doesn't recognize BG II SoA or SoA + PL Patch as "ok"
- doesn't recognize BG II Silver Edition ToB as "ok"
- doesn't recognize BG I or BG II on DVD

could you remove this checking?

Offline Caswallon

• Telvanni Archmagister
  • Planewalker
    • BG Forum
Re: Parches, versions and TuTu
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 12:31:32 PM »
Tutu needs to patch BGMain.exe to get 0 XP at the start of the game; as the location of the starting XP within the EXE might (do?) change in the various versions of the EXE, it checks to make sure it patches at the right spot.
That it doesn't work surprises me, however - it works fine with German editions, and I've seen people from Poland talk about Tutu at the boards, as well... What exactly are the version numbers of your editions?
There was one poster who had a similar problem some time, and he needed to run BG2 once before installing Tutu.
Man's Mystery
Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss.
This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?
--Spirit of the Daedra--

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Parches, versions and TuTu
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 01:18:09 PM »
Tutu needs to patch BGMain.exe to get 0 XP at the start of the game; as the location of the starting XP within the EXE might (do?) change in the various versions of the EXE, it checks to make sure it patches at the right spot.
That it doesn't work surprises me, however - it works fine with German editions, and I've seen people from Poland talk about Tutu at the boards, as well... What exactly are the version numbers of your editions?

And if you have the latest versions of the Polish editions of the games, would you be willing to search for the XP cap location for us?  I can walk you through it, if you need.

There was one poster who had a similar problem some time, and he needed to run BG2 once before installing Tutu.

This is because baldur.ini is created when you run BG2.  If you install it fresh and don't run the game (or perhaps bgconfig.exe), then Tutu will fail.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: