Author Topic: Mazzy in Trademeet?  (Read 7618 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Mazzy in Trademeet?
« on: May 26, 2004, 10:37:15 AM »
David Gaider hinted in his posts that Mazzy apparently had one quest that was cut.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any details about this whatsover.  The only tidbits he offered are "Mazzy in Trademeet" and "Oh yeah...I almost forgot about the whole Suna Seni thing. Yeah, Valygar got hit hard with the cuts, too. Keldorn ended up with only his family plot, and Mazzy with the Pala Poisoned plot (although I did manage to add back in Gorf the Squisher later)."

Has anyone, anywhere, seen anything further about her quest?  If nothing surfaces, I'll likely remove it from the list...
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

dis

Re: Mazzy in Trademeet?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 11:15:30 AM »
David Gaider hinted in his posts that Mazzy apparently had one quest that was cut.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any details about this whatsover.  The only tidbits he offered are "Mazzy in Trademeet" and "Oh yeah...I almost forgot about the whole Suna Seni thing. Yeah, Valygar got hit hard with the cuts, too. Keldorn ended up with only his family plot, and Mazzy with the Pala Poisoned plot (although I did manage to add back in Gorf the Squisher later)."

Has anyone, anywhere, seen anything further about her quest?  If nothing surfaces, I'll likely remove it from the list...

Could this have to do with Suna and Mazzy? I mean, Mazzy likes Valygar, so with Valygar and his new woman...

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 12:01:29 PM »
Actually, there's a dialog where Valygar asks Mazzy if she likes him, and she says she's still not over Patrick.
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Bibbi

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 12:50:35 PM »
hmmm, and there was also some random Jan quest, like his missing inventions, wasn't there? 

maybe Mazzy has something to do with the blacksmith, since it isn't used in a quest right now but it still has a flag on the map.  I'd imagine something in trademeet which isn't really used might be what she was involved in, though I'm not sure what, exactly.  unless there are empty houses which could have been used for something...there isn't anything going on in the inn, is there?  maybe she meets some traveler there.  another paladinish quest for her wouldn't be amiss, i think

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 02:24:37 PM »
Do you think it might have something to do with Renal Bloodscalp in the Trademeet tavern?
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Offline Nesquaam

• MoD (Master of Disaster)
  • Planewalker
  • Per solitudinem ardere
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 02:50:58 PM »
Do you think it might have something to do with Renal Bloodscalp in the Trademeet tavern?
I think I've missed something here :o!!! Renal in Trademeet?! ??? Where ???When ???Why ???How ???
...Smile, Tomorrow Will Be Worse

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 08:45:16 PM »
Icelus, do you still have my Weird Names list somewhere? Anyhoo... In the Trademeet tavern's area file, it says that the character in the middle of the room isn't Viekang (like in the released version) but Renal Bloodscalp. Makes sense since there are shadow thieves in Trademeet.

Bibbi

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 12:15:34 AM »
well, in that vein, maybe the thieves are trying to stage some sort of heist in the city and mazzy places herself in the way of their nefarious doings, as a servant of justice.  or, she could be blackmailed into getting something for them for some reason...i don't want to overuse her family, but i think that a hostage situation or family secrets or something wouldn't be amiss in her case

Offline Nesquaam

• MoD (Master of Disaster)
  • Planewalker
  • Per solitudinem ardere
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 07:28:46 AM »
I don't think that Mazzy could be blackmailed. After all she is a paladin. This isn't the answer to the question that she can't be blackmailed, but it's a indication.
...Smile, Tomorrow Will Be Worse

Offline discharger12

• Truth?
  • Planewalker
  • k
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 07:22:02 PM »
I don't think that Mazzy could be blackmailed. After all she is a paladin. This isn't the answer to the question that she can't be blackmailed, but it's a indication.

Well you have to remember that Mazzy isn't "quite" a paladin. Yes, she follows those guidelines, and her god helps her, but still.. she isn't "officially" a paladin.

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 07:26:34 PM »
Well you have to remember that Mazzy isn't "quite" a paladin.
Why do we have to remember that?
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline discharger12

• Truth?
  • Planewalker
  • k
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 07:55:27 PM »
Well you have to remember that Mazzy isn't "quite" a paladin.
Why do we have to remember that?

Um... *shrugs*  :P

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 02:12:58 AM »
She might not be a paladin, but she acts more paladin-like than some of the real paladins we see in-game...
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2004, 12:23:07 AM »
OK, so, Shadow Thieves, blacksmiths, family members, Renal Bloodscalp, blackmail, and ransoms... How do you propose they all go together?

Honestly, though, this is all *highly* speculative, and I'm not sure if it'll even be part of UB.  I'd feel better if there was something a bit more substantial from the game designers...

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Jovial Fool
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2004, 12:40:38 AM »

Honestly, though, this is all *highly* speculative, and I'm not sure if it'll even be part of UB.  I'd feel better if there was something a bit more substantial from the game designers...

As much as I like good ole Mazzy, I have to agree with this. It would be better to just forget about it, unless more information comes along. All of this info is rather random and throwing it together would be both alot of work and probably nothing close to what her quest was originally intended to be.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2004, 03:55:41 PM »
Since much of this has moved into the speculative realm, I've moved the thread to the Quest Pack forum.  Perhaps it can be included in the Quest Pack mod.  :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: