Author Topic: Bounty hunters in ToB, Not what you're thinking about... -- Guest  (Read 1370 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Posted: May 8 2004, 02:29 PM

So... you're one of the most infamous guys in Faerun, people are sending (seriously pathetic) armies to stop you... but no one has considered that a group of heroes/villains may be out to stop this threat to existance and/or get your exp and treasure?

Note - I'm not suggesting "yet another bunch of morons you run over - Just like BG 1-2, only in ToB". What I'm suggesting, is more along the lines of Kurosan the Acid Kensai being a battle that spoofs the "Kensai-Mage = Invincibility"... in this case, there are several actual parties like the once your PC MIGHT have... and they're hunting you (well... not every encounter must be based on the bounty hunter assumption... and some of them should have a peaceful resolution chance...) the same way YOU hunt dragons - pre-buffing, summoning, zipping their potions, then charging in while you're travlling in the wilderness and have no protections... they pre-trap the area, off course... would be neat if one of them kept trying to fake-talk you...

Their items might be unique to them (descriptions for a laugh) or undroppable...

Here's an example of such a party:

A seriously heavily armored guy, who keeps on going invisible via potions, and backstabbing you with a two-handed sword.

A barbarian with a ferret familar, dual wielding a acide/cold axe, and an ax that reduces gives him slashing/crushing/piercing damage resistance. Also has hardiness, a belt of inertial barrier (or a suitable replacement) and has sipped some anti-magic potions...

A blue female mage with an attitude problem and a seemingly infinite supply of spells... blurred, mirror-imaged, fireshielded and spell-trapped, her first chain contingency is 3 abi-dalzims at the nearest enemy... then she recasts the same contingency (variant - greater malison, confusion, web)

An ironskinned, regenerating buffed druid...

And so on..

Or, more novel ideas - the sort of parties you can't get in the game, but are still lethal - a monk with an anti-magic ring (5 turns per-day), a wild mage, an archer, a psion an anti-paladin and a ranger-cleric...

the bigg    
Posted: May 9 2004, 04:31 AM

Well, ths is called cheesing... And I think that Tactics' aim is not to bring up fights that are difficult in the cheesy way... I think that this kind of tactics is more adequate for Improved Battles (which relies heavily on giving every enemy party an ImpHasted Kensai with Cel Fury, a berzeker with Ages/Crom Fayer and a 18th level mage (I'm talking about their Imp Mencar component). Also, if you like party vs party, you should try aVenger's Chosen of Cyric encounter... They're really scary and non-cheesy.
PS: Why not a sorc with the ability of triggering a Bunny Nuke, then, if you want to give enemies the same cheesy abilities you have?

Posted: May 10 2004, 08:39 AM

That's the thing - these guys aren't cheesy per-se - they don't cheat. They only have as many abilities as you can have. I'm not even proposing giving them seriously cheesy stuff like cloak of mirroring (an undroppable version of which IS used in various mods) - we're only talking about adventurers taking on a demi-god, and using the approporiate equipment to do so...

I'm thinking a mirror replica of the party/ Bondari reloads / a SERIOUSLY improved battle...

They'll probably be a few levles below you, actually (while a big part of the Improved Battles mod is giving your enemies more hp and better undroppable equipment... in this case, it's better tatctics... and a good spot for an ambush...)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: