Author Topic: To all you who are developing Valen  (Read 3822 times)

Timmy Powergamer

To all you who are developing Valen
« on: March 01, 2004, 06:38:53 AM »
Hi, Just visiting! I once read some threads here and noticed some hazzle about Valen's portrait and I think so too that It's fine the way it is but I'd seriously consired changing it to some of these I found.

Check them all!!!

Thorium Dragon

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 09:02:02 AM »
These are very nice portraits.  But personally, I'm very attached to the current one.

Portraits are easy enough for players to change with Shadowkeeper, so the choice is always there.

Timmy Powergamer

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 01:14:23 PM »
:(  Guess I have to use sk then...

the bigg

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 11:44:08 AM »
well, check the items you can download in that site and tell me if Valen is umbalanced in front of them...

Amour
Robe of Elven Archmagi
- Sets Intelligience to 25
- Bonus Level 6,7,8,9 wizard spells
- Savings Throws +1
- Magic Resistance +5%
- Immune to Level Drain
- Decrease Spell Casting Speed by 10
= Usable by Elven Mage (Single/Dual/Multi-class)
Amour
Robe of White
- Savings Throws +1
- Magic Resistance +5%
- Immune to Level Drain
= Usable by Good-Aligned Human Mage (Single/Dual/Multi-class)
Ring
Gorion's Signet Ring
- +2 to all savings throws
- +2 Amour class bonus
- 50% fire resistance
- Regenerate 5 hp/sec
- Bonus Level 5,6,7 Priest Spells
- Sets Dexerity to 25
- Sets Wisdom to 25
- Decreasing Casting Spell by 10
- Immune to Fear & Confusion
= Usable by Anomen Delryn

Scimitar
Schimitar +5, Elemental Strike
- Bonus Level 6,7 Druids Spells
- Booming Thunder (stun save vs spells)
- Shocking Thunder (20% chance additional damage)
= Usable by Druids

In front of that, Valen is a nice girl...

Rassadihn

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 08:43:58 AM »
well, check the items you can download in that site and tell me if Valen is umbalanced in front of them...

Amour
Robe of Elven Archmagi
- Savings Throws +1
Pfff, only +1? :-D

- Magic Resistance +5%
- Immune to Level Drain
YESSSSS! :-D No wait, why not just permanent Improved Alacrity?

Let's see...

Code: [Select]
Robe of Cheese

The origins of this mottled yellow robe are as mysterious as they are unimportant. What matters is that this robe unlocks your true wizardly potential.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
        Doubles memorization slots (all levels)
        Improved Alacrity
        Spell Trap (no level limit)
        Improved Chaos Shield

Special Abilities:
        Time Stop (at will)
        Nahal's Reckless Dweomer (at will)

Armor Class: -20
Resistances: set to 127%
Saving Throws: set to -20
Weight: 6
Usable by:
  Mage

On second thought... Maybe it's a bit underpowered. It should grant immunity to Time Stop. :-D

the bigg

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 08:59:49 AM »
You forget: chaotic commands, Freedom of action and immunity to imprisonment. Plus, as 2x spellslots doesn't work in BG2, setting all of them at +8 would be easier.

There is a disclaimer on that site: "Take note that some of these items may be over-powered as I usually play Insane difficulty."

Rassadihn

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 09:06:47 AM »
You forget: chaotic commands, Freedom of action and immunity to imprisonment. Plus, as 2x spellslots doesn't work in BG2, setting all of them at +8 would be easier.
I humbly accept your improvements, as long as the Free Action stacks with Haste.

On second thought, just tacking on permanent improved Haste with that and calling it the Robe of Runny Cheese would work as well, I think.

There is a disclaimer on that site: "Take note that some of these items may be over-powered as I usually play Insane difficulty."
Yes, that makes perfect sense. If monsters do more damage, you *need* that cheese, man. :-)

the bigg

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 09:22:25 AM »
Ooo, nearly forgot... Greater Wolfwere regeneration rate (don't remember how high it was though, but it was funny morphing to one of them and seeing the HP status running high...
Ah yes: the clck will add the dispell-on-hit feature to your char (like what is done with the anti-paladin). Immunity to lower resistances spells, protection from undead and/or magic (as per scrolls) at will. Permanent Assasinate + kai + poison weapon + GWW + Critical strike + ...

Hmmm... Maybe I gave Wes an idea for a new uber-fight...

[Stacking FoA with haste is simple: take off the cloack (which will use the clck and not the armour slot), cast imp haste, re-equip it.]

Other cheese worth noting is in the Improved battles, Mencar Pebblecrusher: Pooky's Mom will, every round, RFS Breach - 3 x Flame Arrow on nearest foe...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 09:24:09 AM by the bigg »

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 09:27:29 AM »
Adding kit abilities makes it the Cloak of Uber Cheese... And you're supposed to take care of regen with Gaxx/Sanchu/Ring of Preservation... But maybe insta-Heal on hitpoints at 50% is a nice option. :-D

Stacking: yes, but that's annoying. I was thinking about adding all the Free Action immunities separately and then tacking on Imp Haste.

Enough, enough... My ears are clogged with cheese now... and I'm starting to sound like Userunfriendly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No offense UU...

the bigg

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 09:36:19 AM »
UU is something else... he is all about stretching the engine with finesse, not uber-items like those.
And, regeneration from Sanchuu is 3/round, like a 100 HP guy will se his HP go up, but he needs to check it to notice... A greater wolfwere's HP will go up at something like 10/sec... It heals you in 6 secs or so... WITHOUT imp haste.
(the Cleric/druid spell regeneration is 3HP/round, pretty much like a troll's one, and you're almost invincible.)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: