Author Topic: Valen Expansion now in development  (Read 57441 times)

Mah

Valen Expansion now in development
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2004, 02:24:35 PM »
Mah-

That sort of comment is probably not the type of thing that is what many people would like to read.  They add nothing to the discussion, or creative suggestions pertinent to modding.  Please keep your comments clean.

But, I agree the game is in need of a half-orc romance.
I'm terribly sorry, but it IS logical. I mean, follow this pattern:

Valen = a woman -> Women have needs -> Women are easily attracted(like men) to things that are new and different

Hence, it's easy to think Valen might as well have a relationship(mostly sexual at that) with a half-orc. Then again, if this orc character is evil, he could just force Valen to have sex with him. This is also a cold fact of life(rapings does happen), but I don't know if people want to keep BG as a 'my-little-pony-fantasy-nothing-bad-nor-cruel-happens'. I think not. So I guess good options for romancing would be:
a) You can just seduce her and have a physical relationship.
B) You are spawn of Bhaal, you just make her your sex-toy(maybe after fighting her)
c) Real love relationship?

And if someone is going to say "Vampires don't lust" just check out movies like Dracula, Bloody Mary and Interview with an Vampire or read some of the original books. Vampires DO lust. And depending on source, they can also love.

Trinin

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2004, 03:20:21 PM »
Ummm... *steps several feet away from Mah* Oooh I'd be careful. And yes bad things I should know. And who said vampires don't lust.

HarvesterOfSorrow

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2004, 10:25:30 PM »
Thorium I would be interested in helping with the expansion if you need any. Or if you really desire to do it by yourself i guess i wont be bothered. But i guess it would speed up the process. If you would just reply ( i hardly check my email 380 new messages and still counting  <_< ) alrighty thats about it...

Thorium Dragon

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2004, 10:10:25 AM »
And of course half-orc. When you are playing evil, you want to take that unique chance of being evil orc-dude :)
Yeah, I think a half-orc could make sense.

Strange I didn't think of it in my original answer considering my protagoninst in my runthrough is a half-orc.

Thorium I would be interested in helping with the expansion if you need any. Or if you really desire to do it by yourself i guess i wont be bothered. But i guess it would speed up the process. If you would just reply ( i hardly check my email 380 new messages and still counting  <_< ) alrighty thats about it...
I appreciate the offer but I prefer to do as much of this as I can.  My schedule is too erratic and unreliable for me to feel comfortable commiting others to this project.

I would be interested in a collaborative project in the future, most likely.

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2004, 11:37:58 AM »
no evil lesbian romance then? :(  

Mah

« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2004, 05:00:57 PM »
Ummm... *steps several feet away from Mah* Oooh I'd be careful.
Careful about what? :/

And who said vampires don't lust.

Well, people here are saying that Valen would try to seduce the player because of his position(yes, I'm assuming no lesbian action, shame though, as Valen looks pretty kinky sort of girl). Why can't we just make it so that Valen just wants to have sex? If I've understood correctly, people outside there in the real world(yes, there is one), have sex just for fun. Why Valen should have any deeper motives?

Hence a short recap:
a. Player can seduce/impress Valen to actually 'love' him. Maybe just by being really really evil(like killing kids and taking candies from their dead bodies and giving them to Valen)
b. Player can just have a physical relationship(this should be the easiest option)
c. Player can make Valen his (sex)slave(via fighting perhaps), which leads in to Valen deeply despising you, but who cares anyway, you ARE evil after all. And you get her without the pillow talk :D

HarvesterOfSorrow

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2004, 05:48:31 PM »
aye carumba

this isnt exactly a real life representation. and if you really require sex in a game you need to get out of your friggin cave more often. Anyways it doesnt matter to me really its more of the creators choice. But i doubt hes going to include your little fantasies in it...if he does   :wacko:  

Mah

« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2004, 11:44:14 AM »
aye carumba

this isnt exactly a real life representation. and if you really require sex in a game you need to get out of your friggin cave more often. Anyways it doesnt matter to me really its more of the creators choice. But i doubt hes going to include your little fantasies in it...if he does   :wacko:
It's not really about 'my little fantasies'. If you are roleplaying evil, you should know that evil people do evil stuff...still following me? Now which one do you think someone really evil is more likely to do: carry a packet of roses to Valen or just take her?

Besides, have you even played the game? BG already has sex.

Schatten

« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2004, 05:27:10 PM »
mah has a point there.

" and if you really require sex in a game you need to get out of your friggin cave more often."

huya. what do you mean with going out? there is no world outside my room, isnt there?

HarvesterOfSorrow

« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2004, 06:53:55 PM »
Yeah, BGII does have sex in it, I have played it obviously. Im just saying sure you could have the option of PC, being evil and all, do that stuff. But just saying you seem a little overly excitable with the raping and stuff. Well anyways Im not arguing about but im just saying youre points out. However Thorium makes his Valen expansion though i will still download it....

EDIT: whoops. Valen, not Vanhalen.....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 06:55:20 PM by HarvesterOfSorrow »

Mah

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2004, 01:59:46 PM »
Yeah, BGII does have sex in it, I have played it obviously. Im just saying sure you could have the option of PC, being evil and all, do that stuff. But just saying you seem a little overly excitable with the raping and stuff. Well anyways Im not arguing about but im just saying youre points out. However Thorium makes his Valen expansion though i will still download it....

EDIT: whoops. Valen, not Vanhalen.....
This isn't really a matter of life and death to me and I don't get my kicks from text-based sexual action. I was merely presenting options that would be good to have, in case one would really want to RP evil. We want to have a versatile mod with several different ways to achieve ones goals, no? I guess I either presented my thoughts badly or you misinterpreted them. Glad that we agree on the fact that we 'could' have it as an option.

Peace. And carrots :)

Offline St. Josephine

• PPG
  • Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
Re: Valen Expansion now in development
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2004, 10:45:53 PM »
Piotyr

Rape is not good in any game unless it makes you die from trying to or after you do it. Its just morrallly wrong and over steping gaming bounds. And if you would really click that option that says "Rape her" You have a bit of a problem. Sorry just kinda had to add that.

Thorium Dragon

I don't object to rape in an RPG on moral grounds, however, I just find the idea dull.

In my opinion, "evil" is a way of viewing the world and moving through it- not just a label you stick on a character as an excuse to do whatever the hell you want.

Evil leaders inspire loyalty in their followers by inspiring fear and dominating their will. Rape doesn't do either of that- it bypasses one's will completly, and will most likely serve to piss someone off more than fear you, or be loyal to you.

It gives the player no dialog, no psychology, nothing to figure out.

That seems pretty boring to me.

Kish

Not to mention the matter of logistics. How do you rape someone who can turn into mist at will?

Urborg Vengrath

Rape is used by slavers(amongst others) to break/weaken a subject's will, inspire fear, show dominaince, and instill a worthlessness in the subject. It is often a tool in such cases and little more. I do not believe the PC would have a reason to rape any of his follower as they are all rather loyal. Then theres always inspinct and lust. It wouldn't be fitting to rape someone who has served you so well, a party member for example. A restrained enemy, a random peasant, sure. But those who are using their bodies as shields to defend you, your loyal servants(they might not realise it, but face the truth, that's all they ever where)? What fool would do that? I doubt someone as compitant as the PC would so short sited.
Now a Vampire from the Anne Rice Novels is no doubt differant than a D&D Vampire. Every RP and story has it's own varriation. No doubt any mundane creature would have to either be in love, seduced, or (in my case)have a morbid bent in order to be in any form of relationship with a Vampire that doesn't end is cold glares(at the least). There are many types of "romance" and many views of it's definition. I'm looking forwards to seeing how Thorium developes this relationship, however distant it might be. Personally I am pleased to have another villinious character to add to my group's roster. More content and detail to that character is welcome. From what I've read of your post(which is very little, to be honest) you have some interesting ideas for this expansion. I wonder how they will blend together.

Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2005, 11:31:50 AM »
Evil leaders inspire loyalty in their followers by inspiring fear and dominating their will. Rape doesn't do either of that- it bypasses one's will completly, and will most likely serve to piss someone off more than fear you, or be loyal to you.
My thoughts exactly. Just look at Sarevok, I'm sure he used that method with most of his underlings.
And I don't think he raped anyone of his woman underlings. For an evil guy, he's beyond that, only his personal goal matters.

As for Valen, will you reduce her speed? I know, vampires move fast, but it became impossible after a while to keep her moving along the others. She killed more than 80% of the game's enemies as far as I got due to her speed (when the others catched up, at least half the enemy force was bye - bye) alone. But I like her level - drain claws, imagine those little babies with a powerful vampiric assassin.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Ganner_Rhysode

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2006, 03:01:47 PM »
I know it's been almost two years.. but what's now about this expansion? Is it finished, Thorium Dragon ? ist there some version to download up somewhere ?

Offline Evaine Dian

• Planewalker
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2006, 07:20:06 AM »
No, it's not finished. Here's the link to the expansion's forum:

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showforum=198
"Show me how you do that trick! The one that makes me scream", she said,
"the one that makes me laugh!" she said and threw her arms around my neck.
"Show me how you do it and I promise you, I promise that
I'll run away with you, I'll run away with you..."

hamstermancer

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2006, 02:34:22 AM »
I, for one, would not mind turning Valen into a cute love slave (a portrait like that... how can you resist?)  ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: