Author Topic: Valen Expansion now in development  (Read 57511 times)

serjeLeBlade

Valen Expansion now in development
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2004, 09:53:04 PM »
Thank you for saving me the bother, Schatten.
I second that wholeheartedly.
I bet most people visiting this forum may possibly be uninterested in seeing Auvrin and me arguing... on the same topic... yet again :D

@serjeLeBlade:

I've done some work on it and here's what I've got so far...
I figure Valen could intall something like this-

(...)

Now, can we do as we have the "optional component" issue handled properly?
Players who don't like this or that will have the opportunity to choose.
(And players who don't like the ValenThoriumDragonProject item in itself will have the opportunity to save time by not downloading it at all... but maybe these are tricks of the trade, unknown to the occasional player, I see....)

OK OK: Free Silly Bard's trick of the day: if you're uninterested in a mod, *don't download it*!!! Fully granted, it always works!!! :D

Valen Setup Options:
    -Story and Dialog
        ~Wes Weimer (no change)
        ~Thorium Dragon

I'd call this "to download or not to download"... as mentioned abowe :)

-Vampiric Ability Handling
        ~Wes Weimer (no change)
        ~T.G. Maestro (BG2 Refinements) if he wanted to include it here
        ~Thorium Dragon

-Valen's Class <if #3 above>
         ~Fighter/Thief (no change)
         ~Fighter
         ~Fighter/Mage
         ~Sorceress
         ~Assassin
         ~Monk

I would suggest: ask yourself this: "is it necessary to change <insert item from Valen's present skills/class/powers list here> for my mod to work?"
The challenge in modding is to try to do it without changing what already exists and is accepted by the majority of the players base.
You WILL get complaints ... no wait ... you will get *scores of people yelling at you*, if you dare change anything about Valen that the majority of current players like.
Do you really want to take this chance?
No wait
The correct question is: do you really NEED to take this chance for your mod to work? Is it absolutely needed?

(maybe not I guess, since you're listing 6 classes including the original one... my suggestion is, go with the original one if you just can make it...  you'll save yourself a lot of trouble this way)

Regarding equipment:  Some of the new class options for Valen can't wear armor

(that's the kind of trouble I was suggesting to keep as possible away of.
In the first releases of your mod at least)

Obsolete URL removed

Believe it or not, I've read all of your posts in this forum (about 50, am I correct?)

Regarding death and dying: Upon reaching 1 hp Valen turns gaseous and retreats to a magical urn the PC is carrying.

Ahem... :eek: Who's supposed to have provided such a power to the pc, and when? (and "Why"?)
("when?" and "why?" are simply questions for you to answer - maybe I've missed some thread in some other forum - I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really naively puzzled. I mean, mortals are not supposed to possess "urns" that save vampires from the true death... you've lost me somewhere, I'm sorry!)

Final Deep Nignt Drunken Bard Wise Suggestion of Goodnignt:
what about making the (non-)romance thing a non-gender-related thing?
This is not a question that doesn't need an answer.
Just think about it.
Listen to the sound of it (Serje starts playing)
"Romance just male (human elf or half-elf...)"

Hey, this doesn't sound like Valen, mate...
no matter the music, no matter how I try to play it...
This sounds like Aerie, Tashia at best, it's not Valen sound!

Goodnignt everybody
The Silly Bard is going to free you of his presence in a matter of seconds

Remember me and smile
Dream of me and laugh
(Amd I love you all... IF you are ladies I mean!)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 11:03:10 AM by jcompton »

Tancred

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2004, 06:59:34 AM »
For every man and woman who believe as little should be changed as possible, there's probably one who's curious enough to want to see what Thorium Dragon comes up with.

Schatten

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2004, 08:04:16 AM »
"Thank you for saving me the bother, Schatten. "

No problem. ;)

well, your install options are okay. so i can get the best out of 3 mods. :)

ähm.... does a vampire rest in an urn?? i thought its a coffin.

well, i am out of here since debatting is again futile. i just wait for the release. :)  

Thorium Dragon

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2004, 09:51:27 PM »
Does a vampire rest in an urn?? I thought it's a coffin.
There is no debate necessary, Schatten.  You asked a simple, fair question, here's an answer:

You’re right, it generally is a coffin.

The urn thing grew out of the Valen's Final Death thread as a way for Valen to "die".  The original idea was for Valen to retreat to the Graveyard (which makes a lot of sense), but that creates a problem if Athkatla is inaccessible to the PC.

I proposed the urn idea as sort of a "portable grave".  As I thought about it, it struck me as something I could write about, as well as being a practical solution to Valen's unkillable fog.  As it stands now, the urn gets an explanation and functions as an important plot device.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 10:51:32 PM by jcompton »

serjeLeBlade

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2004, 10:39:39 AM »
The urn thing grew out of the Valen's Final Death thread as a way for Valen to "die". 
As it stands now, the urn gets an explanation and functions as an important plot device.
I've read that thread again but my question stays the same.

It's just curiosity: such a portable resting device is a luxury that no vampire I ever heard about, not even the most powerful ones, possessed.
Where did it come from? Valen gives it to the pc? Or Bodhi does it?
(Is any of the two of them supposed to trust the pc so much?)
Or will there be some specific quest or event related to its origin?
Nothing serious anyway...
Just curiosity as I mentioned above.

Also, I would like to know what people think about the idea to make the romantic compnent non-gender related...
I was thinking about the fact that Valen should be able to love any charming, powerful, evil woman at least in the same way she "loved" her mistress (and especially after Bodhi's disappearance, she could really feel the need of someone to "replace" her).
What do you think about this?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 10:51:45 PM by jcompton »

jester

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2004, 11:00:26 AM »
Also, I would like to know what people think about the idea to make the romantic component non-gender related...
I was thinking about the fact that Valen should be able to love any charming, powerful, evil woman at least in the same way she "loved" her mistress (and especially after Bodhi's disappearance, she could really feel the need of someone to "replace" her).
What do you think about this?
Since bodily love, not to mention sex, should be beyond all undead, she could "romance" anything up to Irenicus or the jailkeep golem as it would be but a memory of love from her former life. <_<
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 11:02:06 AM by jester »

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2004, 11:09:54 AM »
Frankly, how do you explain anything related to love in a vampiric state? :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  :o  

serjeLeBlade

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2004, 11:26:51 AM »
Frankly, how do you explain anything related to love in a vampiric state? :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  :o
Well, I would try Ann Rice's way.
Have you read "Queen of the Damned"?
The feelings the vampire Lestat was experiencing towards his Queen reasonably resembled "love" enough to be called like so, imho  ;)

The same holds true for what he felt for his mother, imho again.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 11:27:34 AM by serjeLeBlade »

jester

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2004, 12:40:33 PM »
Frankly, how do you explain anything related to love in a vampiric state? :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  :o
Don't know about the queen, but his mother would be a memory of love rather than love :unsure: . That said, I do think that the romance idea is viable to envision, since there are some people who even romance a Bhaalspawn  :wub: , but the "..and they *shrug* lived happily ever after" bit in the epilogue would have to be altered. BTW Valen would not romance a schmug who declines godhood for a nice peasant hut.

Thorium Dragon

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2004, 01:32:41 PM »
Such a portable resting device is a luxury that no vampire I ever heard about, not even the most powerful ones, possessed.

True, but as I said, it does get an explanation in the story.  Hopefully it will satisfy.

Where did it come from? Valen gives it to the pc? Or Bodhi does it?

I address those points in the story, I'd rather not spill the beans here  ;)

Is any of the two of them supposed to trust the pc so much?

It's not an issue of trust, believe me.  :)

Will there be some specific quest or event related to its origin?

Yes, to both.

I would like to know what people think about the idea to make the romantic compnent non-gender related...

That's kinda' what happens, already.  The "romance" is basically a footnote on that overall theme, (along with origin, ect.) for male PC to explore- or not (and it doesn't end the story if the PC doesn't, unlike the Bioware romances).

Frankly, how do you explain anything related to love in a vampiric state?

Differently.  Very differently.  It would have to be, and that's the approach I take.

I would try Ann Rice's way.

I've never read Anne Rice, but I hope you don't compare me too closely to a professional, published author.  I'm fairly sure I'm not quite in that league!  :D  

serjeLeBlade

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2004, 06:06:07 AM »
I've never read Anne Rice, but I hope you don't compare me too closely to a professional, published author.  I'm fairly sure I'm not quite in that league!  :D
Don't worry about that, it's not Ann Rice's style of writing what I like about her, I like the concepts and reasoning behind her stories.
And so I like yours (at least, the ones I've read in this forum) so everything should be fine  ;)

How are you doing?
Are you planning to post some kind of example or prewiew of your work in the near future?

Don't know about the queen, but his mother would be a memory of love rather than love  . That said, I do think that the romance idea is viable to envision, since there are some people who even romance a Bhaalspawn  , but the "..and they *shrug* lived happily ever after" bit in the epilogue would have to be altered. BTW Valen would not romance a schmug who declines godhood for a nice peasant hut.

I agree to every point.
The idea of "memory of love" is very appropriate.
I would suggest the concept of "memory of having been able to love", too.
(It was Irenicus the one who was losing that, not the vampires -i.e. Bodhi-... am I correct?) :???:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 06:08:28 AM by serjeLeBlade »

Thorium Dragon

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2004, 11:03:02 AM »
How are you doing?
Are you planning to post some kind of example or prewiew of your work in the near future?
I'm progressing pretty well,  although never as fast as I would like  :)

I don't plan on posting previews.  But as I near completion I'll give an approximate amount of the dialog added, and a more specific overview.

I do have some news on a separate note- T.G. Maestro and myself have worked out a tenative schedule to integrate our Valen mods into a single installation as outlined earlier in this thread.

My goal is to have the mod completed and posted by early March.

LordKableNikon

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2004, 02:15:02 AM »
Ok I just want to point out to all you romance haters out there....
your character.... the MAIN character is the son of Bhaal,
The Lord of Murder, what comes with murder.... BLOOD...
What supposedly vampires like.... Blood...
Are we seeing a connection?  :huh:
If Valen found out he was a son of Bhaal, why the hell
would she not want to atleast try and seduce him....  :rolleyes:
come on, When Throne of Bhaal Comes around,
Where he has the choice to ascend, can we think blood god
and like vampire god,and so which blood crazed vampire woman
wouldn't want to be his consort and be the Lady of Blood and Murder? :wub:
I just see that also a little different because like Sarevok is some
Dialogue asked if he could be "my general" leading an army and just
murdering killing and pillaging all over amn and the sword coast. :)
I was like HELL YAH, but when the ending came up he didn't do any of
the things he wanted to do.  I felt really boned as the ending came up short :angry:
so like re-doing the ending would be hella tight as an idea.
Adding Banters of like:
1) Valen during TOB to actively try harder to romance/seduce
the PC.  B)
2)  Have like Edwin kiss his feet so when he ascends edwin becomes
an "elminster for murder and blood"   B)
3) Have Sarevok actually be your general and like have your evil army rape the sword coast.   B)
4) Have Korgan lead portions of that army B)
5) I could care less what that sadistic bitch viconia does anyhow, have Valen feel jealous and kill her in her sleep..... yes I like that idea. (Since Korgan hates her too) :D  :D  :D
So another point is that all the romances I have seen, it allows you to "have your cake but not eat it..." and I feel downed by it.
Also My Final Point is. Well Valen is Chaotic Evil.... is there a thing or did my world just flipped upside down and Chaotic Evil people aren't attracted to Power?
Like when the PC goes into the slayer she'd be "jumping for joy" seeing like oh yah
seduce this person and I can be a goddess.
So yah these are just my "humble opinions...."
I actually like BG2 and TOB because the Banters some of them I find are just funny others are there to make it feel like the npc's aren't just figures that blindly follow your clicks(Which I remember in baldurs gate 1, Edwin: "Elminster this, Elminster that, Give me a few hundered years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse." I'd be like now I am a god I will give you your shot edwin, instead of leaving him out to dry when you ascend in the original TOB.
my 2 cents

P.S. Yah I am just a guest to this forum so what would I know.... :wacko:

Seifer

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2004, 03:42:20 AM »
All of this falls on one flaw although it is an important ones.

Valen is a thrall to a more powerful, dominant and older vampire.  Romance should be off the agenda permantly.

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2004, 12:58:08 PM »
2) Have like Edwin kiss his feet so when he ascends edwin becomes
an "elminster for murder and blood"  

Edwin's Romance mod is the mod for you. It alters all the epilogues for Edwin, romantique and not.

LordKableNikon

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2004, 01:27:02 AM »
All of this falls on one flaw although it is an important ones.

Valen is a thrall to a more powerful, dominant and older vampire.  Romance should be off the agenda permantly.
Yes, but after Bohdi Dies, is she still a thrall, how can one control another when the mistress is in final death?
I'd be grateful if removed some enchanted slavery upon me so I could grow up to be an UBER Vampire...
And most "romances" come to a certain point in the game after Bohdi gets "Whacked" and whose to say that she doesn't find the pc appealing when bohdi gets beaten by the pc?
And most of the times Thralls act in the best interest of there master/mistress, and following direct orders when they are in the presence of them.
So what I am trying to say is when she "gets her freedom" what keeps her from finding the pc very appealing?

Seifer

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2004, 05:02:59 PM »
What keeps her from rediscovering entirely different elements in her newfound freedom

It might be viewed that moving from thralldom to a relationship is a paradigm, that is, shifting from one form of slavery to another.

LordKableNikon

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2004, 09:23:47 PM »
Seifer,
There is one thing simple to this, a good amount people, and especially vampires in the D&D world are very much static.  When a character becomes a vampire they don't just change classes, it is what they are "Used To"

I do martial arts for a living, and really I stick to where my guns are at,  I have a problem I fight, I usually don't talk things through for I am a fairly intorverted fellow.

the thing is people stick to what they are used to, especially after a ground breaking situation, with vampires lets use Count Strahd as an example from the world of Ravenloft.  He is always stuck in the past: killing his brother out of jealousy and letting the girl he loved commit suicide.  So what I am saying is if the "romance" is a slavery, it would just be a different type, one that she would be more accustomed to than her total freedom.

Sometimes it is fear that keeps us from moving on...
Plus she has her freedom from Bohdi since she dies etc... that reverts me to these previous points I made...
1.Well Valen is Chaotic Evil.... is there a thing or did my world just flipped upside down and Chaotic Evil people aren't attracted to Power?
2.If Valen found out he was a son of Bhaal, why the hell
would she not want to atleast try and seduce him....  
wouldn't want to be his consort and be the Lady of Blood and Murder?  

And since you said "It might be viewed that moving from thralldom to a relationship is a paradigm, that is, shifting from one form of slavery to another."
Thus this is a perception, and it might not at all be conisdered slavery in her mind...

Now for Thorium Dragon
If you are still accepting ideas
In ToB in the city of saradush, if you have valen in your party and have her talk with the prostitutes who are vampires, she would notice and like put you on your quest to have a vampire stronghold, fighters get a castle why can't like you being a soon to be lord of murder get a cult of vampires?
2)  Have Valen's epilogue atleast be evilly acceptable, like she would plan on killing you if you turned down godhood, but if you accepted and evil she would be your queen, it is almost fitting and ironic, bohdi the vampire girl who wanted to ascend to godhood, instead her slave and enemy ascend to godhood.
3) Perhaps your pc can share in undeath with her? being a vampire as well, so she'd think you as more than divine cattle(if she thinks of you that way)
(being a divine vampire might make the main char more appealing to valen)
4) I have other ideas but yah this note is getting way too long so if you want more Thorium Dragon then just respond

Seifer

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2004, 10:54:14 PM »
I studied Kenpo, I don't anymore.

I appreciate your willingness to talk so lets keep to that bit eh?

Staticness is more often then not the result of bad writing.  I'm not speaking of keeping Valen as a traditional Rocky HammerShow/Peter Cushing scenario, I'm asking for a bit of perspective.
People screaming 'lets redeem the vampire, lets romance the vampire' is just as stagnant as the above mentioned images.  Changing everything just so  that it no longer represents the original concept does NOT mean that is is any less static/stagnant/poor.

Chapter One - No Valen
Chapter Two - Get Valen
Chapter Three - Valen is still a dedicated servant of Bohdi
Chapter Four - stabbed in the back at spellhold
Chapter Five - takes new master - PC
Chapter Six - Previous Master gets killed by new master
Chapter Seven - get discount tickets to see Jon in concert

Pretty tight schedule huh

Now, to your assumptions:-
1.Well Valen is Chaotic Evil.... is there a thing or did my world just flipped upside down and Chaotic Evil people aren't attracted to Power?
2.If Valen found out he was a son of Bhaal, why the hell
would she not want to atleast try and seduce him....
wouldn't want to be his consort and be the Lady of Blood and Murder?

In this case, she is more attracted to blood and  especially applicable, since she is a vampire, she might be looking for SURVIVAL.  The old 'they all want power' is one of the oldest justifications in the book.  Using this as a basis for a story will make it worthless from the start.  Inventing a personality and a history for a character, deciding what  makes them tick will be a better option here.

Option two really works on the basis of Valenhaving FREEWILL which isn't  the case, Bohdi is what, a matriach?   No contest.  If Charname is powerful enough to take her down she will  be no match for him/her as well.  This is what is missing from the whole thing.  What's to stop Kelemvor from strepping in and killing her before she could possibly ascend.  Valen was nothing more then a petty criminal who was turned into a vampire by sheer luck.  In her human form she lacked any sort of wisdom or clarity and in an undead guise she is guided by pure instinct alone.

Considering the scope of the game, there is NO time for her to garner a will of her own let along consider a romance or the options of godhood.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 11:06:27 PM by Seifer »

Thorium Dragon

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2004, 11:13:16 AM »
I have other ideas but yah this note is getting way too long so if you want more Thorium Dragon then just respond.
Sure, I'd like to hear them.

Changing everything just so that it no longer represents the original concept does NOT mean that is is any less static/stagnant/poor

In a nutshell, what do you consider the original concept?  Just curious.

Considering the scope of the game, there is NO time for her to garner a will of her own let along consider a romance or the options of godhood.

I'm inclined to agree, but taken in perspective with the development of the PC, who goes from getting smacked around by gibberlings outside of Candlekeep to potential godhood in a matter of months of game time, is anything really so unbelievable?

Inventing a personality and a history for a character, deciding what makes them tick will be a better option here.

That's what I'm shooting for.  :)  

Overall, I think that if the story is logical, well-formed and attention to detail is given throughout the mod it will be easier to suspend disbelief.  I find that to be the case in any fictional work.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 11:18:17 AM by Thorium Dragon »

Seifer

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2004, 04:58:28 PM »
Point at a time here:-

I don't really have a concept as per se on this but see it as a little deviant.  I see Valen as a thrall who is always subjugated to the will of another regardless of PC or Bohdi.  I see, as acted out in her banters and so forth, someone who will live and die for her master/mistress.  Beyond this, yes, I agree that there is room for expansion.  However, to think of free will and romance, in my subjective opinion, is too large a shift to be seen as feasible.

I'm inclined to agree, but taken in perspective with the development of the PC, who goes from getting smacked around by gibberlings outside of Candlekeep to potential godhood in a matter of months of game time, is anything really so unbelievable?

Errm. consider the following points:-
1 - BGII is a protagonist game
2 - Charname IS the son of a deity
3 - Forces greater then the PC or Bohdi are creating their future.

In regards to the writing of any work, fiction or otherwise, you can take one of two opinions.  Make it up as you go along which if done properly with the likes of Kelsey and Chloe being an example, it can work or, as I prefer, and the method advocated by Tolkien, using an actual history whether invented or otherwise, can be used to explain much.
This is what we applied (basiclly, I'll admit) with K&Z and what I want to apply to SS/NS and Horace.

LordKableNikon

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2004, 03:59:56 PM »
Option two really works on the basis of Valenhaving FREEWILL which isn't the case, Bohdi is what, a matriach? No contest. If Charname is powerful enough to take her down she will be no match for him/her as well. This is what is missing from the whole thing. What's to stop Kelemvor from strepping in and killing her before she could possibly ascend. Valen was nothing more then a petty criminal who was turned into a vampire by sheer luck. In her human form she lacked any sort of wisdom or clarity and in an undead guise she is guided by pure instinct alone.
"Sometimes it is just sheer luck that makes americans millionaire's"
Powerball/Lotto/and assorted gambles.
I am percieving that you believe thralls are mindless automatans(sp)
but there are definately situations where she shows her own will.

finally got free time, and what I remember from the valen mod, valen did have some semblance of "free will"
I remember a few actions she had "free will"
1) She got angry at the De'arnise aunt something or other and was going to rip her head off (not that the thought wouldn't cross my mind, I wouldn't act upon it)
2) She thanks Roger the fence for how he always gave her a fair deal when she was a normal kid.
3) She takes the silver dragon eggs and gives them to the demon...
no questions asked there is free will especially on the first two accounts
for I don't see bohdi thanking someone for helping her thrall when she was "cattle"
or how she thinks on her past and wants vengeance for the aunty being such well... a bitch...
4)The Kelemvor part I did see and I remember back, that Lord Ao forbid all the dieties from tampering with the bhaalspawn's destiny... now off handling zapping ones npcs' I would probably believe as "stacking the odds" and or Tampering in my mind. (The thing Cyric said why he couldn't just zap the pc in his pocket plane)

Now like thorium dragon said in a matter of game months you come from getting smacked by gibberlings to ascending to godhood, Baldurs Gate is a definate thing that brings a dramatic shift in someone's beings, (The hell trials)
So what is really to keep Valen from having a dramatic shift in her paradigm?
And from your points I would tend to agree in SoA there wouldn't be room for a romance but it is said that you spent somewhere like a month or two in Suldanesslar(sp) so that being said two months plus whatever game time you were with Valen I'd believe a romance in ToB would be a very plausible possibility in my mind.
Alright and sometimes with betrayal people become "more vulnerable."
So What I think is that the pc has the ability to open the doors to valen for a romance, so in ToB there definately would be more time for her to be receptive to you.
So what I am trying to say is I concede to your logic that there really is no time for a romance in SoA but I know ToB is fair game.

Now my Idea for Thorium Dragon
Like in a situation where Valen looks for a knew master/mistress
I remember in the Soulafein(Sp) mod when Soulafein became a vampire
he was definately more Badass than bohdi ever was.
So by the end SoA she offers to make you her knew master/mistress (A.K.A)
Making you a vampire. Or in ToB in the beginning she offers the same offer
because in my mind the only way she would see you nothing more than a divine cattle is a divine master/mistress.  and thus the "romance" would be a little skewered and strange I'd admit, but things have happened where a slave has loved its master and the love was mutual responding.  (Ever heard the saying Love is eternal) B)  
Well and that brings if the pc is a vampire then the vampires in the sieged city would definately act differently especially if the pc is a patriarch/matriarch.
What is done with the vampires is up to you, I am just putting out examples.
I know that Jan and Haer Daelis(sp)  that they like to insult or they like to poke fun, I'd just be laughing because I was in a good party and Jan Insulted Anomen Keldorn and Minsc and I was like Keldorn and Anomen were reading to kill him if he kept going, and so I was like... if keldorn anomen and minsc decided to do a righteous buttkicking on jan I wouldn't see he'd be able to stop it,
Same would go for Valen, she'd be pissed because Jan insulted her and she went "RaR" and kill Jan, I really don't see to many npcs fighting.
So yah I'll stop for now I don't want to bore people with too long of notes  ;)

Jerr

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2004, 04:48:18 PM »
Interesting. I had thought this mod was dead, glad to see someone has decided to revive Valen! I for one will download and play this mod.

Good Luck, Thorium Dragon.

Jerr

Seifer

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2004, 05:08:44 PM »
Well, with all points being said and considered, I'll throw the towel in the ring and leave you all to it.

Good luck in your endevours!

LordKableNikon

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2004, 10:42:05 PM »
Hey Thorium Dragon:
Do you have any alpha testers of your mod or beta testers for I for one would be like... Need Valen Mod to complete my Bg2 experience....
So i'd be glad to update you on whatever I find or go through the mod. :rolleyes:
Though if you don't want me to test, I would be incredibly :angry:  .......
Yah well I thought with the coffin/urn thingy, what happens if valen has it on her and she goes... well poof?? :(

Ideas
I would think that the vampire slayers would come in ToB in the oasis or the drow forest, it would probably make the best way, have it like 4.5 million exp they come in, and then make them a tad bit stronger.
Have more than one group of vampire slayers, like one come in at the very beginning, and they are like a newbie group trying to erradicate the undead.
you know, make valen and the pc a little more infamous, for I know Helsing Buffy Faith etc... there would be more than one group of slayers to attack the team.  It just doesn't make sense that there would be only one group of slayers ever to attack a "legendary vampire"
When Having Valen in the party and the romance "continues" and you are romancing viconia, I'd think they wouldn't see eye to eye on who should have the pc.  Viconia being an evil cleric could cower/control the undead while valen would see her as just cattle trying to rise above its station.  (what I am trying to say is "Have Valen kill her in her sleep" PLEASE!!!!   :D
If you have Minsc in the party and Valen, when Minsc finds out she is a vampire, minsc really would immediately try to make a good liberal butt kicking to her evil vampness.
Yah though in ToB I wouldn't see it as much as a romance than a seduction, but that is what I think.
Also have something like a will counter, matters through the dialogue, "is that the farther she is away from her mistress, and what you say on the dialogue the more "free will" she'd have.  So if you have collected enough will counters for her a "romance" might occur in ToB
Question Does Valen have dialogue about the pc's stronghold?
if she doesn't I would think she'd have about 2-3 matters what type of stronghold it is, and that there would dialogues that would give a few will counter points.  Just a few nothing big so if people don't want a stronghold won't really be penalized for it. I have a bit of examples.

Keep: Valen talks about hiding place,  The Chapel area (Borumir the cleric is bad she wants it for herself) and the "Cellar" A.K.A The Torture Dungeon (She likes the area and this would be the place where she might gain a few points.
Temple of Lathandar (She Hates it)
Temple of Helm (Jittery Unconfortable)
Temple of Talos (Great place) She gives a dialogue that you should take over the priesthood. and probably a dialogue after you have given everyone advice.
Playhouse (Nice place to start up a beginning coven of vampires, who would guess actors that are vampires.) She gives a saying about Vampires pretending to be actors pretending to be vampires....
Cabin (all bad too rustic and though she likes the plus of a town she might terrorize)
Paladin stronghold.... 2 words YAH RIGHT....
Planar Sphere, I don't have dialogue thoughts on it yet.
Thiefs guild you can't get....

also the I think she'd hear stories about Gax the Lich and warn about him, and instead of fighting Gax if she opens and free's Gax, the party gets a boon for she is undead instead of fighting him, and may also give a few missions, siding with Gax might be fun.
Quests might include the removal of the cowled ones
Removal of the Twisted Rune.
A new zone the Netheril area, in which Gax gets his final revenge...
I am like why can't you side with the evil people it is like.... Why can't I???

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: