Author Topic: Valen Expansion now in development  (Read 57452 times)

Felstorm

Valen Expansion now in development
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2004, 05:15:46 PM »
Gax looks like the lone ranger kind of guy (or thing  ;) ) who hates everything and everyone and wants to destroy them all (loveable guy).

The rest of the stuff u said sounded good to me. For the planar sphere maybe she could hint to you to get some daemons on your side to bring them back with you (after killing one for their heart) kinda like the daemon in the drow city. For payment you could give something like valgars relative after he brings you to your planet (or something like that).

That stuff about her being attratced to your heritage is also good stuff

LordKableNikon

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2004, 08:55:15 PM »
Here are other ideas,

If there would be a lot of coding work to do, or perhaps it won't they are just ideas
Have like Reinfeild that harper guy you find on the ground have valen able to drink his blood and like the elder brain and the kua toan prince's blood and maybe other types of blood to give valen bonuses.

Ok Well with Valen I was thinking of like, what characters wouldn't fall to the seduction of being a vampire.  This will happen AFTER the Buffy/Faith/Helsing
Vampire hunters "When the party proves there "loyalty and trust" into Valen.
Edwin: I get to live for hundreds of years I can get my pointy hat and I will now kick Elminsters' Arse.
Korgan: I am stronger get to swing my axe faster and wounds me less to me.
Sarevok: I can't have godhood why can't I be immortal and stronger still...
The Mainchar: "I AM GONNA BE A VAMPIRE GOD.... I AM GONNA BE A NAUGHTY.... A NAUGHTY VAMPIRE GOD..." Blade 1
"Other ways valen would be able to seduce the pcs and get the "vote" of the party."

Also I thought the twisted rune, why the hell are they so hostile, its not like just ANYONE can pierce there "Wards and Barriers."  So if your so awesome, you'd hire and use those exceptional people...
What about the people in the temple district in a guarded whatever,
is it like you have to be an ass and you have to challenge them,
it is like I can't ask you for work.
Or how bout Gaal and the Eyeless one Beholder, why can't you join with them, it is like COME ON... Can't you become a slaver or be an evil bodyguard or whatever?
It is like the game is MADE FOR GOOD ONLY... it is sad in my mind that they don't allow you evil choices more often.  
Like Sir Sarles thing,
Sarles: Why should I work for you?
Pc:....
Sarles: What I do need is 200 pounds of Pure Illithium.
Pc: I could kill you right now you pompous cur!
Sarles: ......
Pc: You either work now, or you pay in blood....
Sarles: *Scared*
Pc: Now work you ................... yah you get the hint.
That type of Dialogue I really like....

Kish

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2004, 10:16:59 PM »
The Mainchar: "I AM GONNA BE A VAMPIRE GOD.... I AM GONNA BE A NAUGHTY.... A NAUGHTY VAMPIRE GOD..." Blade 1
The main character crumbles into dust upon dying, and therefore can't become a vampire.
Or how bout Gaal and the Eyeless one Beholder, why can't you join with them, it is like COME ON...
They assume you wouldn't be willing to put our your eyes.  And really, even for an evil PC, I think becoming that depending on a creature as ultimately weak (compared to Irenicus) as the Unseeing Eye would be a big mistake.
Can't you become a slaver
Yes, you can.  You just have to be a thief and take over Mae'Var's guild for Renal Bloodscalp.

Felstorm

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2004, 05:34:09 AM »
Yes, you can. You just have to be a thief and take over Mae'Var's guild for Renal Bloodscalp.

how does making you a thief guildmaster make you a slaver?

Kish

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2004, 05:43:37 AM »
It doesn't necessarily, it only does if you choose the dialogue option that tells one of your lieutenants, "Yes, I want my guild to sell slaves."

LordKableNikon

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2004, 04:02:11 PM »
Ummm Kish I see from forgotten children, ever play that mod?
Since Bohdi tried to be a vampire to get passed the seldarine's curse,
why can't a pc get vampirism as a "blessing?"
I am just giving ideas, there is a way for you to bring back a half-vampire back to life after you have killed them...
So why can't there be a way to find an "evil altar" and get transformed into a vampire using the heart of bohdi? (Suggestion)
also it is a mod dude... I was just giving ideas...
That slavery thing in the thieves guild is a piss poor excuse for being a slaver
I want one of my "Men" to sell slaves,  I am talking going to captain haegan and like being part of his "crew"  And you can give the piece to gaal but he will always betray you, I am like you can't do alot of things really "evil"  (Saying most but not all, like you can poison the druid grove" and if you do poison the druid grove the one guy who put you to it, doesn't take over and so forth and you get left out high and dry... all bad... bad bad Black Isle.

If you read from my other posts I am just giving ideas to Thorium Dragon and his valen mod which he can use as "quests" quests that evil people can do and like...

anyways Kish I don't see you offering up any idead for the valen expansion,
all this is for: is to offer up suggestions for his mod what he can add in for valen and what quests he could put in, "it is a mod..."
Not to criticize other peoples idea.  :angry:
I spend a lot of time thinking of ideas for the mod, but right now I can just throw in basically random suggestions Since Thorium Dragon is being really vague on what he wants ideas on, he just asked for ideas on his "creative spark" and well that is what I am trying to do.

For Thorium Dragon:
just my idea/2cents
Now there are other things like Have quests for valen based off the stronghold you get.
Keep: Valen re-opens the torture chamber after mistress nalia proclaimed you as true heir or what not, for saving the keep... "After that nalia has an "unfortuneate" accident....
Cabin: Valen raids and gets a small posse of vampires after she preys and stalks on the village, the pc can help her out on her choices.
"Excellent time to bring in vampire hunters"
Sphere: if you have more than one demon heart you can start making "allies"
which will help you in the end of the game in your pocket plane against Irenicus.
On the condition you make them stronger somehow...
Just having quests for Valen based off your stronghold might put some flavor into it.
I could probably think of the others but yah,

Or when Imoen gets her soul back and Valen gets free-will she will ask you what would you do if she decided to drink all of imoen's blood since she is a bhaalspawn... you could give a sure, I don't know or flat No.
each one will determine what she thinks of you, and if you let her have her way.
Valen might get some small enhancement and Imoen goes "poof"
Like if you say yes it might give you a better chance for a better romance in ToB.
I wouldn't see Valen getting along with any of the good pcs except Valygar, maybe in my mind Valygar doesn't talk much and probably wouldn't give a damn about Valen right away.  

oh yah Thorium Dragon please respond telling the forum what you would want ideas on, it might help, atleast I'd try and give my honest opinion.

"I am part of the kill the viconia bitch club"  :ph34r:  

Kish

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2004, 04:09:58 PM »
anyways Kish I don't see you offering up any idead for the valen expansion,
all this is for: is to offer up suggestions for his mod what he can add in for valen and what quests he could put in, "it is a mod..."
Not to criticize other peoples idea.  :angry:
Sorry, no, I do not buy "it's wrong to point out anything wrong with any idea another person posts."

I don't know what you mean about "forgotten children," and no, I'm unfamiliar with a mod by that name.

Seifer

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2004, 04:25:03 PM »
Criticism is an active part of any walk of life.  People should learn to deal with it if its valid and disregard it if isn't.  For the moment, I'll decline to comment.

Kish,  forgotten children is a mod over at TBG, an IAP mod by Mortis if recall.

Felstorm

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2004, 06:40:55 PM »
Criticism is an active part of any walk of life

as long as it isn't too harsh aswell

LordKableNikon

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2004, 11:25:22 PM »
Look Kish, Thorium Dragon put this forum up for people to give him ideas,
Not to bring some sort of arguement or point out something wrong, it is all up to him what he uses dude. You can believe what you want or anything I don't care if you believe the moon is made of cheese. Plus we can all believe(I hope) that CBS is a private bussiness and they can choose to play whatever they want... but putting that aside.

So right now I am just going to "bow out" and wait till Thorium Dragon gives a reply or maybe something to prove he is there or is listening,
So good morning... and if I don't see you later, good afternoon, good evening, and good night (Truman show)

icelus

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2004, 11:46:17 PM »
Doesn't honest criticism and differing viewpoints usually lead to constructive ideas?  

Sim

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2004, 03:59:26 AM »
Look Kish, Thorium Dragon put this forum up for people to give him ideas,
Part of any ideas thread is the process of debate. But in any case, that argument also fails, since it's not his forum. So let's see what someone who runs the place says.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 04:00:37 AM by Sim »

Immortality

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2004, 04:08:29 AM »
To LordKableNikon:

Look, d00d, if you post your ideas deal with the criticism, different opinions, and replyes disagreeing with it. Get over it and deal with the fact that some people doesnt think like you.

Otherwise, you can very sell send a private email to the author, mmkayy? (Southpark).

Melkor

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2004, 07:09:47 AM »
Heres my input. I disagree with the whole idea. Weimer did a nice job with Valen and fail to see any reason to redo her.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 07:38:05 AM by Melkor »

Sav

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2004, 11:00:35 AM »
I reckon the idea is great. Love makes the world go round, an' all that.

I like that you will be changing certain things, because I see lots of people complain that she is overpowered.

Plus a Vampire romance would be something new to try out, and hey, it worked well in Buffy, twice infact.

Seifer

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2004, 11:21:14 AM »
Anyone who mentions buffy or takes that programme remotely seriously needs to be sectioned.

Schatten

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2004, 12:53:58 PM »
Anyone who mentions buffy or takes that programme remotely seriously needs to be sectioned.
i agree here. :D
i disagree with Melkor. valen needs more dialog. i always felt like having a silent killer-machine by my side. like a mp character created by me.

Melkor

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2004, 06:52:39 AM »
Sectioned?  B)  

Caedwyr

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2004, 11:14:50 AM »
I was wondering about that as well.  Is it something like being drawn and quartered (sectioned)?   ^_^  

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2004, 11:32:24 AM »
It means be put in a mental institution.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Kish

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2004, 01:23:52 PM »
That's a little harsh.  If the man who put Buffy, Faith, and Kendra in his mod were to be put in a mental ward, that would mean nothing would get added to any of his mods--ever again--making writing this add-on pointless.

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2004, 03:08:47 PM »
Heres my input. I disagree with the whole idea. Weimer did a nice job with Valen and fail to see any reason to redo her.
The same here.
disagree with Melkor. valen needs more dialog. i always felt like having a silent killer-machine by my side
Because she is a silent killer-machine by your side :lol: ...

Schatten

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2004, 04:20:47 PM »
:P ;) back to your work. ;)

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2004, 01:18:38 AM »
back to your work
Brave little bunny you are there... :ph34r:
Come and betatest, if you want some challenge, my prescious Schatten... :lol:  

Schatten

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2004, 08:26:33 AM »
sure thing. wednesday begins my holiday and i havent found work yet so i have enough time to spare. :D ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: