Author Topic: 3.5 rules in IWG2  (Read 2600 times)

Israfel666

3.5 rules in IWG2
« on: November 24, 2003, 10:34:40 AM »
(I fear this question might have been asked several months ago when D&D 3.5 came out, but back then I wasn't even aware of the existance of IWG2. Oh well.)

The 3.5 rules update for Dungeons and Dragons, while mostly composed of minor changes, also fixed some substantial balance issues. For example, the Ranger was greatly improved (good Ref saves, no more Ambidexterity+TWF but three stages of "combat styles" each giving one free feat in archery or two-weapon combat, some sneaky class abilities, evasion at high levels), and the Druid can now spontaneously convert prepared spells into Summon Nature's Ally. The Sorcerer and the Bard can also update their spell selection at 4th level and beyond, and the Bard ignores arcane spellcasting failure in light armor. Some feats were also revised, like Ambidexterity and TWF being lumped into a single feat and Power Attack giving +2 damage per -1 attack when using two-handed weapons. (If you want to check everything, just download the SRD, it contains the whole free core D&D rules).

My question is: is there any chance that some rules update from 3.5 gets insereted into IWG2? Since I'm an heathen, I do not know if that would be hard to do or not. If, however, you get the chance to apply even some of the updates (for example, I think that Power Attack 3.5 could be easily implemented), it'd be a nice addition to an already overwhelming MOD.

To all the modders: keep on with your great job, and TYVM for all the fun you shared with us!

Riklaunim

3.5 rules in IWG2
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 01:16:35 PM »
It's a job for a "Ease-of-Use like" mod :) If it's in the IWD II rules, then it will be in the IWG2

raptor

3.5 rules in IWG2
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 11:21:30 AM »
I would also like to mention that alot of spell have changed, you have no idea at my anoyance at finding almost all teh curespells delayed by one level on the druid. (cure light at level1, nothing at level2, cure moderate at leve 3 and so on...)

Random Cavalier

3.5 rules in IWG2
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 11:29:19 AM »
Just have to correct you on one thing.  Druids always cast cure spells at higher levels than clerics in 3.0 and 3.5  Besides, they have some argument like 'flavor' for it . . .  But I am guessing IWG will remain with the 3.0 rules in IWD II, even though I am not involved.  After all, only TOEE features 3.5 rules in any significant degree.

raptor

3.5 rules in IWG2
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 02:47:29 AM »
hmm... i never noticed that when playing 3rd ed.... heh.... and i have been the DM >_< oh well.... details ;)

But yeah it would be great to ahve teh 3.5 rules as a osibility for IWD2/IWG2, personally i love the boost that for example ranger got, he was pretty weak before :-/ in comparision to the others.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 02:47:47 AM by raptor »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: