Author Topic: Installation Instructions  (Read 37676 times)

underdog

Re: Installation Instructions
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2005, 10:07:09 AM »
Humm, it worked last saturday (1/22)when I first installed it, the only thing different is sirens call V2.
Oh well, may not get to it tonight, startrek, stargate, and battlestar galactica are on, and have to work 10-6 on saturday, so late saturday probably, maybe the fixes will be out.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2005, 10:40:04 AM »
I don't know what the problem is, actually, so I can't fix it.  underdog, can you send me the following files from your BG2 override:

FW3600.are
_AR3600.bcs
FW3600.wed

Thanks.  There should be a button to the left with an e-mail link.
Earn Money Sleeping.

underdog

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2005, 01:15:37 PM »
Send them off sometime after 6P Central US,
Are any mods made to the BG1 files, and should I dump that  and reinstall it again, or
can I leave it and keep using it?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2005, 01:18:14 PM »
Sirine's Call makes no changes to BG1 files, just the BG2 files I mention.
Earn Money Sleeping.

underdog

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2005, 02:01:31 PM »
how about the tutu installation, what I want to know is do i have ot reinstall the BG1 original, or is it unmolested, and I can just leave it as is.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2005, 02:07:10 PM »
I don't think I understand what you mean.  Neither Sirine's Call nor Tutu affect BG1, except for drawing on its resource, in the case of the latter.

To fix your Tutu game, just try uninstalling Sirine's Call.
Earn Money Sleeping.

SarahF

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 09:24:48 AM »
Thicky question:

When you say change the source path and target path: who/what/where/how etc.? Can someone please give me a very simple, step by step on this as if talking to a child? Cheers :D

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 10:20:44 AM »
Try this thread, Sarah, it is very detailed and ask away once you run into something that you cannot figure out.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=18221.0
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

DC

Re: Installation Instructions - other bugfixes?
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 05:04:28 AM »
After I install BG1Tutu and Tutufix v9, may I install following bugfixes?

1. (Baldurdash) BG1FixPack11.exe
2. (Baldurdash) BG1TOSCGameTextUpdate11.exe
3. Dudley fixpacks

I'm not sure if GameTextUpdate is included in Tutufix, and I would really like to have it working properly.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2005, 05:58:17 AM »
Installing Baldurdash should actually be done before the conversion, but Dudleyfix shouldn't be installed at any time.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2005, 03:39:30 AM »
I decided to have a break from BG2 and replay BG with Tutu ... so ... had to reinstall Tutu.  I didn't bother removing the BG2 mods this time (yeah, I know) and hit a problem with the unpacking of the tutufix.  It told me no .tp2 file.  I knew damn well there was a .tp2 file unpacked because I could see it (named tutufix.tp2) but the installer couldn't.  So I crossed my fingers and renamed it to (setup~whatever.tp2) and it worked!  I was surprised.  Later on, the same thing happened with both Finch and Indira, so I just did the same thing.  Been playing it with Finch now for a couple of hours and she seems to be working fine.  So does everything else (unfortunately including the assassins).

I have my fingers still crossed that Tutu will continue to work ok but I hate to think what's going to happen when I want to play BG2 again. :P
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2005, 06:05:13 AM »
I know that both Indira and Tutufix ship with a .tp2 named "Setup-blah.tp2".  Very strange.

But you do have things working, right?  Which version of the fixpack are you using?  (I ask because I'm hoping that v12 is finally the one that doesn't hideously break things when de-greenifying water.)
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Finros

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2005, 10:29:37 AM »
Installing Baldurdash should actually be done before the conversion, but Dudleyfix shouldn't be installed at any time.

That should be highlighted Ghrey.  Dudley is mentioned in the "how to make a clean install" thread, but it will not work with Tutu at this time.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2005, 11:08:17 AM »

That should be highlighted Ghrey. Dudley is mentioned in the "how to make a clean install" thread, but it will not work with Tutu at this time.

Good call.  I've edited those instructions.  Thanks.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2005, 02:52:26 PM »
I know that both Indira and Tutufix ship with a .tp2 named "Setup-blah.tp2". Very strange.

But you do have things working, right? Which version of the fixpack are you using? (I ask because I'm hoping that v12 is finally the one that doesn't hideously break things when de-greenifying water.)

Very strange but probably due to the BG2 mods (or my computer's sense of humour).

Fixpack v.12 - working perfectly, by the way, thanks.  No crashes at all so far.  One strange problem is that the game is pausing badly in some areas (well, only 2 so far), so I've left them to a minimum.  Everything else is working fine.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2005, 03:43:07 PM »
Explain "pausing badly", please.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2005, 07:18:40 PM »
Ummm ... <tries to think of a way to explain what's happening> ... the party walks very, very slowly and then the game locks and when it releases again, they're at the point I told them to be at.  It's very jerky and rough and I gave up on those areas apart from doing the necessary (one of them was the gnoll stronghold).  It's like the party is "teleported" a very short distance from their starting point to where I want them, instead of walking there.  Individual characters walk normally but the party doesn't.

I hope that makes some sense.  It's a hard thing to put into words and I've been awake longer than I should have been. :P

In all other respects, the affected areas work normally.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2005, 07:30:14 PM »
I think Domi had this problem, and her fix was to shut off a bunch of animation extras.  Try shutting things off one by one in the config program to see which one causes your problem?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2005, 07:32:02 PM »
Okay, thanks.

How come it only screws up in certain areas?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2005, 07:35:42 PM »
Haven't a clue. :(
Earn Money Sleeping.

Khayne

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2005, 03:01:07 PM »
does this work with Dark side of the sword coast?

Khayne

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2005, 03:05:21 PM »
Never mind

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2005, 02:16:56 AM »
Would it be possible for some sort of automated installer to be designed that would check to see if all the proper files (and biffs) are in the right place prior to the install?  Maybe even have the installer ask for the CDs to install the required files if they aren't there.  Unfortunately the installation method for Tutu reminds me somewhat of the installation method for BP (though not to the same degree).
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2005, 10:11:13 PM »
I think someone posted a method, but I forget where.  At any rate, Tutu v6 isn't coming for a while now, so there's not much point.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Yovaneth

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2005, 04:12:32 PM »

Damn. Does that explain the tutufix core bugfix  "_Narrat.cre not found" error message? I got it with both v9 and v13. <sighs>. At least I'm only as far as the Friendly Arm Inn <thinks about having to do a complete TotSC reinstall - again>.

-Y-

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: