Author Topic: dreadful vampire slayers  (Read 5710 times)

haibebei

dreadful vampire slayers
« on: March 01, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »
Is there any way to avoid encountering the vampire slayers?They are too strong to defeat.It means if I want to live I need recant my dear valen,but I dont want to do that.Although Valen can run away and the fools would only chase her,I can hardly hit them.Even worse they have much resistence which made my spells ineffective.Is it ridiculous that me,child of bhaal, a LV17 mage,was slain by a teenage slayer BUFFY and her comrades again and again?
Who can tell me how a lv17 mage is able to defeat them without proper spell prepared?They came abruptly when valen hit 2.5M EXP in spellhold after I defeated Irinicus with those madmen,which meant I had no chance to change my memorized spells.And my previous save is long time ago.

Mangle_Me_Elmo

Re: dreadful vampire slayers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:18:54 AM »
I used a rather cheesy tactic to kill them all without any party members getting hurt.  In my games, I do all available quests before leaving for Brynnlaw.  In the Underdark, I spared Solaufein and killed all golems in the egg room.  After the demon appears in the ritual and kills the two drow women, Valen will interject and offer the eggs to the demon for a lot of experience points.  This triggered the vampire slayers for me.  After the dialogue I had Valen rush into the egg room (with all golems dead) and close the door behind her.  The vampire slayers all followed Valen, trying to get to her through a door they couldn't open.  This left me to hack away at them with Korgan and my PC.  They didn't even try to defend themselves.  A cheesy exploit, but it's good if you're just fed-up with the slayers.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: