Author Topic: Copper Coronet Slave Quests  (Read 2855 times)

CyberSpyder

Copper Coronet Slave Quests
« on: September 05, 2003, 10:34:01 PM »
In the Copper Coronet, Hendak does not speak as you approach the door to ask you to free him. The Beastmaster is attacked by his own creatures, even Tabitha, his lion. Once slaves are freed and Hendak heads towards the bar, everyone in the bar near a guard joins in on the fight, but if you kill the guard in front of any of the commoners, everyone turns hostile on you. Once Hendak is in control of the Copper Coronet, he gives you an additional quest to free more slaves, promising you what was left behind by his former owner. Once this quest is comleted and you return for payment, Hendak is no where to be seen. It is not like Hendak to skip out withou paying for services rendered, so this must be a bug. :rolleyes:  

Riklaunim

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 03:16:34 AM »
Neutrals becoming hostile from hostile enemies is a known problem :) Try this quest once more but don't allow any neutral "commoner" to turn hoslite. CTRL+Y all enemies (guard) :)

CyberSpyder

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 06:46:08 PM »
Well ahead of ya there. I ended up using the cheat console to bypass the hostiles, but when I returned from the second slave quest given by Hendak, he was not there to grant the xp or reward. Furthermore, I do not like to cheat on a normal basis, so I wanted to make sure this was fixed before it's full release. I understand that right now I have to cheat some, but when the debugging is over, I want to play a challenging game using only my own skill. :)  

Zizi

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 06:36:36 AM »
You don't have to cheat, another possibility would be to lure them to where there arent any commoners in your FOV.

Zizi

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 01:08:09 PM »
Hendak seems to go back to his cell after you free him and leave the CC to deal with the slavers, the door will not open (no locked msg or anything).
You can still ctrl-j to him and complete the quest though.

CyberSpyder

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 07:45:02 PM »
Perhaps a scripting error? He should not return to the cell. I did notice while looking for him that I could not open the cell, but I did not ctrl J to him. There really shouldn't be a need. I am not to well versed in fixing these type of problems, but I will look into it to see if I can. In the meantime, anyone viewing this that is familiar with making these kind of changes...Your help would be much appreciated.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: