Author Topic: Problem Starting  (Read 1833 times)

Vhati

Problem Starting
« on: September 03, 2003, 06:27:52 PM »
This has probably already been addressed, but.

with version 33 and version 34 when i talk to the guy on the boat in targos, the game crashes, I have reinstalled twice completely thinking it was something i installed wrong.

I haven't been testing since about version 28 because i had to go away for the summer, is there a big change in the way to install? or?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Problem Starting
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 06:48:52 AM »
There's been no change to installation method, so I'm afraid I'm unsure what's up.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Trouveur

Problem Starting
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »
I have the same problem, earlier versions of IWG2 were installed perfectly but now with latest version it craches. It is a problem with the installation: when a file named amelysan*.* is going to be converted, the iwg2.exe crashes with a windows error. And I tried installing without TOB (so without the amelysan file): the install worked and the game didn't crash. So in latest versions something about the installation was probably changed, and seems to prevent some TOB conversions on some computers.
But without TOB when I play I have some errors: Minsc craches the game when I recrut him, and Jaheira doesn't realise that I just opened her cell door.
It is very frustrating because earlier versions work better for me than the more recents one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 07:38:20 PM by Trouveur »

dragox

Problem Starting
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 09:24:02 PM »
make sure you have the baldurdash fix for bg2 as well as the current patches for iwd2 and bg and no other mods installed

Trouveur

Problem Starting
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 05:40:33 AM »
Whaou that really helped! If I said that with earlier version IWG2 works fine, maybe it is because I already followed the instructions?
It is a problem with the latest versions, I made no change of my BG2 and IWD2 install (and of course I have the patchs, the baldurdash fixes, and no mod).

dragox

Problem Starting
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 06:12:38 PM »
well i wasnt sure if you knew how to read anywho, do you have throne of bhaal installed thats also required now

Trouveur

Problem Starting
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 07:28:14 AM »
Are you sure you read my first post? I said that with TOB the install crashes, and without it works, but after that I have bugs when I play IWG2.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: