Author Topic: question about reinstalling IWG2  (Read 1693 times)

John

question about reinstalling IWG2
« on: July 04, 2003, 11:36:53 AM »
I installed IWG2, but the game crashed going from the Targos ship to Chateau Irenicus referencing an error for an anim file.

I plan to re-install IWG2.  Can I uninstall and then reinstall Icewind Dale 2 only,  or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall both IWD2 and BG2 (ToB, patch and Baldurdash ToB)?

Thanks.

Riklaunim

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 11:49:26 AM »
BG2 is unchanged... Before instaling IWG2 you should backup IWDII "override" and dialog.tlk
If you don't have that backup you have to reinstal whole IWDII

Rughalt

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 12:07:17 PM »
Rik, i have this before i noticed IWG 2 MUST be in main IWD II folder. John, check if you have it in right place and you have insert right paths to games in config.

WiccanGibberling

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 07:16:32 PM »
I haven't got the reply from Weimer confirming whether or not I am actually going to beta test, but am I right about these things: You need full install of IWD2 and BG2 + Extra downloaded files from beta testing. I need to be sure what I need, so I can go purchase IWD2.

Riklaunim

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 07:53:16 AM »
You don't need a full IWD II install :) minimum install will do.

bTRON McBrian

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 05:10:21 AM »
I am having the same problem as John.  I followed the install directions exactly (SoA-ToB-Patch-Baldurdash).  My IWD2 is patched, and the IWG config is pointing to the right directories.  When I click the dialog option to go to Irenicus' place, the game crashes.  Ive tried using IWG .30 and .31, with no luck.  Am I just missing something obvious?

WiccanGibberling

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 11:20:46 PM »
The same problem occurs with me. After I install IWG2 to main IWD2 directory, edit config file to include both dir (BG2 as well) run IWG2 and then run IWD2, it crashes at dialog before I can get to Irenicus place.

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 11:51:02 AM »
Can you be a little more specific about this error?

Anyway, if it keeps happening, why don't you zip up the contents of the iwg2/errors folder and send it to me. I'll take a look.  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: