Author Topic: Goblins with +2 Slings  (Read 3486 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Goblins with +2 Slings
« on: May 23, 2003, 01:42:31 PM »
I am still getting sporadic reports about low-level monsters carrying +2 slings and whatnot. Could someone who is running into this problem give a *very specific example* (e.g., area name, creature, relative location) of some random monster that has powerful weapons and "should not"?  

SuperPia

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 06:19:18 PM »

This is happening to my game.

I instaled the game last night, a clean instalation of BG2 and IWD2.
Everyting is as the testing instruction (Full BG2:SoA, Full ToB, ToB lates Patch, latest Baldurdash ToB Fix Pack, IWD2 with the latest patch) without no other mod instaled.

I am in the first area (AR0008)
- Ogre Mage (summoned by Ataqah when you say "I will press the buttom")
   Light Crossbow +2 and about 110 Bolts of Biting (he was using this againt me  :o )
- Cambion
   Was firing +2 Arrows from a +2 Shortbow, he didn't dare to use his +1 Bastard Sword
- Archer Goblings
   Dropped +2 Slings (no bullets) with all the normal loot (Comp. Longbow and Arrows).
- Goblings with Axe
   Dropped +2 Slings with +2 Bullets each, as well as the normal loot, but they seem not to use this equipment.

All the goblins I encontered at Irenicus Dungeon were equiped like this, there was no exeption.

I did't go any further than this.

Now I will install v.25 and see if it continue.

One more thing. Is it right to have no stacking limit for BG2 item?

SuperPia

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 01:23:21 PM »

I instaled v.25 and the problem continue the same.

-All goblins in Irenicus Dungeom drop +2 Slings and +2 Bullets.
-The assassines in the second level of the dungeon have +2 bows and +2 Arrown--
-The Dwergar are dropping +2 Slings and Bullets
-The escaped clone dropped + 2 bow and arrows
-Some pf the kobolds in the sewers, at the Temple District, are using +2 Crossbows with Bolts of Lightning
-The Cowled Wizards Irenicus killed at the cutscene dropped +2 Slings and bullets or +2 Bows and Arrows or +2 Crossbows and Bolts.

I noticed the Town Crier, at the Slims, in front of the Copper Coronet, had a sword in hand. I killed him and see the sword was the +2 Scimitar - Rashad's Talon, he has a +2 Sling and Bullets to.

Chilvence

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 05:21:09 PM »
Is there a game-breaking reason to have the random weapons there?

Im not totally against the idea, but they make it even more tedious than it already was to clean up after a big fight in BG2. It was nice and refreshing to see monsters that dropped no mundane weapons in IWD2. But in IWG2 you seem to have to sift through tons of worthless drops (or at least what should be :D) to get to the juicy treasure items...

Id much prefer having the option to have it on/off rather than forced into it is what I'm getting at.

Sorry for sounding a bit of a brat anyway
 ;)  

mykul

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 06:34:29 PM »
I just did a clean install with V25.  And I though of something.  Chilvance, are you using the ease of use mod for IWD2?  It randomizes treasure.  I have encountered similiar items from the goblins (+2 bolts, bolts of lightning, lt crossbows +2, etc....) in Irenicus's chateu and was wondering if you are also using the ease of use mod ( i am, as I like the rule changes).  :ph34r:  

mykul

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2003, 06:43:22 PM »
Here's another clue or issue, depending on wether they are related.....It's been a while since I played BG2 but I don't remember Iron rations, and yet, a Goblin just had some in House Irenicus......  I'm placing a bet it's the randomized treasures from the ease of use.

SuperPia

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2003, 10:33:21 PM »
I want to clarify that I only instaled the stuf suggest by Weimer, no other mod instaled.

It seems almost every people has  this kind of +2 stuff.

Now I'm playing in the Waukeen's Promenade and killing everyone to see the stuff they are arring.
Everyone seems to have +2 stuff.

-The mage wandering inside Adventurer's Mart had a +2 Halberd, a +2 Crossbow and +2 Bolts
-The guy in front of Adventurer's Mart door has a +2 Longsword, +2 Crossbow and +2 Arrows
-Most of the peasants are equiped with +2 weapons of all kinds (halberds, maces, crossbows, bows, hammers, slings, ataff,...)
-The storekeeper near Adventurer's Mart has a +2 Staff, a +2 Sling and +2 Bullets
-A guy siting by a table at AR0165 (279,587) has a +2 spear, a +2 Sling and +2 Bullets
-At AR0288 the guys have this kind of stuff to. The mage had a +2 Staff, a +2 Shortbow and +2 Arrows. The thief had a +2 Sling with +2 Bullets. The guy with the Berserking Sword had +2 Sling with Bullets. The dwarf had a +2 Heavy Crossbow winth +2 Bolts.
-Keldorn's daughter had the "+2 Scimitar - Rashad's Talon", a Heavy Crossbow +2 and +2 Bolts

I don't know if it is coincidece, but another Town Crier, at the Waukeen's Promenade, was equiping the "+2 Scimitar - Rashad's Talon".

I think this is accurring everywhere.

Is anyone having the seme problem???  :unsure:

Chilvence

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2003, 12:19:16 PM »
Im only using the infinite stacking part of the ease mod (5 years of managing arrows and gems got too tedious...)

butterfly

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2003, 12:26:04 PM »
Im only using the infinite stacking part of the ease mod (5 years of managing arrows and gems got too tedious...)
I you're just doing that for IWGII, you could have spared yourself the trouble. It seems to be standard(atleast it was with me). I found that to be a litle annoying.

qwb

Chilvence

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 02:18:09 PM »
I mean I had it installed for IWD2 before i ran IWG2. I know it makes no actual difference to IWG2.

butterfly

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 02:28:05 PM »
I reinstalled IWDII applied the patch,applied IWGII(v.25). Started a new game and it seems the +2 slings and bullets are still there.No other mod nothing.

PS: Aren't the lightning mephits at the lightning generator supposed to appear one at the time, cause i forgot to pull the switch. The result, i got swarmed by about ten lightning mephits. I ran and hided in the golem room(2 chars dead) and imported 2 level 12's to finish them off.

qwb,

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 05:26:08 PM »
OK, tracked this down. Turns out I was using max instead of min in a level-based calculation. Fixed, expect new version with non-godly-goblins soon.  

mykul

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 05:58:31 PM »
Just out of curiosity, was that file in the ease of use mod?

SuperPia

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2003, 11:27:25 AM »

I started a new game last noght, with v 26, and all the guys that had +2 stuff now have normal stuff instead.

One thing I've noticed is the guys who had +2 stuff, for exemple a +2 sling with +2 bullets, now hav the normal form of the same kind of item, normal sling with normal bullets.
All the fights I tested was like this.

Is this intended to happen, some kind of giving ranged weapons for those who don't have, or is it a bug?

The Ogre mage continue using a crossbow (normal) to atack the party in Irenicus Dungeon, even if he is engaged in melee. This happend to Cambion to and make them a lot easy to kill.

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2003, 07:25:30 PM »
Yes, giving everyone cheap equipment is intentional.

The __MELEE.BAF script includes this block:

Code: [Select]
IF
  Or(4)
    AttackedBy([ANYONE],DEFAULT)
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
    See(SecondNearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
    See(ThirdNearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
  Range(LastMarkedObject,2,LESS_THAN)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        EquipMostDamagingMelee()
        AttackOneRound(LastMarkedObject)
END

IF
  Or(4)
    AttackedBy([ANYONE],DEFAULT)
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
    See(SecondNearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
    See(ThirdNearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    EquipRanged()
    AttackOneRound(LastMarkedObject)
END

So if they are attacking with ranged weapons when you're standing right there I'm not sure what's going on. Hmm.  

SuperPia

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2003, 07:47:18 AM »

I've tryed it once more and it is even worse than I thought.

When the combat started the Ogre Mage used his crossbow, I put 3 party members near him, he seemed to stop fighting. I've killed some goblins who approached and he was not attacking, he started atacking again when I attacked him, but he continued using his crossboh on the nearest party member.

I took a look on the file "_OGREMAG.CRE", I think this is the correct CRE, and even having a bastard sword as his only melee weapon, he doesn't have the "Exotic Bastard Sword" feat. I think because of it he try to use a weapon he is proficient with.

Cambion seems tho have the same problem, the 2 files "_DEMON01.CRE" and "_DEMON02.CRE", I don't know wich is the correct, and noticed the same with the Ogre Mage.

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2003, 06:48:08 AM »

I tryed to change the files, using Near Infinity, start a new game, and fight them.

Everything is the same, they don't use their bastard swords, even worse, the ogre mage only stands still when you are near him.
Both of them use only the ranged weapons given by IWG2.

I don't know if these are the correct files, if anyone know, please informe me and I will try it once again.

Did anyone notice it to? :unsure:

SuperPia

Goblins with +2 Slings
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2003, 10:26:09 AM »

Ups...  :rolleyes:
The las post was mine.

I forgot logging in the forum.  B)  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: