Author Topic: Bug for Improved Abazigal  (Read 12448 times)

Assassin

Bug for Improved Abazigal
« on: May 19, 2003, 08:27:22 AM »
Time Stop and Harm, when used in conjunction with each other, cause him to linger at 'Near Death' forever.

Brannin Vael

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 04:34:39 AM »
I think it was mentioned by Quitch in an earlier thread that this is some kind of scripting bug. It has happened to me as well...I sympathise  :( .

Other than multiple reloading and trying it over and over till he finally dies (which I did) you could just cntrl + Y (what I'll do next time...) him and give yourself the experience later with Shadowkeeper or the CLUAConsole. Good luck.  ;)  

Assassin

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 07:24:27 AM »
CTRL-Y doesn't work either :(

Brannin Vael

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 02:51:51 PM »
Yikes, that's definetly not good. The only thing I can think to suggest then is to try this from the readme file, or reload multiple times... :(

*note: I'm assuming that the area code is wherever your presently at, so if your in Abazigal's lair I suppose it would be that area...

Q: Sometimes the Five refuse to die in the final battle. They stay at
Near-Death, even if you use Ctrl-Y.

A: Dyara's reply:

Hmmm, you´re the first one who encountered this with the fix installed.

The next time try to play with debug mode on. If it happens again you can
  check the "death variable":

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("DeathScriptSend","AR6200")

If the value is '1' you can set it back to '0' with

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeathScriptSend","AR6200",0)

After this she should die immediatly.

If "DeathScriptSend" was '0' then it´s another problem that's independent
  from my fix.

The variables for the other Five are

DeathScriptAbaz
  DeathScriptGrom
  DeathScriptIlla
  DeathScriptSare
  DeathScriptSend
  DeathScriptYaga

Assassin

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 03:12:15 PM »
No, I'm talking about his lair.  He's still unkillable.  However, I put pay to him... 4 Warriors, all Improved Hasted, doing a good 20-30 damage per hit.  Bastard better lie in pease  :angry:  

Chris51982

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 05:49:52 PM »
I actually have 2 bugs in on this one.. one of them is that he wont die even after im throwing down unrelenting fury with 3 characters doing multiple whirlwind attacks with the games most powerful weapons not to mention my buffed blade pc dualwielding some rediculous item upgrade scimitars .. and the other is that whenever i decide to kill the green wyvern(quenash i believe he's called) the game and my computer decide to freeze.  now *that* is a pain. anyone?

jendaddy

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2003, 02:12:24 AM »
I've tried everything listed here, and the bugger still won't die! Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I check the area code for Abazagil's lair by pressing X, and getting the code AR6005. Then if I try:        
            CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeathScriptSend","AR6005",0)
It sets this to 0, but he still won't die. I'm getting frustrated. Any suggestions?

Kish

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 08:14:44 PM »
Even if the death code in Abazigal's lair is the same as that at the Throne (which I'm dubious about), DeathScriptSend is Sendai's death code (at the Throne).

Brannin Vael

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 12:57:20 AM »
Did everyone try using the "DeathScriptAbaz"? Like Kish mentions, the quote is for Sendai's death script only. The variables for the other five are mentioned at the end:

DeathScriptAbaz
DeathScriptGrom
DeathScriptIlla
DeathScriptSare
DeathScriptSend
DeathScriptYaga

So, if Jendaddy's area code for Abazigal's lair is right, then it would probably look something like this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeathScriptAbaz","AR6005",0)

Hopefully this will work, but...like Kish mentions, the death codes may not even be the same. If it doesn't work, then hopefully someone will know what the death code is for Abazigal in his lair, and post the info or other fix.

Or even better this bug will get fixed in a newer version?  ;)  

jendaddy

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2003, 11:49:18 PM »
Well, I've tried all that I've seen, to no avail. Anyone know someone wise whom I can Email or something? I'd hate to have to give up on Ascension.

Caedwyr

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2003, 03:29:06 PM »
I believe the bug you are having problems with is the old: doing too much damage too quickly so the mob can't die.  While you can fiddle around with death variables, I've found that a good work around is to keep several copies of Power Word Kill memorized.  That way, if the mob's hp goes under 60 it is instantly killed via a death effect.  Another way to deal with the unkillable mobs is to have Shapeshift and Timestop memorized.  Shapeshift, cast time stop, turn into mind flayer and INT drain the mob to death.  This also bypasses the hitpoints of the mob so you don't have to worry about not being able to deal the last few points of damage.  Haer'Dalis's Dex draining swords also work, as does the archer's strength draining shot.  Any method by which you can drain a target's stat to zero will work.

Hope these suggestions are helpful.

humptydumpty

Re: Bug for Improved Abazigal
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 12:10:53 PM »
the mind flayer kills him but my pc gets all comfused and thinks hes still alive...oh god!

Offline Retet

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »
I'm encountering this same bug. My PC can get Abazignal (during the fight in his lair, not with the 5) to "near death" but cannot kill him. Even control Y fails to fell Big Blue.

Should i just uninstall the his improved component?

Offline wdarkk

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 09:54:56 PM »
I believe the bug you are having problems with is the old: doing too much damage too quickly so the mob can't die.  While you can fiddle around with death variables, I've found that a good work around is to keep several copies of Power Word Kill memorized.  That way, if the mob's hp goes under 60 it is instantly killed via a death effect.  Another way to deal with the unkillable mobs is to have Shapeshift and Timestop memorized.  Shapeshift, cast time stop, turn into mind flayer and INT drain the mob to death.  This also bypasses the hitpoints of the mob so you don't have to worry about not being able to deal the last few points of damage.  Haer'Dalis's Dex draining swords also work, as does the archer's strength draining shot.  Any method by which you can drain a target's stat to zero will work.

Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Heh, I had that bug with Aba too. I had used the wish double-length timestop+IA to unload a tremendous amount of magical doom on him at once (I managed to ONE-SHOT several other tough enemies with this too).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: