Author Topic: Dragons  (Read 2248 times)

4ervo

Dragons
« on: May 03, 2003, 04:31:34 PM »
Exept for the plate out of the scales,there also should be a posibility to create a helm out of his skull,bracers from the claws(for monks) and maybe a ring with it's blood in it(regeneration,bonus spells or abilities) or an amulet with his heatrh in it(say dragon breath on per day basis) what do you think?

T.G.Maestro

Dragons
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 04:45:33 PM »
To say the least, all of these are nice ideas.

Tyrus

Dragons
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 10:15:18 AM »
I also think that you get far to little from Dragons, sure some of them give some of the best items in a game but really. Dragons are massive, you can't be telling me that the only thing that you can salvage is one quantity of scales.

I'm guessing the only reason for only getting one set of scales is to prevent all your fighters wearing Red Dragon Armour etc.

klaussner

Dragons
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 11:41:05 AM »
I don't know if this is possible but still:
Claws (usable by monks, made from dragon's claws)
one-handed weapons
-has the effects of a regular monk punch (enchantment, attacks and damage/thaco bonus)
changes the monk attack to slashing damage, plus damage correspounding to the dragon's element (fire, acid, cold, lightning)
-each claw has a special effect from the dragon's power: red claws dispel illusions (for Firkraag's changing of the knights), black claws may drain levels, ice claws (Adalon) may hold/stun the ennemy, thunder claws (Abazigal) may cast chain lightning, earth claws (pontifex) might blind the opponent, or maybe turn him to stone, prismatic claws (purple dragon)  could blind or confuse the opponent.

Dragon cloak: made from the dragon's wings, provides Ac bonus, elemental res, and some effects like stoneskin or blur or invisibility (depending on the dragon)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 11:42:15 AM by klaussner »

T.G.Maestro

Dragons
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 12:51:05 PM »
" also think that you get far to little from Dragons, sure some of them give some of the best items in a game but really. Dragons are massive, you can't be telling me that the only thing that you can salvage is one quantity of scales."
-Yes, thats true. But I think it would be a bit wiser to give them a larger hoard. Well, the word "hoard" sounds a bit funny, if you think on it... By the way, the Freedom's Reign MiniMod already solved this problem. It gives at least 50 new items to the game (very nice pieces there!) and this way every Dragon in the game has at least 3-4 new magic items added to its treasury. The only problem with that mod is that it needs serious balancing, many of the weapons are overpowered, and tend to destroy game balance.

"Claws (usable by monks, made from dragon's claws)
one-handed weapons
-has the effects of a regular monk punch (enchantment, attacks and damage/thaco bonus)
changes the monk attack to slashing damage, plus damage correspounding to the dragon's element (fire, acid, cold, lightning)"
-I think this idea should be dropped, something very similar is in progress made by Seifer in the Nocturnal Supremacy mod. (See the Infinity Mods in development section).

"Dragon cloak: made from the dragon's wings, provides Ac bonus, elemental res, and some effects like stoneskin or blur or invisibility (depending on the dragon) "
-This one could be implemented however, it is a fair idea.

4ervo

Dragons
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 04:50:11 PM »
You can't make them a weapon and still keep the monks attacks and hand enchantement,i was thinking more of bracers(like the pair in the underwater sity-forgot the name) depending on the dragon gives AC bonus/+to damage(additional piercing/slising)/+fire/acid/ice damage(on dragon type/+bleeding damage(they are claws after all) so say for old red
Firkraag's claws
Theese gauntlets are extremly unusuals in design,made especialy for [CHARNAME] there is not a pair like them in all of Faerun,the claws are exeptionaly powerful and can be used only by him,because he slew the dragon with his own hands

+3 AC(the regular type of AC bonus set AC to a certain value but monk AC decriece soon passes it and there is no real bonus thats why +something)
+5 (slising)damage/tach0
+5 fire damage
+2 additional bleeding damage/per round for 5 rounds

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: