Author Topic: Alchemy  (Read 1386 times)

yenek

Alchemy
« on: April 05, 2003, 12:05:04 PM »
Alchemy is one of the skills that in the conversion loses its usefullness.(except if you want to take Envenom Weapon). I think i have a suggestion that implements it relatively "simple". Make an item or location were the player can acces an conversation that would allow him to make potions at a slightly lower price(say -20%) than at the shop aswell as potions that are not available in BGII but were addedin IWDII(and this would be the only way to obtain them). It would work similar to the item forging done by cromwell and cespenar. Meaning, you would cycle trough the options that are available at your current alchemy skill.

I really love this project and i have high hopes for it. The non-implementation of certain skills is a big let-down for me(i completely understand the dificulty one would have in implementing them). So by this suggestion i try to decrease the number of unimplemented skills.

A humble petitioner,
qwb,

:unsure:  

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Alchemy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 12:37:08 PM »
IIRC Alchemy is used in pnp for making and identifying potions. So perhaps all potions could be unidentified like magic items, and you use Alchemy to identify them?

It'd be like Knowledge:Arcana in that case.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Riklaunim

Alchemy
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 02:25:32 PM »
Yes – alchemy is used to identified and to brew potions. Implementing usage of all IWD2 skills would be nice.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: