Author Topic: Valen's armor and claw problem  (Read 1756 times)

T.G.Maestro

Valen's armor and claw problem
« on: April 01, 2003, 02:56:31 PM »
I have a question. I know, it is possible that this one has already been answered several times before, but please, forgive me my lazyness this time :P :
Since Valen gets her immunities and speed from her armor (an undroppable item) and this item improves as she levels up as a Vampire... well, why are the claws droppable? I mean, as Valen gains her new level as a Vamp, she gets a "new" armor, into her armor inventory slot. Why is it, that her claws appear simply in the inventory, and not in the right-hand weapon quickslot? Isn't this possible? Every time she would upgrade to the next level, she could have the "new" claw in that quickslot (undroppable of course). Many problems could be solved this way, for example the dual-claws.  

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 12:36:50 PM »
Any comments? If  someone has any idea on this, PLEASE say it!

Kish

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 12:48:23 PM »
Her armor always works.

Back when her claws were undroppable, they often didn't.  They'd get stuck in Valen's first weapon slot and instead of having them equipped, Valen would have a fist as her ready weapon.  Clicking on the claws did no good as, being undroppable, they were also unselectable and you just got the message, "This item cannot be removed."  Wes finally made them droppable as the simplest way to deal with all the "Help!" posts (some of which came from me).

I should also note that Wes doesn't consider the fact that people can produce and wield multiple sets of claws a problem he needs to fix--it's their lookout if they want to cheat.

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 03:04:50 AM »
That's right. Anyway, what is the reason, that the claws work differently than the armor? I fail to see the main difference between them.

insomnia

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 11:54:55 AM »
That's right. Anyway, what is the reason, that the claws work differently than the armor? I fail to see the main difference between them.
I think the problem comes from the claws being a weapon. . .sometimes a character quick weapon slot will appear as a fist even when a weapon is equipped (that recently happened to me when equipping the gesen bow and later removing arrows from the character's quiver slot). Had to remove the bow in the inventory and re-equip it. If Valen's claws are undroppable you can't do this. The armor would never have this problem.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: