Author Topic: About the thieves' stronghold  (Read 2426 times)

serjeLeBlade

About the thieves' stronghold
« on: March 31, 2003, 09:44:29 AM »
I am siding with Bodhi in my current game, and the thieves at Aran's base went hostile.
All normal so far (I guess).

But I noticed that the thieves at Mae'Var Guildhouse are still "friendly", and I'm wondering, is *this* normal?
(I never played an evil party before, so I have no idea about what's supposed to happen there in an unmodded game).

Valen's readme says something about screwing the thieves' stronghold quest or not, but it's not very specific. Does the Valen mod add a way to get the thieves' stronghold even if you side with Bodhi?

(Or are the guys at MaeVar's just a little dumb?)

P.S. I'm not playing a thief at present... I'm just curious.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 10:25:09 AM »
i have done the maevar quest before i sided with bodhi. so i dont know. but i am pretty sure they should hostile you when you sided with her.
another question: when i am against bodhi i got some fights and encounters but i am with bodhi now and i got nothing. no encounters with thieves. is this a bug?

serjeLeBlade

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 07:20:25 AM »
Seriously, why Valen shows no interest in attacking the Shadow Thieves in Maevar base?
Is it normal?
I find it very odd!

Kish

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 02:12:14 PM »
Truly, it's probably careless BG2 writing--they didn't take into account that you might start Renal's quest and ally with Bodhi without finishing it.

IC, though...Perhaps Mae'Var doesn't want to fight Bodhi.  He hopes you'll wipe out Aran Linvail and leave it open for him to take over.  Or perhaps Aran and Renal, guessing he'd react in a way that wouldn't benefit them if he knew you worked for Bodhi, neglected to inform him of your new status.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 04:15:45 PM »
Yeah, in my experience, Valen doesn't cause Mae'Var's thieves to go hostile. Personally, I  find it more believeable that they don't. As Kish stated, Mae'Var wants Renal and Aran gone anyway, so why should he shatter his own forces when you are aiding him?

serjeLeBlade

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 08:38:58 PM »
@Kish, Avatar, you're probably right, but why should Valen spare Maevar's life anyway?
He looks like a coward, we don't need his help, and he's not offering it in the first place. Otho, he has warm, good-tasting, somewhat powerful blood in his veins. And he *is* a shadow thief, he never tries to switch parts. (You know, Valen's "I serve my mistress" and all)
Valen should take him down no matter what, imho.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: