Author Topic: About gaseous form  (Read 2495 times)

serjeLeBlade

About gaseous form
« on: March 13, 2003, 07:59:11 AM »
Yesterday, during a hard fight, Valen turned into gaseous form and she had about half of her hit points left (or at least, that was what the red portion of the portrait showed).
Most of the other party members were wounded worse than that...
It didn't prove very useful  :(

In the end we won anyway and nobody died, but her help would have been useful throughout the fight... to say so...

So now I'm wondering... What's exactly that triggers the gaseus form transformation?
Couldn't we have some control over it?                    

Feran

About gaseous form
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 09:30:46 AM »
Raise your difficulty level and she won't go gaseous form. Also, gaseous form means being alive and pretty much immune to pain. But!! If she dies, well, SHE DIES. You can use her gaseous form as some sort of thing to distract the enemy while the others go long distance attacks.                    

serjeLeBlade

About gaseous form
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 09:37:52 AM »
My point is, if we're getting pounded, we're getting pounded --all of us.
Valen chikening out of the fight with 25 hp left while my pc has 6 is not of great help.
I'm asking for some courage here!
(And... may I highlight the fact that if my pc dies, "HE DIES", too?)  ;-)  :P                    

Kish

About gaseous form
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 12:13:11 PM »
She's a CE vampire.  Saving her own neck is good roleplaying. :-)  Also

1) CharName can run away from the enemies, Valen's script(in-character, her instincts) will keep her on the offensive as long as she's in human form.
2) Valen's still useful in gaseous form--the enemies try to hit her, usually wasting effort.                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Mar 13 2003, 08:15 PM--]

Samuel Coyote

About gaseous form
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 12:56:08 PM »
Yeah, you're not actually expecting Valen to RISK something for you? ;)

25 hitpoints is about the level where you can be killed in one round of average fighting, so it makes perfect sense for her to turn to mist there. Besides, its not like the scripts will check the health levels of other characters before turning into gaseous form. Wouldn't be very practical, and sure wouldn't be in character.

Sides, your PC doesn't KNOW that he/she/it only gets one chance. Your only experience with other Bhaalspawn was Sarevok. Valen is quite aware that  she really dies when dying.                    

serjeLeBlade

About gaseous form
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 06:16:19 AM »
Yeah, you're not actually expecting Valen to RISK something for you? ;)

I see...
So I'd have to turn back to Korgan if I want a fierce and fearless fighter?
(I was thinking of her as "a fierce and fearless fighter"... for some reason!)
:unsure:

25 hitpoints is about the level where you can be killed in one round of average fighting, so it makes perfect sense for her to turn to mist there.

The last time she did it with 38 hp.
Looks like a 33% hit point check.

A little overcautious, imho  :rolleyes:

Oh well... I was just thinking that since in v36 you can ask her to do (or stop doing) almost anything, it would be fine to have the possibility to address this topic too...                    

[!--EDIT|serjeLeBlade|Mar 14 2003, 02:20 PM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
About gaseous form
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2003, 02:40:26 PM »
If you play on Core or above, Valen does not have the ability to Gaseous Form and will thus fight to the death.

In my mind, the gaseous form power is not a conscious choice on her part -- it's a reflex that kicks in when she gets hurt (cf. V:tM's rotschreck).                    

serjeLeBlade

About gaseous form
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 08:28:47 AM »
If you play on Core or above, Valen does not have the ability to Gaseous Form and will thus fight to the death.

In my mind, the gaseous form power is not a conscious choice on her part -- it's a reflex that kicks in when she gets hurt (cf. V:tM's rotschreck).
                   But I'm not asking her to die the real death for me...
Just to keep fighting a little more...
I know of no other vampire which turns into gaseous form upon "injured" damage level!
A check on, say, 15% or 20% hp should do quite fine imho...
(And this could still be tied to the difficulty slider if you like it better that way)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: