Author Topic: BUG: _05PCSPY / Clear Fog Of War  (Read 8854 times)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
BUG: _05PCSPY / Clear Fog Of War
« on: February 20, 2003, 03:39:02 AM »
iwg2 v1-108.

When you start the game the cutscene newgame.bcs runs and Jon comes down the pike to torture you. It turns out that you can't actually see any of this because you are behind the closed and locked door to your cage! BG2 fixes this problem by having this "spy" creature sit outside with the ClearFogOfWar effect. IWD2 does not appear to have that opcode. Without it, you can hear Jon torturing you but you can't really see what is going on.

Possible solution: have the spy join the party for the purposes of that cut-scene?

(This is an example of, in general, a well-formed bug report. :-))                    

Dyara

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 03:49:06 AM »
Without the ClearFogOfWar effect there will be a lot of things that do not work. All the cutscenes without party members for example (Tolgerias-Irencus-Imoen, Irenicus-Imoen at spellhold, Irenicus-Bodhi in underdark and perhaps many more).

Have you tried to make the door/wall transparent (like it´s done with the door to the cell with the shapeshifter?                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 03:57:10 AM »
The see-through flag for the door doesn't seem to work as advertised here.

When IWD2 has a cut-scene out of visual range it uses this strange "save location ; hide player1 ; teleport player1 here ; watch ; restore location ; unhide player1" combo.

If all else fails I'll fall back on that.

Even if I am never able to fix it, this is low on my list of concerns compared to things that crash the game. Because of the way the IWD2 engine works you'll see all of the text in the scrollbar anyway, so there's no danger of truly missing the plot. In addition, the target audience is presumably comprised of people who have played BG2 at least once before.                    

[!--EDIT|weimer|Feb 20 2003, 03:59 AM--]

Riklaunim

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 09:44:14 AM »
There can be a problem with Lessonar and the drows in the challenge pit. I cannot se theirs fight, and they (looking on the dialog box) could not fight until I see them (when I “teleport” in they start fighting....)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: