Author Topic: Dwarven love muffin  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Nukenin

• Sennin
  • Planewalker
  • Chaos Never Died
    • Rogue Bard
Dwarven love muffin
« on: August 13, 2004, 11:10:33 AM »
It's about time the dwarves get some lovin'!

I'm concerned about the need to support humans, elves, half-elves, and their ilk.  Surely if Nalia knows the way to a dwarf's heart she could look to no other.  So if necessary, I fully endorse the abandonment of support for these lesser races so that more resources can be devoted to the only romance Nalia will ever need.

Will dwarves enjoy customized dialogue, flirts, and other perks rather than the word "dwarf" being dropped in the same boilerplate stuff and nonsense the lesser races see?  Will we have some nice dwarf-specific voiced lines to make one's beard curl in delight?

Granted, we're dealing with a dwarf who does not have the connection to a clan heritage and home that a "normal" dwarf would have, but perhaps that is what draws Nalia's attention and sympathy.  Nalia's not a party member I've had much beyond my first run through SoA some four years ago almost, so I may be off base with respect to how others perceive her character, but I'd love to see Nalia be on the offensive here, fighting to awaken the protagonist's heart and win his affection.  "Nonsense!  Nobody loves the dwarf!" could be one of the stubborn hero's responses to her increasingly blatant advances.

(Although options could be provided for the dwarf who wants to lead the way, with dialogue along the lines of, "Nalia, dear, I think I got something stuck in me beard.  Care ye to take a look?")

Korgan should also take note of Nalia's attentions, and protest that they are incorrectly placed, as <CHARNAME> is softer than a pillow in the finest of inns, never having known the life of pick to stone like a true dwarf should.  (It'd actually be amusing if Korgan were <CHARNAME>'s competition regardless of <CHARNAME>'s race... I've never had Korgan and Nalia in a party together though so I don't know how they currently treat each other.)

Anyway, to sum up, dwarves could use some special treatment, and I hope this mod delivers.  :)
--/\/

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Dwarven love muffin
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 11:27:17 AM »
I do have a couple of special things in mind for dwarves. It's not going to be a completely customized experience but hopefully the unique perks will make you smile.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Nukenin

• Sennin
  • Planewalker
  • Chaos Never Died
    • Rogue Bard
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 11:33:41 AM »
I'm looking forward to it!

I actually am reluctant to run dwarven protagonists simply because I feel left out romance-wise, so it'll be nice to have a high-quality romance available to the bearded folk.  :)

In fact, I've only ever run dwarves solo or in "wee folk only" parties, it seems.  Every time I think about running a "normal" party with a dwarf protagonist, I just think about how Jaheira or Aerie would be all over me if only I were a human or an elf (or halfling or gnome even, I believe).  Nobody loves the dwarf!

Amazing what romances did to this game... :)
--/\/

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 09:09:53 AM »
I don't think Korgan likes Nalia very much :P

Korgan: Nalia, ye're overtall, beardless, long-limbed and lack strength. Ye disgust me.
Nalia: What provoked this hostility, Korgan?
Korgan: Ye deserve the full wrath of my ire, weakling! Ye deserve it because ye're a coddled, privledged imbecile, a sad, little nobleman's offspring!
Korgan: With what grout ye've left, never question what I've to say, else each night upon the morn ye awake screaming for fear of what I may do to ye!
Nalia: I'm sorry, Korgan. I seek no conflict and wish only to be left alone. Forgive my slights, if I made any.
Korgan: Ye quiver and wither like all the others. Ye're a gutless coward. And so ye'll stay.

Offline Lord Doomhammer

• Overlord of Fools
  • Planewalker
  • bruce Willis is an ugly, ugly man
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 04:57:39 AM »
Oh, thats just Korgans way of saying he's interested. :)
So full of hate!

"I.. have.. come.. to.. em.. ploy.. you.. in.. my.. fac.. tory.. in.. starns.. bury."

Also answers to 'Lord Schicksalhammer'

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 06:14:58 AM »
Aye, it translates to this:

Korgan: Nalia, I love ye!
Nalia: What provoked this sudden burst of desire, passion and love, Korgan?
Korgan: I cannae help me feelings Nalia, an' I seen the way ye look back at me! Tis written in the stars, it is!
Korgan: Nay question my feelings, darlin', my love fer ya grows as long as my beard, and other appendages, which amounts to a long amount of love!
Nalia: Oh, Korgan! You are so sweet, and I have a thing for dwarves. Despite your Chaotic Evil nature I will give you one or possibly twenty chances with me!
Korgan: Yer beauty is matched only by yer shapely tits and tanned skin. Dwarf women look like men anyway and it's a bit, y'know, iffy! I'll stay with ye, so I shall!

No longer threatening to kill/rape/hurt her in any way :P

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 06:49:10 PM »
It's about time the dwarves get some lovin'!

I'm concerned about the need to support humans, elves, half-elves, and their ilk.  Surely if Nalia knows the way to a dwarf's heart she could look to no other.  So if necessary, I fully endorse the abandonment of support for these lesser races so that more resources can be devoted to the only romance Nalia will ever need.

Will dwarves enjoy customized dialogue, flirts, and other perks rather than the word "dwarf" being dropped in the same boilerplate stuff and nonsense the lesser races see?  Will we have some nice dwarf-specific voiced lines to make one's beard curl in delight?

Granted, we're dealing with a dwarf who does not have the connection to a clan heritage and home that a "normal" dwarf would have, but perhaps that is what draws Nalia's attention and sympathy.  Nalia's not a party member I've had much beyond my first run through SoA some four years ago almost, so I may be off base with respect to how others perceive her character, but I'd love to see Nalia be on the offensive here, fighting to awaken the protagonist's heart and win his affection.  "Nonsense!  Nobody loves the dwarf!" could be one of the stubborn hero's responses to her increasingly blatant advances.

(Although options could be provided for the dwarf who wants to lead the way, with dialogue along the lines of, "Nalia, dear, I think I got something stuck in me beard.  Care ye to take a look?")

Korgan should also take note of Nalia's attentions, and protest that they are incorrectly placed, as <CHARNAME> is softer than a pillow in the finest of inns, never having known the life of pick to stone like a true dwarf should.  (It'd actually be amusing if Korgan were <CHARNAME>'s competition regardless of <CHARNAME>'s race... I've never had Korgan and Nalia in a party together though so I don't know how they currently treat each other.)

Anyway, to sum up, dwarves could use some special treatment, and I hope this mod delivers.  :)

Lesser races? Is your humanity slipping? You are beginning to sound like a filthy Dragon!!
"An Honorable Servant is a greater man than a Dishonorable Master." - The Mighty Stanislav

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 11:25:23 AM »

if my dwarven NPC idea pans out, she'd definitely be the minister for that wedding!  (more soon)
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: