Author Topic: What about a Ritual sequel?  (Read 1667 times)

serjeLeBlade

What about a Ritual sequel?
« on: March 05, 2003, 09:32:08 AM »
It would be nice to have the opportunity to get some other mission from Pontifex...
For those who didn't kill him/the countess obviously...
Maybe one suited for an higher-level party...

Maybe with the opportunity to fight some angel...
Or to get some "Unit-4 armour" as a reward or tool :)

Thoughts?                    

klaussner

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 10:42:06 AM »
Seeing what happens to Unit 4 in the manga, I don't think this would be a nice gift to offer........
"player wears the unit 4, becomes an alien lifeform, and gets mauled by its best friend, then totally kicked out of the story"

I'd like, for myself, to have a walktrough for the ritual, because I don't understand what you are supposed to do to save that Countess, and what Weimer wanted for that mod.                    

[!--EDIT|klaussner|Mar 6 2003, 06:44 PM--]

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 08:32:19 PM »
(spoilerish)

I *just* tried the Ritual today; I ended up allowing the priestess to finish (out of curiosity, and killing the golems in close timing), but she just disappeared afterwards - then I went back to talk to Pontifex and he claims that she was killed. (eh, what?) This confuses me a bit. I guess I'll have to try it again...  :o                    

Kish

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 08:52:52 PM »
You let her complete the Ritual, and it killed her.  Ira'Kiou'Dneg warned you that the Ritual must not be completed.                    

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2003, 04:02:05 PM »
OOooooohhhh.... OOPS. Well, it's not like anyone told my PC what the darn ritual was...  [_[  ok, guess I'd better redo, now.                    

kozand

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 07:16:38 PM »
What about them being 2 disguised fallen solars trying to bring Blood War in doors of Celestials? Like PlaneEscape Torment Deva?

Maybe the priestess is Pontifex's lover and she is trying this risky ritual to gain power and Pontifex tries to save her via party's intervention. Beacuse he knows the Ritual is not good because it will destroy her and allowing what? A hellgate to opening in Mount Celestia? But 2 fallen solars would not benefit from this untimely gate so Pontifex wanted to stop the ritual

These 2 revolutionists might be angry to gods for them allowing pain in multiverse.

This could be the start of Ritual 2. This time explaining the nature of previous Ritual.

Really Pontifex sounds a good name for a Solar. And it would be good since party would get involved with Solars in real action.                    

Graham_ku

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2003, 11:57:10 PM »
I finished the main part of the ritual a few days ago. I fought the golems, and just when the last one fell, the priestess finished her ritual and left (she said something in celebration like - Yes, now everything we have worked for will come true). I still had over an hour left on the time Pontifex assigned me to stop her, and failed. I thought perhaps failure was actually part of the plot designed into the mod as I cannot see how I could have stopped her, without attacking her while she was blue and ignoring the golems (but I am Good, so try not to do that).

When I returned to Pontifex he chastised me but said he understood that I had tried my best and just failed to get there in time (or words to that effect). He still rewarded me with the cursed amulets.

I spoke to him again and ended up in a fight - his first action was a time stop and multiple summonses, plus killing my Palantar in seconds, and wasting Solaufein - all before time started again. Is this fight possible to win? I ended up loading up a saved file from before this and making sure I did not cross too crose swords with him.                    

Kish

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 01:09:59 AM »
The fight is winnable.

And, if you prevent the priestess from completing the Ritual (which will kill her) or otherwise dying, then he won't fight you.                    

[!--EDIT|Kish|Mar 18 2003, 09:38 AM--]

Assassin

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2003, 10:25:56 PM »
I finished the main part of the ritual a few days ago. I fought the golems, and just when the last one fell, the priestess finished her ritual and left (she said something in celebration like - Yes, now everything we have worked for will come true). I still had over an hour left on the time Pontifex assigned me to stop her, and failed. I thought perhaps failure was actually part of the plot designed into the mod as I cannot see how I could have stopped her, without attacking her while she was blue and ignoring the golems (but I am Good, so try not to do that).

When I returned to Pontifex he chastised me but said he understood that I had tried my best and just failed to get there in time (or words to that effect). He still rewarded me with the cursed amulets.

I spoke to him again and ended up in a fight - his first action was a time stop and multiple summonses, plus killing my Palantar in seconds, and wasting Solaufein - all before time started again. Is this fight possible to win? I ended up loading up a saved file from before this and making sure I did not cross too crose swords with him.
                   Simple.  PRotection from Magic weapons.  Talk to him.  Survive the Time Stop (summon Mordy Swords/Elemental Princes/Planetars if necessary). Use the Unholy Reaver(can't remember; the one from the Githyanki)/Carsomnyr with Breach to take away his Protection from Magic Weapons.  Hit many times with Fighters with Improved Haste.                      

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: