Author Topic: Solaufein and Phaere sittin' In a tree....  (Read 55039 times)

Sphira

Solaufein and Phaere sittin' In a tree....
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2003, 08:25:18 PM »
Cool! I should be working a lot more on it in a few days. I've got some work I need to do for college classes to get myself caught up. *sighs* Silly classes. :)                    

kozand

« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2003, 08:30:11 PM »
Okay! U can e-mail or PM me anytime. I am here daily.

College.... I am philosophy graduate and I would love to return my university days. :lol:

good night or earlier morning since 4:23 am here!  :P                    

Sphira

« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2003, 09:13:34 PM »
Well... hmm... I can't do too much until I get home from school around 5:00 PM eastern if I don't have homework.                    

Hendryk

« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2003, 09:53:34 PM »
Whew!  Reading the intricacies of Kozand's ideas, I'm struck that they are really set for a different medium.  In a novel, the room for exposition and discovery is far greater than is available to banters for a computer game.  So, as logical as the 'Sola-as-multiple-move-pawn-in-drow-politics' ideas might be, I'm thinking they might also be too complex to explain sufficiently to base any banters on it for the game.  

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong here but I wouldn't want to try it myself.                    

Sphira

« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2003, 10:10:10 PM »
Well, not all of this infomation will be in the banters. Some of it the PC nor Sola should never know. The infomation that will be mentioned are

1) Mother A knowing that living would be a 'better' punishment than death for a little while.

2)Alliance stituation.

3) Phaere suspecting. (Only spectulation, nothing confirmed.)                    

thecursed

« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2003, 05:52:46 AM »
kozand and sphira= we are in good hands!                    

kozand

« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2003, 09:00:29 AM »
Of course u are right Hendryk. I won't try to write an in-game Sola novel haha! Even though I am writing BG novels.

As our group chicka mentioned, only few ideas will be made known and many of them will be on speculation level.

There are several things which can help us though.

1) Newer WeiDU supports long NPC talks without PC reply. Example: Redemption Irenicus, Ascension Balthazar. It is done and done bugfree

2) PS:Torment Type PC started talks are possible. They can basically function like flirt packs but much of my optional content and Sphira's ideas could be put there.

This has advantages: a) Nobody will be overwhelmed by long talks since their timing will be based on their choice of force talking.

B) Such plot should be better not put in flirt packs or romance dialogues for keeping romance smoother, clear and clarified; for allowing in-depth Sola even if PC won't romance him. And not everybody would love so complex lovetalks. Not everybody is as crazy as I am!

c) Sola's special ability, item acquirement can be re-balanced. He has this powerful blade. I say what? Take his blade's continous stat bonuses away. Too cheesy and overpowered. Enable option (2). Give Sola draw upon holy might ability if proper PS:Torment type friendship only dialogue options are choosed. Making him understand Sola-Ardulace plot better can give him insight and holy wrath felt against evil drow and Ardulace hence DUHM ability. Basically it is "talk to Dakkon to get his stats raised" PS: Torment variation. But not permanent stat bonuses to balance Sola blade and Sola as an NPC. Currently Sola is too powerful even while Tactics mod installed.

So it may sound ambitious, but we may get them all! Elaborated plot, smooth romance, some plot-romance intrigue, balanced Sola abilities-toned down Tsuko-Ken (and potions of CON would be valuable at every character level), flirt pack and forced talk PS: Torment relation-friendship-DUHM.

Technically it is feasible. Because flirt pack, lovetalk, PS: Torment talk (DUHM), Blade-moonbeam-repulse undead globals will be different. They won't be encoded in one giant mod with so many variables to go awry. Each can be scripted seperately and each will be optional and based only to PC's reaction so it would allow greater customization for Sola based on player style. Writing dialogues can take time but I can handle it with your help. Because except flirt pack intimacy and Sola blade-moonbeam, nothing will be dependent on lovetalks and even non romance Sola could be improved via DUHM and Archyrissa fight is already encoded in Sola romance lovetalk.

Let's do it! Combine Sola-Kelsey-Imoen Romance-Imoen relationship and PS:Torment Dakkon Zeth in one package. Lets put a new standart for Romance Mods!                    

[!--EDIT|kozand|Mar 20 2003, 08:08 PM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2003, 02:53:55 PM »
And a great deal, if not all of that is up to Wes, not us :)

What we're here in the Workshop for is to do the flirt pack, which Wes kindly put into my hands to coordinate and code, as well as come up with new dialogues and interjections that we workshop before sending to him for consideration.

And why we do it, mainly, is because we love our delicious drow, of course! :D

thecursed

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2003, 02:56:58 PM »
And why we do it, mainly, is because we love our delicious drow, of course! :D
                   and some wonder why this board is mostly female! :D                    

Tsuru

« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2003, 03:00:14 PM »
and some wonder why this board is mostly female! :D
                   At least we attract the very best of the males! :P ;)                    

thecursed

« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2003, 03:01:51 PM »
whao!!! some compliment there! you sure know haow to keep 'em!! ;)                    

kozand

« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2003, 04:52:27 PM »
I see. Well that is all I got. If I will be asked to write dialogues I will do it. From now on, it is your call.

And thank u Tsuru. Even though I don't think it is directed to me, I liked your compliment.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2003, 04:57:59 PM »
*kicks the FWS server and mutters*

Kozand, we love enthusiasm! It's just that for some things, it's totally up to Wes. He does appreciate contributions to dialogue and interjections for Sola and approves of the flirt pack :)

Feel free to post any dialogue you come up with in the Dialogues topic, the crew will be happy to tear it apart *grin

psst.. I do adore the evil men who seem to be attracted to this place ;)

kozand

« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2003, 05:02:13 PM »
evil? like who? cursed one? I know I am not lol!  :lol: on Am I? Kozynick and all?

"Am I evil? Yes I am?" Metallica.

would u like a cookie? Cookie monster on rampage lol!                    

[!--EDIT|kozand|Mar 21 2003, 04:03 AM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2003, 05:04:31 PM »
With me, evil is a compliment *snicker*

*coughs and returns to regularly scheduled topic*

:D

kozand

« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2003, 05:21:47 PM »
Ok. He returns to regular topic too.

I just asked Wes to permit me to make the additions I want. If he will permit me I would like to add those. If not I will contribute by doing whatver asked of me. And for that I am waiting for Sphira. I am telling u here because this is a team work, not my personal arena. I especially told him currently I am only allowed to contribute flirt-pack dialogues. No secret dealings here.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2003, 01:08:12 AM »
*nudge* Sphira, we made any progress on this one? :)

Sphira

« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2003, 01:19:06 AM »
Not yet. Working on it soon. :)                    

Tsuru

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2003, 01:43:52 AM »
Not yet. Working on it soon. :)
                   Can't wait :) This is gonna be good!

Sphira

« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2003, 04:06:54 PM »

After screaming, yelling, crying, and beating on myself, this dialogue is ‘finally’ done. Suggestions made by kozand to keep a consistency with both planned dialogues are in italics. When I mean ‘final’, I mean the hard creative work is pretty much done, and of course Wes' alternations to make Solaufein sound like Sola. If there are grammatical errors, please notify me in PM. Thanks to Tsuru and Athena for moral support. :D

All comments not related to grammar are welcomed!

(Sighs). And I just forgot one more option, should I add a horribely shallow 'Ekk, you slept with men!? I'm leaving you!' option for the horribley shallow female PCs?

Solaufein-
{CharName}, I would like to talk to you in private. It's a subject that makes my heart ache even though it happened long ago... I'm even hesitant to speak to you about it.
- Of course. I listen with my heart and with an open mind. -]A
- If it's what I think it is... I did not mean to push you to it Solaufein if you feel it's too soon. -]B

-Solaufein-
A] I believe you are a bit curious to know about my life with Phaere, aren't you?
- Yes, very much so. I just want to understand what happened to you, I want to know more about you. -]D
- Not really. I only care about the now, however if you need to get this off your chest you know you have my ear. -]D

-Solaufein-
B] You do confuse me, {CharName}. You seemed so eager to hear what occurred between me Phaere...
- I am eager, but I don't want to pressure you. I realize that now. I am sorry... -]C

-Solaufein-
C] I see... I do not feel pressured. If I didn't wish to share my thoughts with you, I'd never ask. -] D

-Solaufein-
{If spoken to Solaufein before about his past} -] D
{If NOT spoken to Solaufein before about his past} -] D1

D] Before I go on, do you remember the time we spoke somewhat briefly about this. How I changed houses? I do not want to confuse you about this.
-Yes. So what house would you be considered under? -]E
- I remember.  -]G

D1] Before I can tell you more between Phaere and I, I would like to clear something up. I was born under the rule of the House of Auvryndar and while it was powerful in Chas Need, it was not as strong in Ust Natha where I was born. My mother, who was head of this branch of the House of Auvyndar, decided to sell the skills of her children to other houses and managed to cast a geas on a few of the less 'honorable' houses. However I did not have to approach another house with my skills until after my falling out with Phaere. My mother quickly sold my skills off again I won the favor of Eilservs, a powerful house with weak sons. That's how I was able to stay the leader of the Fighter's Guild.
-So what house would you be considered under? -]E
-Please, go on. -]G

-Solaufein-
E] As of now? (He chuckles.) I'd suppose I would be an exile now; though it's by my own choice I left the underdark. But if... you had not come into my life, I would be considered Solaufein Eilservs, which roughly means in common 'Lands of the Depths'.
- Could I ask you what your name means, Solaufein? -] F
- (You nod and wait for him to go on with his story.) -]G

-Solaufein-
F] "Spider's eyes" is the more common translation of the name, the one I normally think of. A more eloquent translation would be "Deft Seer".
- Hmmm, considering the later I think your mother named you well, my love. Please, go on? -]G

-Solaufein-
G] I encountered Phaere personally for the first time during one of the meetings with Despana joint alliance for Auvyndar against a rival house. This was perhaps 15 or 16 years ago, not a very long time for drow or elves but it feels like it happened eons ago. We did not say much until I had curried Ardulace's favor, Phaere then approached me and took me into her bed. As I said, we began as bedmates before becoming lovers.
- Ardulace's favor? -] H
- I see. -] J

-Solaufein-
H] I was not loyal to Phaere the first three years of our acquaintance; nor was she though we began to fall in love for one another a year or so after meeting. Ardulace fancied me and being young and too ambitious to even feel guilty, I visited her bed often and I did enjoy being with females and other males as well... (He pauses, glancing at you for your reaction.)
- {If PC male} Solaufein, I -think- I noticed that sort of affection for both cases. (You chuckle.) We've talked about this. -] H1
- {If PC female} Men? (You're quiet for a moment, but nod.) I'm not shocked, but it doesn't matter. I love you no matter what... -]H3

-Solaufein-
H1] Actually, I did not want you to think badly of me because of my relationship with Ardulace, {CharName}.
- You were younger and it's just a memory now. Before I was with you, I was a bit loose myself and I didn't stick to just one sex. You're not the only experienced one in the party. (You grin.)-] H4
- That's in the past Solaufein, all I ask is to have some of your heart in the now. -] H3

H2] Removed

-Solaufein-
H3] I see that hesitancy in your eyes, ussta xukoth. Why do you think I call you that? You own all of my heart and I hunger for no one else.
- I have no doubts on that at all; I wasn't prepared to hear that Solaufein, that's all. I didn't mean to deter from your story, please, go on? -] J

-Solaufein-
H4] (Solaufein smiles slightly.) It baffles me that could I love someone so wicked minded as you.
- It's because I'm sexy, Solaufein. (You snicker.) Go on. -]J
- Yes, but I know you love me for my mind. I'm glad you love my body and soul as much as my mind. Now, let's hear the rest of the story. -] J

H5]  Removed.

-Solaufein-
I] I must. (Solaufein answers in a determined voice.) -]M

-Solaufein-
J] During the first five years of the relationship between me and Phaere were protected due to the alliance between Despana and Auvyndar in a house war. I would also think my skills and my position as the Commander of the Fighter's Guild also kept our love safe.  She was still idealistic, not 'good' by any sense, but she was fair-minded and wanted a better world for the drow. She told me when she was younger she was close to her father; I believe he was quite protective and affectionate to her. I also noticed that I never meet Ardulace's consort and I assumed he died. Before the torture, when the house war was over... words were said about Phaere and mine’s love.
- Solaufein... (You rub his arm in comfort.) -]K

-Solaufein-
K] One of her sister's, I think the first youngest after Phaere, complained loudly. She just became a handmaiden for Lolth while her sister Phaere had the training but didn't care. Ardulace finally decided to take action...
~ Solaufein ~
Phaere disappeared one day... and Ardulace spoke words to me that she would not let the love between Phaere and I grow or exist between us. I remember my horror, horror for Phaere and horror that I was about to be killed or turned into a drider. I cannot forget Ardulace's look... this look of cold triumph... she forced me to the floor and stood on me with her foot pressed against my neck, declaring that death or turning to a drider was too good for me. Her bark was worst than her bite... Ardulace would taunt me with death, but she believed that knowing what I had done to Phaere would be punishment enough for me.
- (You move closer to Solaufein, you notice his eyes are squeezed shut.) You don't have to go on... -] I
- (Unsure of what to do, you sit beside Solaufein as you notice his discomfort.) -] M

-Solaufein-
M] And Phaere's actual despise for me was the worst feelings I had ever had until recently... I.. I wore my mask from then on. I became more like the cold calculating man you saw... who I thought I would *always* be.
- Shhh... (You rub his chest in a comforting motion, resting your head against his neck.) I'm here... -] N

-Solaufein-
N] Being a worshipper of Eliastaree also began to help me, but I knew it could only help for so long. For nine long years I wore that mask, even when the  war plans against the surface elves came about and slaves came into that city, I wore the mask. It was all I had to keep sane... I wanted no one else; I cared for nothing else but the battle and for my own life.
~ Solaufein ~
Then one day... this waela came into my life... a foreign drow who was a brat of a {woman/man}. Whose eyes always looked misplaced for a drow's because of their warmth...
~ Solaufein ~
(if remorseful) For their compassion...
(if practical) For their wisdom....
~
And that foolish child saved me from Phaere's wraith and my own despair... even though {he/she} wasn't truly a drow, {he/she} wormed {his/her} way into my heart, in my soul. (He brushes your check softly; his eyes are wet as he looks into yours.) And when I realized that, I never wanted {him/her} to let go...
- (You open your mouth, about to speak.) -] O

-Solaufein-
O] (Solaufein kisses your mouth softly.) No words, ussta xukoth. (He holds you close until he composes himself and you are both ready to go.) -end-
« Last Edit: April 04, 2003, 04:13:40 PM by Sphira »

Red

« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2003, 04:47:36 PM »
*applause*

Um...you couldn't maybe....kinda....lend me your muse could you?  ;)

Mine's being 'difficult'.

Sphira

« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2003, 05:06:33 PM »
Thank you!
*loans her Solaufein muse, free of charge*  :D  

Red

« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2003, 05:09:19 PM »
Yay! Hope I don't break this one too....

Sphira

« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2003, 05:32:38 PM »
He's a very relistant muse. :)

Caetlyn

« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2003, 05:45:56 PM »
That was beautiful...

*wants to borrow the muse next*

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: