Author Topic: A few things I've noticed.  (Read 4014 times)

Blucher

A few things I've noticed.
« on: February 26, 2003, 07:36:50 PM »
- If you make, for instance, a .bif with the contents of the override directory and then delete the files in the override, WieDU seems to have some problems.  For example: if the override has a new version of an .ids file, WieDU will search the .bifs for the .ids file.  It will find the first instance of the .ids file in the .bifs and only use that; it will ignore any duplicates that may be more current.  The game, however, does not do this, nor does NI (it will use the latest file if duplicates are found in the .bifs).

- Using --bif-get will /only/ retrieve files from the bifs, ignoring anything that may happen to be in the override.  (This is probably intentional, but thought I should mention it).

- Polymorph(I:AnimationType*Animate) is invalid when compiling a .baf in IWD, even though everything is in order with the .ids files.

- In IWD, any Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Align) checks cause the .baf compiler to choke.  This is because IWD lacks an "alignment.ids" file.  It has an "align.ids" and an "alignmen.ids" file.  This is not a WeiDU error, it's an error in the .ids files.  Solution: rename align/alignmen.ids to "alignment.ids" or change the "trigger.ids" entry.  Just wanting to make note here.                    

Avenger_teambg

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 04:40:06 PM »
- In IWD, any Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Align) checks cause the .baf compiler to choke.  This is because IWD lacks an "alignment.ids" file.  It has an "align.ids" and an "alignmen.ids" file.  This is not a WeiDU error, it's an error in the .ids files.  Solution: rename align/alignmen.ids to "alignment.ids" or change the "trigger.ids" entry.  Just wanting to make note here.
                   Hmm this is strange, Alignment*Align means the game expects an Align.ids file. This should WeiDU do as well.
The string after * sets the name of the ids file not the string before it!                    

Dyara

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 05:50:10 PM »
IWD has a trigger

0x400A Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Alignment)

but no Alignment.IDS file (only a Alignmen.IDS). In BG2 for example it´s

0x400A Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Align)

I guess WeiDU should read only the first 8 characters. However there are IDS files with more than 8 characters in BG2 (MUSICLIST.IDS for example).                    

Blucher

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 09:41:56 PM »
@Avenger.

Sorry, Dyara's trigger is more accurate for IWD.  I was using the BG2 trigger out of habit.                    

Blucher

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 01:46:19 AM »
Also, as of WeiDU 110, the uninstallation of mods seems to be broken.  I can install a mod, but when I perform the setup again, I get no Uninstall or Reinstall option, just the Yes, No, Quit options.                    

Dyara

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 04:56:08 AM »
Perhaps it´s a problem with your installation?

Code: [Select]
[D:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - RtW\Setup-RTW.exe] WeiDU version 110

Choose your language:
 0 [English (International)]
 1 [English (American)]
 2 [Deutsch]
Using Language [English (International)]

Install Component [Return To Windspear Beta 3.1.2]
[R]e-Install, [N]o Change or [U]ninstall or [Q]uit?

I have to admit that I´ve used WeiDU 110 to install. Maybe it´s a problem to uninstall mods that are installed with an older version of WeiDU?

Blucher

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 05:44:41 AM »
Huh?  I'm installing from the command line, like so:

weidu --game f:\bg1 --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogf.tlk --log bg1npcp\bg1npcp.debug bg1npcp\bg1npcp.tp2

Okay.  Just checked.  If I install from the command line with 110, I can't uninstall.  However, if I install using a renamed WeiDU.exe (setup-whatever.exe), I can uninstall normally.

Nothing's changed in my mod setup or .tp2 and I can install/uninstall with 109 from the command line.

Is this a new thing in 110 or a bug with the command line .tp2 install?

EDIT: On an unrelated note...is RtW really going to have distinct English (int.) and English (US) translations?  Someone is going to go through the trouble of adding the Us to color, honor, etc.?  Heh.  :lol:                    

[!--EDIT|Blucher|Mar 2 2003, 06:48 AM--]

Dyara

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 06:36:45 AM »
I´m not sure but I guess the english (US) conversion is done by a program.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 02:25:36 PM »
Blucher, can you send me the file WeiDU.log from when you do the command-line install and from when you do the renamed install? The difference will allow me to fix this bug.                    

Dyara

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 03:13:04 PM »
I´ve never noticed this before (perhaps it´s new):

When I type Setup-RTW (without .exe) at command-line WeiDU doesn´t install but displays its usage:

Code: [Select]
D:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - RtW>setup-rtw
[SETUP-RtW] WeiDU version 110
                WeiDU (version 110: "lovely bugfixes")

usage: WeiDU [options] BAF,BCS,D,DLG,TRA,TP,TP2-files

General Input Options:

--game X      set main game directory to X
  --nogame      do not load any default game files
  --search X    look in X for input files (cumulative)
  --tlkin X     use X as DIALOG.TLK
  --ftlkin X    use X as DIALOGF.TLK
  --tlkmerge X  merge X into loaded DIALOG.TLK
  --yes         answer all TP2 questions with 'Yes'
  --uninstall   answer all TP2 questions with 'Uninstall'

General Output Options:

setup-rtw.exe installs as usual.                    

[!--EDIT|Dyara|Mar 3 2003, 01:14 AM--]

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 09:11:17 PM »
It's old, but I'll take the exe requirement out of SETUP-matching.                    

Blucher

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2003, 06:47:57 PM »
Blucher, can you send me the file WeiDU.log from when you do the command-line install and from when you do the renamed install? The difference will allow me to fix this bug.
                   Incoming. :)                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2003, 04:03:23 PM »
GB, for my peace of mind can you verify that this is working (or not working as described) one way or the other?                    

Blucher

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2003, 04:09:04 PM »
Sent an email this morning. :-)

Command line installation of a tp2 (with or without the .tp2 in the main dir) is still not working.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: