Author Topic: BG2 MOS files need to be resized  (Read 12314 times)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
BG2 MOS files need to be resized
« on: February 24, 2003, 01:05:11 PM »
When looking at the Sewer Golem room in the main game screen, going to the map shows the green selection box over the corridor to the south.

I'm going to see what % increase needs to be made...                    
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 01:14:54 PM »
Well, 133% is the amount that BGII MOSes need to be increased, but this stretches the map out of the viewable area even further.  Bah.                    
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 09:16:30 PM »
On a vaguely related note, it might be cute to resize those BG2 "mosaic" area loading screens so that we can use them instead of the generic IWD2 ones.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 11:43:37 PM »
Actually, I think it should be pics of you in a red velvet smoking jacket expounding on a particularly vexing point of the IWG2 conversion in the text blurbs.

Mosaic effect optional.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Catalyst

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2003, 12:54:32 AM »
Actually, I think it should be pics of you in a red velvet smoking jacket expounding on a particularly vexing point of the IWG2 conversion in the text blurbs.

Mosaic effect optional.
Jason, it's times like this I would like to have your baby.

No...no, I'm not female...why?

Weimer gets points for using "egregiousness" in a post about fixing area transitions though (even after looking it up, I don't know how it was intended to be used).

And this is where I humbly apologize for cluttering up a testing thread. Gomen!                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 04:39:10 PM »
On a vaguely related note, it might be cute to resize those BG2 "mosaic" area loading screens so that we can use them instead of the generic IWD2 ones.
                   I have those mosaics (those between some chapters and those used when loading areas ) in jpg (high quality) from a Bonus CD. I could resize them but to what size?                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 06:10:09 PM »
If you put them up somewhere so that I can download them I can see if they would work.                    

Riklaunim

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2003, 06:24:56 PM »
The pictures are here: http://hoth.jmg.com.pl/~piotrek/foto/foto.zip                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 07:27:14 PM »
Got it. You can take them down if you'd like. However, the massive size suggests that they will probably end up in an optional component.

I would prefer to just translate the mosaiscs that are already in BG2, but they are much too small for IWD2.

Finally, I am seriously considering Jason's "weimer rants about the infinity engine" option. However, I don't have a smoking jacket.                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 07:54:13 PM »
You could always dig up a command-line JPEG-]BMP converter (or do those loading screens require crazy headers?) and ship it that way.

As for the smoking jacket... maybe not today, Wes. But you will.                    
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Riklaunim

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 11:41:43 AM »
About those jpg: resize them. Then balance between quality and compression. They should lose some weight (left with few Kb)

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 08:56:09 PM »
Speaking of .jpg files, the gallery posted for the beta had me on the floor. It wasn't so much the picks as Wes' comments, had a few similar thoughts myself! lol
Good work folks.

Edit: Damn forum lost my identity again. - hlid.                    

[!--EDIT|hlidskialf|Mar 10 2003, 06:57 PM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: