Author Topic: Sounds like a great new project!  (Read 3387 times)

TheBlackRose

Sounds like a great new project!
« on: February 19, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »
This sounds like a great new project, Wes.  Ambitious, surely *grin*, but I'm sure that many BG2 players will appreciate the changes!  This may prompt a reinstall of big ol' BG2.   :D

A few questions about the project:

1) This will require both BG2 and IWD2 to be installed, right?  Full install(s)?

2) How are you planning to implement kits, if at all?  Something like the Black Isle team is planning for Jefferson - specific feats (in place of prestige classes) would be nice applied to kits.  Or maybe *grin* prestige classes in place of kits.

Some other notes:

- Do BG1 next.  It should be an easier game to "translate", what with the lack of kits, lower level gameplay, lack of spell duels, and such.

- My suggestions for BG2 new NPC classes.

Jaheira: Fighter/Druid
Valygar: Ranger, or Ranger/Rogue
Minsc: Barbarian/Fighter
Korgan: Fighter, or Fighter/Barbarian
Haer'Dalis: Fighter/Bard
Keldorn: Paladin
Yoshimo: Fighter/Rogue, or Rogue
Cernd: Druid
Mazzy: Paladin! (No more race/class limits!)

Tivaan Stormbringer

Sounds like a great new project!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 12:48:03 PM »
All I can say is if this is accomplished and then the mods (and even BG1) ....well this will be huge and as far as the combat tactics that are mention in aother posts I do agree with those but.....can you imagine all the tactical guides that are out for bg2 that describe how to take a lich or a dragon down. They will be meaningless in 3rd edition, especially with the new skills and feats that one can give his or her character...and on top of all that, all new mods will be created not specializing in kits but feats and skills.

Im just saying if its done ....a whole new life will spring forth with the BG series.  :)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: