Author Topic: The user's cheese guide, version1 is done!!!  (Read 25887 times)

Userunfriendly

The user's cheese guide, version1 is done!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2003, 12:36:29 AM »
I LIKE IT!!!!

Dundee is now officially a vorpal bunny....

this is so sick, its just fun!!!!!!!

Osprey the insane

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2003, 03:26:30 AM »
Oooh, I love it!! It's great, it's fantastic, it's superp, it's amazing, it's astounding, in outstanding, it's extraordinary! I've run out of words!

MagusWizardo

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2003, 04:01:27 AM »
Can an normal Contingency hold Spell Immunity ??
 If it can, I think I have a slight improvement to one piece of cheese in your guide... :)

Userunfriendly

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2003, 04:25:42 AM »
Can an normal Contingency hold Spell Immunity ??
 If it can, I think I have a slight improvement to one piece of cheese in your guide... :)
nope, sorry...

you cannot do spell immunity...its not even seen when you cast the spell...

however, you can cheat in using shadowkeeper individual spell immunity spells...

for example, a .spl file exists for spell immunity:divination...

so you can actually add the spell to a mage's spell book using shadowkeeper..

osprey, have you read my cheese guide???

(shameless self promotion) :D  :)  :lol:  

Osprey the insane

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2003, 07:16:32 AM »
Yep, very evil and useful!
I have shadowkeeper too!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2003, 07:17:01 AM by Osprey the insane »

Userunfriendly

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2003, 02:57:40 AM »
version 1.4 is now ready for download...

http://gamebanshee.com/forums/showthread.p...&threadid=24240

many thanks go to masteraleph and kevin dorner for telling me about the bunny nuke, and to kevin for 3 new elegant and stinky cheeses....

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :P  :lol:  

Caedwyr

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2003, 01:38:59 PM »
A slightly off topic question, but how do I give Imoen UAI with shadowkeeper?

Userunfriendly

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2003, 03:42:15 PM »
A slightly off topic question, but how do I give Imoen UAI with shadowkeeper?
i am almost thinking i should write "the user's guide to blatant cheating"...in which i detail exactly how to create kensai sorcerors, monk kensai anti pallys, wild mage cleric kensais, and other seriously overpowering characters...

well, when chloe or edwin or whatever mod comes out, i will reinstall the game, and write up another guide to

kensai sorcerors
kensai aerie!!
monk kensai anti paladin..
wildmage cleric kensai
archer kensai
cleric/totemic druid kensai jahiera
assassin sorceror kensai

and many other seriously sick and game unbalancing hacks..

:D  :D  :D

but i dont think wes planned eclipse and tactics mod to handle

a monk kensai antipally

the easy way to add use any item is to simply go to the abilities tab, search, and add the spell to the character you want, then increment the number of this spell memorized, so you have added the use any item ability with one instance of the spell memorized to any npc...

then save, open up the game, you should find a button on the character with the use any item icon...click on it, and you will see the graphics...

save, reopen in sk, remove the spell...

now imoen can use holy avenger..hahhahah

Candrian Illborne

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2003, 05:16:33 PM »
The bunny nuke is cheesy beyond belief!!!  :lol:  *goes of to try it on a goblin*

Caedwyr

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2003, 07:35:49 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I was trying to directly edit the Affects tab, with little luck.

Userunfriendly

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2003, 07:54:58 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I was trying to directly edit the Affects tab, with little luck.
actually you're in the right track...the spl file added to a npc, then cast in the game will actually add a line in the affects file...open up the affects file of a saved game after casting use any item ability, then you will see a brand new line in the affects file at the very bottom....

copy this line over to any other npc, and they will each have use any item...also, since the casting of the spell adds a perminent line to the affects tab, you may now remove the button...

btw....did you know that everything in the game that is a special ability or whatever is a spell??? for example, i located and added the special ability "Wish spell hardiness..." the wish spell option cast hardiness on entire party, and it is a spl file, so i added that special ability to my npc...i opened the game, and cast the spell on myself, and my ENTIRE party all had hardiness cast on them...so, all i need to do is first test bunny nuke, and then add the spell as a special innate ability....

so, in ascention, all i need to do is prebuff the party, make sure everyone is protected from magic energy, then use project image to summon 200 bunnies...this will fill the platform, then trigger the spawning of the five, and bunny nuke them...much much easier than screwing around with multiple casting of the wish spell, hoping to get the right option...

also previously tested and i can confirm it works is "make it as if the party rested a full night and memorized all their spells..." and "improve haste the entire party"

yes, you can have some really fun innate abilities...most will have no icon files associated, so you will have to hold the mouse pointer over them to identify the grey buttons, but a lot of fun, none the less...

yes, i am the master...you guys looking foward to the new guide,

"the user's guide to blatant cheating and shadowkeeper hacking" ???

Caedwyr

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2003, 09:33:56 PM »

Definately.  Might I recommend you include which gloabl affects variables need to be manipulated to help with certain quests.  I've recently obtained every stronghold, with the help of Shadowkeeper and the Multi-stronghold patch.  Several times the patch failed me, and I was forced to fiddle with globals in Shadowkeeper.  A list of the more commonly manipulated globals, and when it should be done would be a great help.

Userunfriendly

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2003, 12:22:01 AM »

Definately.  Might I recommend you include which gloabl affects variables need to be manipulated to help with certain quests.  I've recently obtained every stronghold, with the help of Shadowkeeper and the Multi-stronghold patch.  Several times the patch failed me, and I was forced to fiddle with globals in Shadowkeeper.  A list of the more commonly manipulated globals, and when it should be done would be a great help.
actually thats not something i know much about...

except for a few i found out from experiments, i know little about the globals...but thats a killer idea if someone who knows more about them could write up a faq about...

my knowledge is limited to shadow keeper, but seriously, folks...

almost anything you can do in near infinity, i can duplicate in shadow keeper...but not on items, but on npc's and cre files...

Osprey the insane

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2003, 07:04:23 AM »
I discovered a cheesey thing, but I forgot it! ^_^ Whoops!

Seifer

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2003, 07:10:53 PM »
Osprey,
Please keep to the topic

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2003, 04:26:58 AM »
Out of curisousity, since when is on-topicness a requirement in these forums? I've yet to see a thread, especially on as whimsical as this, that sticks to being on-topic. I'm not trying to question your authority here, but you are kinda coming off like the On Topic Gestapo.

Seifer

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2003, 10:22:14 AM »
The comments are fair enough but aside from the fridge this forum alone has a remarkable 'off-topic' ratio, to which we can attribute the database problems earlier a little while back.
So - 93 pages
Soo2 - 17 ish pages
Faa - 18 ish pages

None of which had any serious discussion to it, or as far as I can see.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2003, 10:22:52 AM by Seifer »

Blackmamuth

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2003, 11:26:43 AM »
Ehh, Mr userunfriendly, i would be really grateful if in your next cheese guide revision could you include "userunfriendly sorcerer picks" i'm pretty sure that it would be really helpful...

Userunfriendly

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2003, 11:33:23 AM »
Ehh, Mr userunfriendly, i would be really grateful if in your next cheese guide revision could you include "userunfriendly sorcerer picks" i'm pretty sure that it would be really helpful...
done...

be warned, my personal sorceror picks are ALL cheesy spells...hahahahhahhahahhaha :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Caedwyr

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2003, 12:02:08 AM »
A potential cheese tactic.  Equip Haer'dalis's sword Chaos on the bard, or a fighter/thief with UAI and fire off a greater whirlwind.  The sword has an unresistable, no save -2 dexterity drain ability with a 30 second duration for every hit.  Also, none of the creatures in the game are immune to dexterity drain.

Michel

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2003, 01:43:06 AM »
Errr...potentional???
 LOL
It's a killer combo :lol:

Edit:
UU, your "Cheese" website isn't updated yet. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 02:10:50 AM by Michel »

Caedwyr

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2003, 02:40:17 AM »
potentional??? there is no such word.  

The dex drain immunity is to be added to all the appropriate creatures who should be immune to attribute drain in the next baldurdash patch, so enjoy it while you can.

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2003, 11:26:02 AM »
Dear User,

I've tried the charisma cheese with teh ugleh stick, but the game engine only gives me 24 charisma :(
No that I'm not satisfied, but I was promised 25. I think my charisma was about -2 when I took off the ring of human influence. Do I maybe need to get it lower for the full 25 exploit?

gurgen007

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2003, 11:27:20 AM »
Bah forgot to log in, the post above is mine...

Caedwyr

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2003, 04:13:23 PM »
I believe that you lowered your charisma once too many.  If you were to repeat the experiment and lower it a few more times, then your resulting Charisma would be even lower than the 24 your got.  This is what I found when I tried the trick.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: