Author Topic: Removing left-overs from old Solafein  (Read 1584 times)

Keera

Removing left-overs from old Solafein
« on: June 26, 2003, 01:58:38 AM »
I had installed Solafein about a year ago, just as I stopped playing.  I am returning now, and have happily installed the new Sola.  I look forward to meeting him! However, I have a problem:

The Suna Sei random encounter in Amn has a bizarre cast of characters: jellies, otyugh, mephits, a clay golem, etc.  I breaks my suspension of disbelief to see these things on city streets!  Apparently this is a hold-over from the orginial Solafein install.  Which files do I need to delete to get rid of it, and any other goodies now in the Tactics mod?  

Thanks!

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 07:22:01 PM »
Wow, blast from that past. The (very) old weimer-style random encounters. Sadly, if you have already installed the new Sola I'm not quite sure how to tell you to remove those easily. Do you have a backup of your override folder? If not, reinstalling BG2 is probably the "easiest" way to deal with it (although it's time-consuming).

Are you good with a text editor and feeling adventurous? If so, you could open up Setup-Solaufein.tp2 and add the following lines to the end of it ...

Code: [Select]
BEGIN ~fake-o component 1~
BEGIN ~fake-o component 2~
BEGIN ~fake-o component 3~

... do that for about half-a-dozen fake-o components. Now re-run Setup-Solaufein. Say "ask about each one". Leave Solaufein alone, but for every fake-o component, try to uninstall it (if possible). If not possible, just skip it. Hopefully a few of the fake-o components will uninstall. That should remove the strange random encounters.  

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 01:02:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Weimer!

I wasn't able to get your suggested fix to work - I suspect "good with a text editor" means something more espteric than "Able to open a file with Wordpad and add some text lines to it."  When I tried saving the tp2 file and re-runing Set-up, I got an error.

I have so many mods and such in my override file, I'll probably just re-install.  *grin* I believe this will be my 4th time re-installing to clear out wierdness from mods interacting. Howver, your WEIDU system has VASTLY decreased the old problems I used to have - thanks for setting it up!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 01:10:40 AM »
By using Wordpad you probably saved it back in RTF format, which is bad.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: