Author Topic: Solaufein initiated flirts  (Read 104089 times)

Tsuru

Solaufein initiated flirts
« on: February 13, 2003, 06:23:22 PM »
Okie.. let's get going on if Sola would do this and possible ones he would do :)

Vampyre Hamster

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 06:29:02 PM »
Ooo! Thanks, Tsuru-sama! :)

*Start Sola Hand Flirt Suggestions*

Sola Hand Flirt 1 (Low Level):

1.a. [Charname], would you hold my hand?

i. Contemplating prophecy again, Solaufein? (goto 1.B)
ii. The thought of that disgusts me. (goto 1.c)
iii. No. (goto 1.c)

1.b. No, but would you hold it longer if I did?

1.c. Very well.

Sola Hand Flirt 2 (Low Level):

2.a. [Charname], would you hold my hand?

i. Contemplating prophecy again, Solaufein? (goto 2.B)
ii. Stop trying to touch me. (goto 2.c)
iii. No. (goto 2.c)

2.b. You seem to enjoy reminding me I should.

i. I do. (2.d)
ii. No, but a man who would "hold my hand and contemplate prophecy" must have a more...fertile...imagination than he's letting on. (2.e)
iii. No, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop. (2.c.)
iv. Do you want to hold my hand or not? (2.f)

2.c. As you wish.

2.d. (Solaufein smiles and reaches for your hand.) As do I.

2.e. (Solaufein's smile borders on the lascivious as he reaches for your hand.) Perhaps.

But not today.

*end Sola Hand Flirt Suggestions*                    

Vampyre Hamster

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 06:33:03 PM »
Eee. The numbers on that didn't post right. *sigh*                    

Kismet

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 07:47:42 PM »
iv. Do you want to hold my hand or not? (2.f)

Hmm...I don't see a (2.f) response.                    

Vampyre Hamster

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 08:01:08 PM »
*phobic trying to remember how to do open/close tag symbols on msgboards because the last time she had to do that was in '98*

Oopses. Yes, I deleted the "Do you want to hold my hand or not?" option because I couldn't find anything to say at that point. ;)                    

Tsuru

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 05:51:56 AM »
I would *really* like some input on this. Would Sola initiate flirts at some point later in the romance? Testing out what he's learned of surfacer behavior? Or would he not do it?

Dashael

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 06:06:24 AM »
I think that after the banter/dialogs where Solaufein learns about surfacer flirting customs, he would be as eager to try it as he seems to be with other surfacer conventions he has encountered in Charname's company.

:lightbulb: We need a dialog triggered by getting Sola drunk at an inn ;)                    

Tsuru

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2003, 01:35:39 PM »
There is one in one my worksheet that would happen in an Inn and involves a drink or two. I'm still pondering over that one :)

Athena

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2003, 11:23:14 PM »
I would *really* like some input on this. Would Sola initiate flirts at some point later in the romance? Testing out what he's learned of surfacer behavior? Or would he not do it?
I think he would. Sola would probably consider initiating flirts an important part of learning about the concept of flirting, and also a good way to learn about the PC.

And I have a couple of Sola-initiated flirt ideas, so I really throw my support behind this.  :)                    

Tsuru

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2003, 11:24:23 PM »
And I have a couple of Sola-initiated flirt ideas, so I really throw my support behind this.  :)
                   Care to share them? :)

Athena

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2003, 11:28:46 PM »
*turns shy and ducks under table so only eyes can be seen*

Solaufein kisses the PC on the forehead.

*is nervous about sharing her ideas in public*                    

Tsuru

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2003, 11:31:18 PM »
*turns shy and ducks under table so only eyes can be seen*

Solaufein kisses the PC on the forehead.

*is nervous about sharing her ideas in public*
                   Don't be shy, that's a good one :) We just need to flesh it out. Remember, Sola-initiated flirts would only occur once, and can be more than a one-liner.                    

Athena

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2003, 11:33:43 PM »
I remember. :D

*starts the rare act of thinking*                    

Red

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2003, 07:42:16 AM »
Well it’s now lunch time and I’ve written all of one article (IT guy has been in fiddling around with my computer so I’ve been wandering vaguely round the office answering the occasional phone call...)

So I’ve had time to think Sola (like I don’t always anyway!) although I’m not really that happy with this one.

[Sola]
(sighs heavily) It is no good {CharName} I simply cannot do it!

[PC]
a Eh, do what? *go to 1*
b What is is Solaufein, what is the matter? *go to 1*
c Oh for the love of the gods! What are you brooding about this time? *go to 2*
d Terrible I’m sure but I really don’t have the time or the inclination to hear your depressing musings right now. *go to 3*

[Sola]
1 I had hoped to make you a gift of poetry {CharName}. I had thought that looking upon you would inspire me, but it seems it is not so.
[PC]
i Oh really? Am I really so unlovely that someone with a soul as poetic as yours cannot even string together a couplet for me? *go to 1B*
ii Thank the gods for that, your ramblings are painful to listen to. *go to 3*

2 Your tone is harsh {CharName}. Does my countenance really bother you so?
[PC]
i Actually yes, so back off and leave me in peace. *go to 3*
ii No, Solaufein, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it to come out like that. What’s on your mind. *go to 1*
iii No, Solaufein, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it to come out like that, I’m just not in the mood to talk right now. *go to 4*

3 I..I am sorry {CharName} I thought you enjoyed our discussions as much as I did. Forgive me, I will not trouble you further.

4 Of course {CharName}, perhaps we will speak of this another time.

[Sola]
1B No {CharName}, you misunderstand me. The truth is that I lack the words, in any language, to do justice to your grace.  No poetry could ever capture your true loveliness, it is as the gods breathed life into art and I can do nothing but stand and gape in awe.
Perhaps a man with more skill could fashion a blazon worthy of you, but I doubt it {CharName}.
[PC]
i (Blink back tears) *go to 2B*
ii Thank you Solaufein, that is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me. *go to 3B*
ii (make retching noises) Cut it out already! *go to 3*

2B
[Sola]
{CharName}, have I upset you? It was not my intention....
[PC]
i No it’s just that your flowery declarations are painful to hear. Fall back in line! *go to 3*
ii Tears are not always caused by sorrow Solaufein... (smile) *Go to 3B*

3B
[Sola]
To see you smile brings me such joy {CharName}. It seems I have accomplished my goal without the need for a poem to present to you.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2003, 12:37:29 PM »
Something about Sola's first line seems a bit off, but I can't put my finger on exactly why. Perhaps another response to his second line. *goes back to pondering*

Amazor'dra

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2003, 01:43:21 PM »
[Sola]
(sighs heavily) It is no good {CharName} I simply cannot do it!
Sola: I apologize [*charname*], I seem to not be able to find it!

How about this as a suggestion? (Could make it even worse, but but hey..)                    

Red

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2003, 01:44:45 PM »
I think I'll bow out and let you come up with a replacement - seems Sola isn't the only one who's muse has flown from him!                    

Amazor'dra

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2003, 01:47:42 PM »
Are you sure about allowing me to tinker with it? :P                    

Red

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2003, 01:49:56 PM »
Tinker away - I'm not going to jealously guard what I write  :)
For the good of the flirt pack and all that....

And as a side note that goes for everything I bash out - once posted it's public property.                    

[!--EDIT|Red|Feb 28 2003, 09:55 PM--]

Amazor'dra

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2003, 03:02:29 PM »
First tinkering:
Sola: I apologize [*charname*], I seem to not be able to find it!
PC:
1. What are you having trouble in finding? *go to Sola1a*
2. What is wrong, Solaufein? *go to Sola1a*
3. Oh for the love of the gods! What has you brooding this time? *go to Sola2a*
4. Yes, yes, a terrible thing. I don’t have the time or the inclination to hear your depressing musings right now. *go to Sola3a*

Sola1a:  I had hoped to present you with a gift of poetry [*charname*]. I had thought that just by gazing at you, your very image would inspire me, but it seems to not be so.
PC:
1b. Oh? Am I really so unlovely a creature to you that it cannot inspire your poetic soul?*go to Sola1c*
2b. Thank the gods for that, your rumblings are painful to listen to. *go to Sola3a*

Sola2a: Your tone makes a mockery of my thoughts, [*charname*]. Does my countenance really bother you so?
PC:
1c. Yes it does, so leave me be so I can find a measure of peace in your presence. *go to Sola3a*
2c. I apologize, Solafein. My dark thoughts made me speak harshly, it had nothing to do with you at all. What is on your mind? *go to Sola1a*
3c. I apologize, Solafein. My dark thoughts have made my words harsh, and speaking to anyone at this moment will cause me to lash out. *go to Sola4a*

Sola3a: I thought you enjoyed our discussions as much as I, yet is seems to not be the case. I will trouble you no further. [*END*]

Sola4a:  Of course [*charname*], perhaps we will speak of this another time.[*END*]

Sola1c: The truth is that poetic words cannot capture your grace to place it on simple paper. No poetry could ever capture your true loveliness. It is if the gods breathed life into art and I can do nothing but  gape in awe. It would take more than poetry to describe the beauty I see within you. The stars themselves would have to come down and fashion a blazon worthy of you, [*charname*].
PC:
1d. (Blink back tears) *go to Sola1e*
2d. Thank you Solaufein, that is the loveliest thing that has ever been said about me. *go to Sola2g*
3d. Enough! I have had to deal with too much sickening sweetness already! *go to Sola3a*

Sola1e: Have I upset you? It was not my intention in doing so.
PC:
1f. No, I am not upset. All your words are painful to listen to in all actuality. I want quiet right now, Solaufein, not more talking! *go to Sola3a*
2f. These tears that I shed are not caused by sorrow Solaufein... (smile) *go to Sola2g*

Sola2g:
To see you smile brings joy to my heart, [*charname*]. It seems that the stars have come down to visit you, but with the brilliance of your smile I did not notice.[*END*]
See anything that needs to be added/corrected?                    

[!--EDIT|Amazor'dra|Feb 28 2003, 01:44 PM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2003, 03:43:22 PM »
Looks good. Amazing what collaborations are producing here :)

Amazor'dra

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2003, 04:29:10 AM »
Question: (hey, it's been awhile...)

Does Sola ever ask about the PC's state of mind during the day? Something as simple as wondering if the PC was having a good day or not.                    

Tsuru

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2003, 04:30:45 AM »
No.. but that could be a good repeat Sola-initiated, methinks... a chance to cuddle or growl depending on your mood *grin*

Athena

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2003, 03:01:17 PM »
I really like that idea. Would it be possible to add some extra options depending on chapter or location or something? Like if he asks you how you're feeling in Sudanessellar, you could have a chance to tell him you're eager to fight Irenicus or you're scared of what will happen, et cetera?                    

[!--EDIT|Athena|Mar 2 2003, 03:03 PM--]

Tsuru

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2003, 03:05:10 PM »
It's just a matter of adding a line of code to it, yes. Easily done :)                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: