Author Topic: Interjection ideas  (Read 71354 times)

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2003, 12:36:48 AM »
From our wonderful Anon. comes an Elhan/Sola interjection:

Elhan1: You return. All has been relatively quiet…you parade a drow before me! Here!!!//goto PC1

Elhan1a: You return. All has been relatively quiet…you have a second drow in your company!//goto PC1- used only if Viconia is also in party

PC1: Successful foes of the drow in the Underdark are few. Where else would a renegade from that place be if not in my company?//goto Elhan2

Elhan2: You presume far too much of my trust in *you*, CHARNAME! Death will take you along with your drow!//goto Solaufein1

Solaufein1: Really, Captain! You sound like an hysterical child, affrighted by an insect.//goto Elhan3

Elhan3: Ha! Let your home be taken, your people slaughtered….//goto Solaufein2

Solaufein2: *My* people have been slaughtered. By CHARNAME. With assistance from myself.//goto Elhan4

Elhan4: NO! My people have suffered too much from yours. I will not permit you to live1//goto Solaufein3

Solaufein3: This not unexpected attitude was my reason for evading your attentions when we left this place. CHARNAME, however, persuaded me that my appearance by HIS/HER side in your city might distract from the effort against the enemy should I return as privily as I departed. You have nothing to gain from justifying my earlier apprehension.//goto Elhan5

Elhan5: I gain assurance that the enemy will not profit if you are a double-traitor! A spy!//goto PC2

PC2: Indeed. Irenicus holds Suldanesselar already. There I would go to settle my accounts with him. What would I or Solaufein spy upon in what, to him, is conquered territory?//goto Elhan6

Elhan6: You dare speak of Suldanesselar…//goto Solaufein4

Solaufein4: Since we *are* speaking of it, perhaps this might ease your mind somewhat.//goto Elhan7

Elhan7: The Rhynn Lanthorn! Then…we are not lost…not yet…//goto PC3

PC3: No. But we may be if we dither here much longer.//goto Elhan8

Elhan8: Yes. But…trust…I do not see how…//c6warsa11

c6warsa11: Sir! I have been attending to this conversation. ‘Tis my belief…nay, my certainty…that both CHARNAME and the drow speak truly to you.//goto c6warsa21

c6warsa21: I concur. I have also been…assessing CHARNAME. I do not believe that we have a sharper weapon in our arsenal to pierce the Shattered One’s heart.//goto Elhan9

Elhan9: My own heart is so torn between hope and fear that it must also shatter…//goto Elhan10

Elhan10: Then so be it! For good or ill, to Suldanesselar!!//end & to area2600 normally

---------

Comments, thoughts, or does everyone like it as much as I do? :)

Edited to fix typo in numbering!

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Feb 15 2003, 12:24 AM--]

Amazor'dra

Interjection ideas
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2003, 12:42:40 AM »
It's good, but....

Solaufein3: This not unexpected attitude was my reason for evading your attentions when we left this place. CHARNAME, however, persuaded me that my appearance by HIS/HER side in your city might distract from the effort against the enemy should I return as privily as I departed. You have nothing to gain from justifying my earlier apprehension.//goto Elhan5

...where is Elhan5 responce?
 :blink:                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2003, 12:45:12 AM »
...where is Elhan5 responce?
 :blink:
Ach, didn't even notice that.. oh Anon., dear? :)

I tend not to notice numbers till I'm actually coding *blush*

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Feb 14 2003, 11:45 PM--]

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2003, 12:45:23 AM »
It's not bad but the grammer is a bit rough...                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2003, 12:46:53 AM »
It's not bad but the grammer is a bit rough...
                   You've been around me too long ;)

I should clarify that this is a first draft, meant for posting for ideas and other thoughts on what else should be included.

Athena

Interjection ideas
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2003, 12:48:23 AM »
First off, I really do like it. :) I think the bad blood between the surface elves and the drow is very well portrayed.
My criticism is this: If you have Viconia in your party, Elhan seems very cool and collected. He becomes snappish, but he never looses his calm to the extent that he does here.
Now, understandably, his nerves have frayed while you were off collecting the Rhynn Lanthorn and other such things, but this seems a little off for him.
I can see him being angry and irritated, especially if Viconia is in the party, too, but I can't really see him loosing his cool as he does here.                    

Vampyre Hamster

Interjection ideas
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2003, 06:08:13 AM »
Re: Elhan Dialogue. Looks good.  :)
*Shudder* Numbering...bad....memories...calculus...aieeeeee!                    

Vampyre Hamster

Interjection ideas
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2003, 06:18:20 AM »
Re: Athena. I believe that Elhan is a desperate, and highly suspicious elf. Viconia was in the party before getting the Lanthorn, and his reactions then might've been tempered somewhat by the fact Vic goes on to have the geas. However, seeing the same party X time later, with yet another Drow, might push him a bit more than expected. It would look suspicious to have a second drow out of the blue, almost as if the PC's party wasn't some sort of spy outfit (and the dude sics mind readers at the PC before that just to make sure the PC isn't a spy, with or without Vic's help, which tells you a lot about how high strung these elves are).

However, I do agree with you on the point of the conversation being a bit snippier than it should be. At the same time, think that Solaufein's replies to Elhan balance it out. Solaufein manages to be his broody Vampire Hunter D-ish self, yet quite drow too (which is good, since I wonder if our flirts aren't making him sound a bit...human?). :blink:

Re: Tsuru. Don't worry bout what I said there. The Elhan dialogue you just posted sort of covered what I wanted to say.  :)                      

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2003, 06:24:17 AM »
However, I do agree with you on the point of the conversation being a bit snippier than it should be. At the same time, think that Solaufein's replies to Elhan balance it out. Solaufein manages to be his broody Vampire Hunter D-ish self, yet quite drow too (which is good, since I wonder if our flirts aren't making him sound a bit...human?). :blink:
                   I believe we're managing to maintain his Solaufein-ness in the flirts so far, but Wes will be the final judge of that. Which is why I want to get as many as possible in the file before I send it to him for final judgement, so we'll end up with a nice variety :)

The Elhan interjection does need some expanding, as the author says. And no it's not me :P

Vampyre Hamster

Interjection ideas
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2003, 07:37:44 AM »
Gah! Tsuru-sama, isn't it very early to be up?  :blink:

Oh no! *writes flirts frantically* How soon do you plan to send in that file?                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2003, 07:39:33 AM »
Gah! Tsuru-sama, isn't it very early to be up?  :blink:

Oh no! *writes flirts frantically* How soon do you plan to send in that file?
                   Ummm... I haven't gone to bed yet, save a nap hours ago :) Yeah, yeah... it's just one of those nights for me.

Not for a while yet, we have a long way to go! :D

SilverSage

Interjection ideas
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2003, 10:56:36 PM »
I would like to hear an opinion from one of the NPC's on the PC's relationship choice. Could be anything from "I'm glad you finally found someone you're happy with" to "You do realize your soul is going to be tormented in The Nine Hells for eternity for sleeping with a drow, right?"
They could at least notice and nicely ask you to go a little farther into the woods next time, just so you don't keep everyone else up all night.                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2003, 11:00:19 PM »
I would like to hear an opinion from one of the NPC's on the PC's relationship choice. Could be anything from "I'm glad you finally found someone you're happy with" to "You do realize your soul is going to be tormented in The Nine Hells for eternity for sleeping with a drow, right?"
They could at least notice and nicely ask you to go a little farther into the woods next time, just so you don't keep everyone else up all night.
I'm doing exactly that with several NPC's in my own Morgan NPC :)

Truly, I can see interjections from several of the NPC's if not all regarding any romance, and don't know why there weren't any to begin with. (Yes, Jason, I know.. Kelsey :) )

I don't *think* the stealth aspect Wes likes in the Sola romance would cover the non-romance NPCS noticing the Sola/PC romance. *goes back to pondering that one*

[!--EDIT|Tsuru|Feb 19 2003, 10:09 PM--]

Sphira

Interjection ideas
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2003, 11:31:24 PM »
In all respect to Wes-sama, it just doesn't seem realistic for the other NPCs not to say anything about it...                    

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2003, 04:10:37 AM »
about the geas thing. is it the kind of spell you can dispell?
a pretty good banter can be made about the geas:
if geas on sola was done
sola: i see that in spite of our adventures you still do not trust me

else: i thank you for earlier. i had no will to be controled by an other again, ....

my muse may not be very active today....                    

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2003, 06:06:09 AM »
I don't think it's that easy to get rid of a geas.  Even having a friendly caster try to dispel it should activate it rather than remove it.  After all, if a simple dispel could handle it, it would undercut the logic of the whole spell, no?                    

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2003, 06:20:02 AM »
true. but could it be possible to have elthan remove it later on in the game? it would be too easy to romance someone who's been geased to to be loyal to you, non?                    

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2003, 06:33:19 AM »
true. but could it be possible to have elthan remove it later on in the game? it would be too easy to romance someone who's been geased to to be loyal to you, non?
Good point.  I'd had a vague memory that Viconia's geas was somehow limited to getting Irenicus' scalp and freeing Suldanesselar but that isn't the case.  So, either Sola's geas should be more specific (so that it's ended with Irenicus' first death at the Tree) or the PC should certainly bring it up to Elhan or Ellisme during the end game.

Personally, though, my preference would be for a PC who'd stand up for Sola or Viccy more resolutely.  Something like, "OK.  You have so little trust in me or my friends, do your own damn dirty work.  We're going to town to get drunk!"                    

[!--EDIT|Hendryk|Feb 20 2003, 02:34 PM--]

Dashael

Interjection ideas
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2003, 07:13:42 AM »
Possibly you could exploit the precedent Sarevok sets up at the start of TOB, that in Bhaal's part of hell the will of the ruling Bhaalspawn has the effect of a Geas. Perhaps you could somehow use that to remove Sola and/or Vic's geas' once you got to Hell.

Or better still, have Elhan's lackeys attempt to place the geas and a dialog such as this would follow:

Elven Mage 1: My Lord Elhan, something unusual just happened.
Elhan: Out with it.
Elven Mage 2: Well as difficult as it is to believe sir...
Elven Mage 1: It appears the drow is already under a geas.
Elhan: Explain this drow.
Sola: I cannot, except to say that with all the force of my will I have bound my self to Charname's path and life, to betray him/her is to betray myself.
Elhan: I'm not sure I believe this drow.
Elven Mage 1: I'm afraid it doesn't matter my Lord...
Elven Mage 2: Whatever has bound his heart, it's stronger than any Geas we could cast.
Elhan: *sighs* I have no choice, you may go drow, but remain faithful to Charname and his/her goals, lest you meet your end.

Just an idea, might be a bit too strong for pre-commitment.                    

[!--EDIT|Dashael|Feb 21 2003, 12:18 AM--]

thecursed

Interjection ideas
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2003, 09:51:17 AM »
Just an idea, might be a bit too strong for pre-commitment.
                   afraid i'll have to agree with you on this. btw if you reach rep 18 after the geas on viccy, will she leave?

second idea: if sola was strong enough to break bonds with such a control freak society like the drow, could'nt he resist the geas, the feeling dashel quoted would be his hatred for his betheren, or maybe the trust of a demigod that you are?                    

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2003, 10:35:56 AM »
btw if you reach rep 18 after the geas on viccy, will she leave?

Looks that way.  The only actual effect on her seems to be something called FLASH1.  I can't find any spell called that and I'm guessing it's just a visual effect.  So, if you've been saving Chap. 2 quests for when you get Imoen back and one of these bumps your rep to 18, I'd bet Viccy's gone.

second idea: if sola was strong enough to break bonds with such a control freak society like the drow, could'nt he resist the geas, the feeling dashel quoted would be his hatred for his betheren, or maybe the trust of a demigod that you are?

The PC's got divine blood but isn't immortal (for sure!) and isn't the object of worship; therefore, not really a demigod.  And Sola's resisted drow social pressure; not the magical pressure of a geas.  I agree the thing's got to be tweaked but it would be nice to give the eventual player some choices here as well.  Either defy Elhan at once or press Ellesime afterwards to remove it; something to remind players that they're not just watching a movie.                    

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2003, 11:57:27 PM »
Okay, I have an official-Wes answer on the other NPC's commenting on Sola's romance with the PC. Let's go for it :) Thoughts, suggestions, actual interjections, anyone?                    

Hendryk

Interjection ideas
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2003, 03:42:03 AM »
Korgan:  Ach!  When did yer sense depart ye, CHARNAME, shinin' to that Underdark scut as ye do?  

PC:  Some things are none of your damn business, dwarf.  This is one of them.

Korgan: Ah, ye could've picked worse, I expect.  Leastways he can fence a bit 'n' call the odd crittur when wanted.                    

[!--EDIT|Hendryk|Feb 21 2003, 11:43 AM--]

Tsuru

Interjection ideas
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2003, 03:44:17 AM »
*giggle*                    

Niz

Interjection ideas
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2003, 04:32:52 AM »
I'll leave the actual dialogs up to you but Aerie dislikes the idea of having Viccy in the party so methinks she definetly wouldn't like you to romance sola, especially if the PC is male.  Real question is: would she leave the party over it ?                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: