Author Topic: Dialogue ideas  (Read 92303 times)

kozand

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2003, 05:08:08 PM »
I suggest u consult Saphire in regards of Chinchilla. I and Sphira combined our efforts. Otherwise many good but conflicting dialogues will deter Wes and us to append them to Sola.

Lil Angel (pleased to meet u!) your avatar is very very very pretty. If u have an unedited jpege send me. I have one friend who would love it as a gift!

SapphireDragon

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2003, 08:14:07 PM »
Lil Angel (pleased to meet u!) your avatar is very very very pretty. If u have an unedited jpege send me. I have one friend who would love it as a gift!
oh thankyou!  :) Im glad you like it.   Sure I'll send it to you :D  :)  

PetiteAngel2

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #377 on: April 13, 2003, 08:16:20 PM »
eeepp! sisters sn! *switches to correct sn*

Tsuru

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2003, 08:18:40 PM »
*pushes reset button*

Back to dialogue ideas/workshopping please :)

PetiteAngel2

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2003, 08:44:51 PM »
oppps sorry.  ::looks at cat muse:: cmon you heard her.  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2003, 09:00:55 PM by PetiteAngel2 »

Mikka

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2003, 08:54:25 PM »
(Psst- Tenchi Muyo was a manga ('comic') series first, and then the OAV's (original animated video's- 'movies') came out.  THEN the regular TV series, which isn't nearly as good as the manga and OAV's in most people's opinion (especially because it's not very 'cannon'.  Messing with Tenchi-kun, BAH!)

Dialogue, dialogue.  Hmm... most drow have big families.  Does he mention anywhere anything about siblings he might or might not have had?  He could make wishful comparisons of Imeon and /CHARNAME\'s relationship and his own.  Um... maybe asking why the PC allowed Sarevok to travel along with them?  Those are really just standerd dialogs, though.  Something more Sola like... mm... ugh. -_-  I don't know.  Banter about why the PC chose the class(es) they did.  Talk about the nature of gods and goddesses, and how strongly Sola believes in his Goddess.  Ask Sola what he would do if he was made a god (I guess that's more of a TOB dialog).  Ask why those stupid drow in the arena were considered so powerful when you and your party killed your way through them so easily (no, wait, that's probably not a good one).  Talk about those evil revenge spiders and their stupid instant kill ability (no, wait, not that either).  Err... talk about getting drunk.  Sola's con isn't that high, is it?  Heh.  Err...
Okay, so I can't come up with anything good.  Oi. -_-

Tsuru

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2003, 09:15:23 PM »
Actually there are no siblings dialogues that I know of. Sphira and I didn't touch on that in the Sola and Phaere sittin' in a tree history. So it's possible :)

Tenma

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2004, 08:36:01 PM »
Um...just my input on naming the Chinchilla. You might want to reconsider Chichi as an option, seeing as chichi mean breast in Japanese. Not that Japan exists in the Forgotten Realms...but for the sake of any Japanese-savvy players.

Another thing I was considering as I was reading past posts. I think, considering his background, Sola would definitely act differently depending on the character's gender.

If female, he would probably at first be timid in romancing her, but would eventually gain confidence in his relationship.

As for a male PC...is anyone still entertaining the idea of Sola having had male lovers in the past? He would be more confident regardless, and treat the PC as an equal from the start. Then comes the problem of deciding whether he's the dominant type or not.

By the way, have any of these dialogues been put up for download yet?

Athena

Dialogue ideas
« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2004, 09:09:58 PM »
Another thing I was considering as I was reading past posts. I think, considering his background, Sola would definitely act differently depending on the character's gender.

If female, he would probably at first be timid in romancing her, but would eventually gain confidence in his relationship.

Some of this stuff is being handled in flirts. :)

By the way, have any of these dialogues been put up for download yet?

I think the last new dialogue was one from Vampire Hamster, quite some time ago.
I'm not sure how many of these dialogues have been sent to Wes, and from there he has to approve them, code them, and add them in. Hopefully we'll see some new content soon. :)

Offline Riviera

• Insanity and Randomness Incarnate
  • Planewalker
Re: Dialogue ideas
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2006, 10:15:24 PM »
For some reason, it's always bothered me that there was never the 'fill the npc in on the past' dialogue that you get with all the other ones. It's insinuated that the group tells Sola about the PC and Imoen being bhaalspawn, that they are after Irenicus and Bodhi to get their souls back, and the like, but you never actually see the conversation. I'd really like to have that in there. Maybe even a little side note about the slayer business. All these things really should be told to a group member, regardless. If I can think up a good way of putting it, I'll post it up. *nodnod*

And if someone else had this idea and it's been done or thought about already, I apologize in advance.

Another thing.. it also really niggled at me that Sola accepts you helping him so easily if you are an elf/half elf. Wouldn't a surface elf have the LEAST reason to help a drow? Well, they might be more likely to help than a fellow drow would be, but it is odd that he doesn't make a comment of some sort.

Like.. say..

Sola: "But.. you are of the surface elves... why would you help a drow?"

1. You've done nothing to harm me. I have no reason to follow through with this order.

2. It's a long story, but suffice to say I don't share the rest of my people's prejudice towards the drow. (this could link to a discussion about some things that happened in BG1.. maybe)

3. None of your business, just be glad I AM helping you.

Sola: "I see." (cuts back to the rest of the dialogue)

Another issue that'd be great to bring up is.. well. The entire time the PC knows Sola in SOA.. s/he doesn't have his/her soul. A good TOB dialogue would be a discussion about their relationship, and how/if things are going to change now that they have their soul back. Being soulless has to do something to a person, regardless of gender and race. It is a very real possibility that a relationship founded during such a time might falter, or even break when things return to normal.

I can't waaaaaaaaaaait for this to come out. Sola is one of my favorite NPCs. He's one of the few that makes me think about all those debates he has with the PC. Really nifty thinking there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:32:01 AM by Riviera »
NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

Note that they are all elves <3

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: