Author Topic: Flirt ideas  (Read 102138 times)

Niz

Flirt ideas
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2003, 03:37:37 PM »
I think it's mostly temperature difference, so you best not let this dialog come up when you're standing on the lava for Blackrazor.   [_[                    

thecursed

Flirt ideas
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2003, 04:02:22 PM »
I think it's mostly temperature difference, so you best not let this dialog come up when you're standing on the lava for Blackrazor.   <_<
                   should sola be blind in that case? anyhow you are right. the images you see through IR glasses are computer arranged so you can tell the different temperatures. now back to subject: .... btw change in body temperature can be a sign of ceratin feelings....                    

Sphira

Flirt ideas
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2003, 05:50:47 PM »
I dunno if this is changed from 2nd edition but in third edition drow have 'dark vision' rather than 'low light vision' which I think is more like the infrared vision of BG. A drow can see about as well as a normal human could in low light. I'd have to dig out the monster's manual to confirm it. And from what players say, dark vision is black and white, not predator vision.                    

Dashael

Flirt ideas
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2003, 06:51:30 PM »
No disrespect to those with a better knowledge of realmslore and D&D rules than I, but should we not go by what we see in the game? Infravision just being a reddened version of the outward surface                    

Caedwyr

Flirt ideas
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2003, 07:43:38 PM »
No disrespect to those with a better knowledge of realmslore and D&D rules than I, but should we not go by what we see in the game? Infravision just being a reddened version of the outward surface
Yes, but the red outline is just the representation of the infrared vision.

From what is described in the Homeland Drizzt trilogy, infravision basically lets the drow see in the dark as humans see in normal light.  Of course if the PC were hotter than normal for some reason.....  Solaufein would definately pick that up.

Tsuru: Finally decided to stop lurking around this forum and join in the conversation.  :lol:

To clear up what you can see in infrared, I'll describe what you see with an infrared camera.

In my physics class, the professor used an infrared camera and an infrared flashlight.  With the lights off and the camera pointing at the class, the image on the screen appeared to be of the classroom filmed in black and white with the lights on.  The people in the room appeared to be glowing, while the inanimate objects seemed to be in shadows/darkness.  Spots where people had been laying on the desks had a lighter glow.  The instructor then turned the infrared flashlight on.  When looking at the flashlight, it didn't seem to be doing anything, but when you looked at the screen it was lighting up the room like a normal flashlight.

Something else to note is that because colours are caused by different wavelengths of light in the visible spectrum, there shouldn't be any reason why the same wouldn't happen in the infrared spectrum.

I hope this little description helps.                    

[!--EDIT|Caedwyr|Feb 20 2003, 03:52 AM--]

Sphira

Flirt ideas
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2003, 10:26:01 PM »
                   I'm hardly an expert! :lol: I've got gotten that info beaten in my head by REAL expert players who tolerate a simple chick-a-dee like me. :D

Athena

Flirt ideas
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2003, 12:06:33 AM »
*walks into forum; Darth Vader theme begins playing*

Oh, very funny, Tsuru.

Tsuru--*checks notes*--excuse me, she changed my speech so her title is now 'The Great and All Powerful Tsuru'--has ordered me to come in here and post my two flirt ideas. So here I am.

The first flirt I'm working on--resting your head on Sola's shoulder--is one I'm having the most trouble with. I've got a lot of the actions planned, I'm just having trouble with the dialogue.
If anybody would like to PM me or Instant Message me via Yahoo (I'm athena_persephone) then I would love some help with this one.

Soon after posting this, Sphira came to the rescue. :D Still, if anybody has any ideas they'd still like to share, please feel free to contact me.

The second flirt is the one I'm practically done with, and it's a Sola-initiated one where he kisses the PC on the forehead.

There. That's my status report.

*walks out of forum; Jaws theme begins playing*

Oh, very funny, Tsuru.                    

[!--EDIT|Athena|Feb 20 2003, 12:24 AM--]

Tsuru

Flirt ideas
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2003, 12:13:36 AM »
*sighs in her best "I am soooo maligned" manner* How she gets ordered out of pleading for her to post to see if someone stirs her muse...  :lol:

I like both ideas, myself.  

Athena

Flirt ideas
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2003, 12:22:13 AM »
*grins*

It made the post funnier. ;)

And you can always decide I made it up to you by renaming you The Great and All-Powerful Tsuru. :D                    

Hendryk

Flirt ideas
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2003, 01:58:24 AM »
If PC is a cleric, cast Zone of Sweet Air halfway between yourself and Solaufein, then approach him:

possible Sola responses;

1.   smile & say  “Do you ward us against the effects of exertions past…or of exertions to come?”
2.   say:  “Ingenious.  I infer we have not time for two baths so the later one must do for all.”
3.   say:  “Haste and hurry; such is the surfacer way.  And I am learning to appreciate your usages.”
4.   smile & say:  “Mmmm.  Most refreshing…as a prelude.”

Tsuru

Flirt ideas
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2003, 02:07:15 AM »
:lol:  Good one, Hendryk! I swear you have one of the hardest working muses around this place ... perhaps she should give lessons to the lazier ones.  :)                    

Hendryk

Flirt ideas
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2003, 02:16:31 AM »
If I have a muse, I've never met her.  I simply steal ideas - even from myself if a better source is lacking.                    

Hendryk

Flirt ideas
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2003, 02:33:45 AM »
If PC is a mage, cast ‘invisibility’ on Solaufein and grope towards him in exaggerated blind man’s bluff fashion;

possible Sola responses:

1.   A chuckle, then his disembodied voice says:  “Shall we experiment, then, as to what this cantrip considers an ‘attack’ to be?”
2.   A mock-mournful tone replies:  “Is my visage so hideous to you as *that*, my love?”
3.   Say.  “As you would have it…”  A strong arm locks about your waist from behind.
4.   A brief murmur then your vision shifts as you also become invisible.  Say:  “To play at children’s phantoms needs two, my LORD/LADY.”

Tsuru

Flirt ideas
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2003, 02:54:00 AM »
And even more fodder for discussion. Personally, I like them, as I like all Hendryk's Sola-writing. Thoughts, flirt crew? :)

Hendryk

Flirt ideas
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2003, 02:55:04 AM »
If PC is a mage, cast ‘mirror image’ on self and stroll towards Solaufein

possible Sola responses:

1.   Say:  “Oh, bounteous joy!  For all woes, five-fold repaid!”
2.   Say:  “Since I am clearly outnumbered, I bow to your will, my LORD/LADY.”
3.   Say:  “To sort the True and False about you is an intriguing task.  I shall begin at once.”
4.   Solaufein mumbles briefly and a ‘reflected image’ of him appears.  Say:  “A poor repayment for your effort, dear heart, but the best this poor, sun-struck drow can effect.”

Athena

Flirt ideas
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2003, 02:56:48 AM »
*giggle*

I think something could definitely be done with the mirror image and invisibility flirts.  :)                    

Sphira

Flirt ideas
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2003, 05:21:39 PM »
*mutters and points down*                    

[!--EDIT|Sphira|Feb 20 2003, 06:28 PM--]

Sphira

Flirt ideas
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2003, 05:26:32 PM »
Not as good as Henny's flirts, but I might inspire someone else. :D
Speaking of Henny's flirts, I like the invisibility flirt lots. ^_^

Notably, I think the female flirt option is a little lacking, any thoughts to improve that one will be gladly accepted!

=

Heavy/Medium Thief Flirt (post-Nookie)

(Silently you pick up your pace to hide in the shadows and the group follows to where you disappeared to, accustomed to you scouting ahead for enemies or traps. As Solaufein passes by you leave the shadows and catch him from behind.)
-
Male PC
(You surprise Solaufein by wrapping your arms about his chest and pull him in close to your body so his back molds against your chest.)

Sola
(For a moment he freezes, his muscles tense in preparation to throw you off when he realizes it's just you.)

PC
(Solaufein remains tense as you hold him for a moment before nudging him from behind. He shudders very slightly and relaxes before you squeeze him tightly and whisper "I love you." in his ear. Then you let go and take his hand.)

Sola
(He lets out a slow breath.) Did I ever tell you how much I hate that? (He chuckles softly and squeezes your hand.)

PC
I. Nope. (Grins) {A1}
II. A million times, and you -know- you like it. {A2}

Sola
A1] Why do I have the feeling this little trick won't be the last or I'm just repeating myself? (He sighs and kisses your knuckles.)

PC
I. (You smirk and continue on.) [end flirt]

Sola
A2] One of these days I will react like a proper drow to getting caught off guard like that, you know. (Solaufein sighs darkly.)
I. I'll take my chances on that, love. [end flirt]

{End Male Flirt}
-

Female PC
(As Solaufein passes, you grab his arm and pull him towards you in the shadows away from the eyes of others.)

Sola
(Not knowing his captor Solaufein starts to pull away, his body almost moves like liquid yet you have the advantage of the situation.) Streea pholor dos ra-!

PC
(You intrupt Solaufein's oath by kissing him eagerly and wrap your arms about his neck before he can react to his promise. His body is tense and trembling as he realizes who caught him off guard. But eventually he kisses back though his body still shakes.)

Sola
(As you pull away, Solaufein's face becomes grim as you smile lightly up to him.) Why did you that? I could of killed you! (He holds you tight against him, still trembling.)

PC
(You smile softly to the worried drow.) No, you wouldn't. I know you and you know I'm skilled enough to pull this off. You need to lighten up just a little, you worry me.

Sola
(Solaufein holds you for a moment longer before start tickling his sides. He laughs and lets you go.) You know, you're going to be the death of me, little olplyn.
{End Female Flirt}
--

*goes off to see if she can help Athena, now*                    

Athena

Flirt ideas
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2003, 05:44:35 PM »
*pokes head out from under table*

I like it. I really do, Sphira. :D

*returns to her writing*                    

thecursed

Flirt ideas
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2003, 07:41:41 PM »
you've done it again. honest, i'm not just suking up.                    

Hendryk

Flirt ideas
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2003, 03:27:28 AM »
Well, Henny really likes Sphira's flirts.  So does Youngman, although I'm probably the only one here old enough to remember him.

One of reasons I like them is that it sets a tone of immediacy; of something actually happening at the moment.  This is something I simply can't do myself which is why mine seem like extracts from someone's essay on role-playing games.  That makes it really tough for me to offer suggestions, though, so I'll limit myself to one: telling Sola, of all people, to "lighten" up might yield some unintentional humor.  Who does the PC think he is, Michael Jackson?                    

Tsuru

Flirt ideas
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2003, 09:50:13 PM »
Come on, y'all must have more comments/suggestions for this thing :) I want to get it to Wes sometime this century..  :lol:                    

Athena

Flirt ideas
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2003, 10:26:31 PM »
Sometime *this* century? Oh crap. *runs to try to get refunds on all the copies of 'Become a Lich in Thirty Days' she bought for the flirt crew*

I'm working, I swear. The loud music and laughter you think you hear coming from under the table is all in your imagination. I'm too busy working on flirts to host any parties. Really, I am.  :)                    

Tsuru

Flirt ideas
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2003, 10:29:02 PM »
Now I *know* I'm distracted... I meant to put that in the dialogues topic ... ack!  :lol:                    

Sphira

Flirt ideas
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2003, 11:28:17 PM »
I've got an idea... a druid or a ranger sees a type of of mild aphrodisiac and suggests giving it to Solaufein, and the poor boy has no clue, it being a sufracer plant and all. *smiles*                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: