Author Topic: Flirts progress  (Read 39836 times)

Noctalys

Re: Flirts progress
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 04:54:27 PM »
um...hi, i'm new here, so i'm not exactly sure how to speak to you or whatnot.... I was just wondering, did the flirt pack die?  From the date of the last post, it seems that it has.  Please say it isn't so!  Oh, and if it isn't dead, could you maybe make a  beta version of the flirt pack available for testing maybe? Or  is one already available?  Have I just made a complete ass of myself?  *sigh* oh well. now to commit seppuku to return my honor.

Offline Meira

• Planewalker
  • I'm the snow on your lips
    • Amber's Home
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2005, 05:18:01 PM »
No, there is no beta available, not a public one at least.  :-[ Last what I heat Tsuru had some major real life issues, but was still not willing to give the project for someone else to finish. I don't know if there has been any change to the situation since.  :-\

Noctalys

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »
Thanks for that update, as I was starting to worry.  Now I kind of feel like I was being inconsiderate.  I send Tsuru waves of pixellated empathy!  Hope she feels better.

Offline Amazordra

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 10:06:06 PM »

As usual, the pack is not dead. Progress has mainly been handled via e-mail, which is why there's been no traffic on the boards.

Tsuru did mostly hand the reins over to a few other people, but RL and coding issues continue to slow things down. As usual, there's no ETA. We're very sorry for the long wait, but there's honestly been no avoiding it.

Jolyth, your flirts have been removed, as per your request.

~Athena
Vivent les morts!

Offline RavenBlack

• Planewalker
    • MySpace
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005, 11:20:56 PM »
I, for one, am just happy to know that this hasn't been abandoned :)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 09:09:51 AM »
Jolyth, your flirts have been removed, as per your request.
Jolyth strikes again?  Tsk.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Minarvia

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2005, 08:31:08 PM »
I, too, am glad that this project is not dead and just slowed due to RL.  I was a little worried when no-one responded to my thread but now that's okay.  I'll definately be here for the finished product!

Noctalys

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2005, 10:15:59 PM »
*Hides in the shadows, then sneaks in quietly.  Looks around to see that no one is around, and once this is verified, does the Solaufein Rain Dance to wish the programmers godspeed in her own strange way.* 

Offline Eyvindr

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2005, 03:15:30 AM »

As usual, the pack is not dead. Progress has mainly been handled via e-mail, which is why there's been no traffic on the boards.

Awh! I'm glad too. I was somewhat sure I will never see anything new about this... Could you please update this topic a bit more often? So we can see if there's a point in waiting for you! This silence is a bit... disturbing.

Offline Minarvia

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 07:50:27 PM »
Eyvindyr wrote - Awh! I'm glad too. I was somewhat sure I will never see anything new about this... Could you please update this topic a bit more often? So we can see if there's a point in waiting for you! This silence is a bit... disturbing.

Disturbing?  You are absolutely right.  Hearing the sound of lonely crickets and nothing else always makes me wonder if a great mod is dying...

Noctalys

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2005, 08:24:25 PM »
*Sighs* yeah, you got that right. *Watches a single emaciated cricket silently weep in the corner*

Offline Minarvia

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2005, 08:18:19 PM »
*Sighs* yeah, you got that right. *Watches a single emaciated cricket silently weep in the corner*

"Sighs".  That is so...sad!!!  :'(  One forlorn cricket weeping in the corner -  Solaufein would DEFINATELY be moved to poetry by this. 
I wonder if a first version is nearly ready?  I know that quality is important, but for Sola I would be willing to risk a few typos.  :)

Offline rotschopf

• The Drow
  • Planewalker
  • Resident Evil
    • TDDM ~ For Darkness is thy Kingdom
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 02:47:04 AM »
Give 'em lasses some time, luvs. I'm sure they're still working on it, but as we all know first hand-- Life's a bitch and she's back in heat.

Take care!

luv & hugs
The Drow
"She moved." -- The Drow after killing a 9-year-old girl with one shot.

Noctalys

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2005, 09:25:16 PM »
HAHAHAHA!

Oh, blast.

I admire the thrust of your penetrating argument, Rotschopf The Drow.

But you know, if patience weren't such a highly touted virtue, I would probrably have more of it....

*Cheers on modders* Go you!

Offline Minarvia

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2005, 03:06:11 AM »
Sigh...I do know about real life and all...but hasn't this project been in the works for a couple years???  Please don't ban me...it's just that I can't help being a bit eager.  Goodness knows that I have my own life and problems and realize that others have theirs...but the silence on something that is a flirt pact and not a full-fledged mod does trouble me. 
I know that there may be some angry responses...but I'm not unsympathetic to real life...believe me.  When I see the 'Kari the Kobold' mod at COM coming along so fast and I see this and Calien...I just can't help but wonder if the mod is dying and no-one wants to admit it.
Please...a real progress report?  Such as...is SOA portion done and there is only TOB?  Or is there more to this mod than I realize?  IE...A storyline about Sola and Phaerae???  (Ugh...let old loves die)
Or something?  Anything???

Offline rotschopf

• The Drow
  • Planewalker
  • Resident Evil
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 04:22:19 AM »
Sigh...I do know about real life and all...but hasn't this project been in the works for a couple years???  Please don't ban me...it's just that I can't help being a bit eager.  Goodness knows that I have my own life and problems and realize that others have theirs...but the silence on something that is a flirt pact and not a full-fledged mod does trouble me. 
I know that there may be some angry responses...but I'm not unsympathetic to real life...believe me.  When I see the 'Kari the Kobold' mod at COM coming along so fast and I see this and Calien...I just can't help but wonder if the mod is dying and no-one wants to admit it.
Please...a real progress report?  Such as...is SOA portion done and there is only TOB?  Or is there more to this mod than I realize?  IE...A storyline about Sola and Phaerae???  (Ugh...let old loves die)
Or something?  Anything???

Luv, I do understand what you're talking 'bout. Honestly. But even a FlirtPack takes a lot of time, especially if you don't have that much time to work on it. I can only speak for myself, of course, but if you haven't worked on something for a long time, it takes some effort to get into things again (like understanding your own code).

But yeah, a pre-version would be nice indeed.

Take care!

luv & hugs
The Drow

Offline Amazordra

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
The message monkey hath returned.  ;D

Those in charge of this flirt pack sent Wes an email with a bunch of questions awhile ago, though we haven't gotten a response from him, which probably means the email got lost somewhere. We've just sent him a duplicate email not too long ago... but the pack is pretty much on hold until certain questions get addressed. Thank you Rotschopf and others for the continued support.

~quoting herself
Vivent les morts!

Noctalys

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2005, 12:40:28 AM »
I'm just grateful to you lasses and lads for taking the time to create this.  Long time or no, I believe it will truly add a new dimension to the mod.  I'm willing to wait, especially since you are taking care to work close with the creator to keep the Original Solaufein Flavor*tm intact. Oh, and thanks for the update, by the way. *Cheers modders on with irrational exuberance*

Offline rotschopf

• The Drow
  • Planewalker
  • Resident Evil
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2005, 04:04:58 AM »
Thank you Rotschopf and others for the continued support.

You're most welcome, luv. That's what I'm here for *snugs*

Take care!

luv & hugs
The Drow

Noctalys

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 08:20:32 PM »
Hey!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello as well as cheer you on so....

*cheer*   ;D

Noctalys

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2005, 04:53:44 PM »
Hey!  Um....Did Wes ever get that e-mail?

Amazor'dra

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2005, 04:58:45 PM »
Yes, we sent the message to him over a month ago. So far, there has been no response.

~too lazy to log on

Noctalys

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2005, 04:03:09 PM »
Yes, we sent the message to him over a month ago. So far, there has been no response.

~too lazy to log on

*sob*  I shall keep hoping, however.

Noctalys

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2006, 12:07:13 PM »
Just me again, popping in to say hi.  I do have a question, however.  If Wes ever does get that email and you can get restarted on the flirtpack, how long do you guess it will take to finish?  And will it be only flirts, or will any of the dialogues I found on a couple of these threads be added as well?

....I'm sorry, I have an insatiable curiosity and low marks in the patience area.  I really hope I'm not annoying you all with my questions. 

Anyway, thanks for keeping the flirtpack going and not letting it die!  ;D

Offline Eyvindr

• Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2006, 12:06:10 PM »
You know, something bothers me here. I wrote a letter to Wes a coupple of months ago about something else,  and he never answered.  You got no reply either. What if he is no longer concerned about this mod, or simply he is tired with all of us, I wonder...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: