Author Topic: Spell triggers and contingencies  (Read 1003 times)

Ashan

Spell triggers and contingencies
« on: February 13, 2003, 06:16:21 AM »
Is it possible, and if so, should it be done? There's some very powerful strategic options if they are implemented...

Additionally, now that I've got thinking about spells that weren't carried over between the Infinity Engine games, would it be possible to put some IWD/IWD2 spells into BG2? Some suggestions:
1. Seven Eyes - love the concept of this spell.
2. Cloud of Pestilence - there aren't enough evil spells to begin with.
3. Soul Eater - again, nice concept, and a satisfying masterstroke in lengthy battles.
4. Executioner's Eyes - divination got the thin end of the wedge in BG2, IMHO. Saving True Sight, of course, but that's about it. More criticals is never a bad thing.
5. Mass Dominate - could prove highly useful, especially when combined with Malison and used on one of the Throne of Bhaal "hordes-of-foes-charging-at-you" style of battles.
Likewise, clerics can be buffed up with Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, Unceasing Endurance, and Static Charge (indoor Call Lightning) etc.

Finally, how about a Protection from Good/Magic Circle against Good spell? Evil parties should appreciate it when dealing with annoying law enforcement types that try and hunt them down, and plenty of enemy clerics would find it invaluable at the start of a battle with a good-aligned party.

Granted, they aren't original, but they *are* useful. What do you think?                    

Kish

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 10:30:56 AM »
Finally, how about a Protection from Good/Magic Circle against Good spell? Evil parties should appreciate it when dealing with annoying law enforcement types that try and hunt them down, and plenty of enemy clerics would find it invaluable at the start of a battle with a good-aligned party.
                   The law enforcement in Athkatla is evil.  Occasionally (fighting against Radiant Heart knights, mostly) Protection from Good spells might come in handy...but mostly, they'd be a spell only enemies would get use out of, like Unholy Blight.                    

Ashan

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 07:24:43 AM »
Well, the idea came to me from playing IWD2. Yuan-ti priests would cast Protection from Evil before fighting me... a good-aligned party. Pretty odd, since the spell is useless against me, and that the yuan-ti and their allies are all evil anyway, so it only acts to work against them. Now, Protection from Good (or Law or Chaos) would be useful. Even if only enemies could get some mileage out of it, it would still work suprisingly well. Even if the other ideas are disregarded, I think this should be made - say, in the Spell-50 or Ease-of-Use mods. It would help towards tipping the balance away from solely good parties. I think.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: