Author Topic: Improved Ideas  (Read 14274 times)

jeremiah

Improved Ideas
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2003, 02:17:13 PM »
jeremiah, sorry for my reply I misunderstood your post.
                   No problem.  Unfortunately, the party I am using has already gone to ToB and I will probably archive a save to be used with the RTW mod when it comes out (since the main PC is an Inquisitor seems fitting).

However that is not to say I won't try out your harder battles with a new party in the near future.  Looking forward to your efforts.                    

Assassin

Improved Ideas
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2003, 07:12:31 PM »
I think I might use your mod, but could you give me sort of an experience range for each battle?  I mean, I'm in ToB, and attacking Mencar and co. is just mean.  I have a million and a half archived saves (actually, more like 50), and there's one for every... oh, about half a million experience.  In short, I can beta-test, and Tyrus knows my e-mail :)  If he forgot, it's goldrush945@hotmail.com

*edit* stupid me, forgot to read Moonfruit's post.  Ah well... consider this later, when you are thinking about the beta-testing...                    

[!--EDIT|Assassin|Mar 22 2003, 03:13 AM--]

Moonfruit

Improved Ideas
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2003, 01:13:19 AM »
I think I might use your mod, but could you give me sort of an experience range for each battle?  I mean, I'm in ToB, and attacking Mencar and co. is just mean.
The combined XP of Mencar's group (excl. the Imp) has been upped to ~10 Million, and I guess that a good level to attack them would be around 11 - 13 depending on your knowledge of the game and it's various tactics.

I don't want to give you this info for all the battles because it might spoil a few surprises (like the Elder Brain), but you can judge the difficulty through the Readme file.                    

[!--EDIT|Moonfruit|Mar 22 2003, 09:15 AM--]

Moonfruit

Improved Ideas
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2003, 01:16:56 AM »
Improved Sarevok

Give Wraith Sarevok some buddies.... like Tomoko, Semaj, Angelo, Tazok, and the rest of his BG1 goons.
                   I never got to finish BGI cause my CD2 is corrupt, so could someone please give me the stats of Sarevok's goons so that I can implement them more accurately.                    

evildevil

Improved Ideas
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2003, 09:27:23 AM »
According to ShadowKeeper (since BG1 isnt installed right now), his goons in one of the Pocket Plane fights (with your PC as Sarevok) is (str/dex/con/int/wis/cha:

Tazok (same as the Tazok in Windspear Hills): 20/18/19/9/9/9; Orcish Chaotic Evil Male Fighter

Tamoko: 18 (str+ 50)/17/16/9/12/14; Human Lawful Neutral Female Kensai

Angelo: 18 (str + 40)/1815/12/1616; Human Chaotic Evil Male Fighter/Thief

Semaj: 12/10/9/15/15/9; Human Chaotic Evil Mage

I cant help with the others that would be nice to have to fight...Mulahey the cleric of Nashkel mines. The Chill Hobgoblin Ardenor Crush, the Black Talon Leader Taugosz Khosann, Britik the gnoll, Raemon the bandit, Ventk the mage and Hakt the hobgoblin archer of the Bandit Camp. Slyth the thief and Krystin the mage of the Underceller in Baldur's Gate. Davaeorn the mage of the Cloakwood Mines.                    

Tyrus

Improved Ideas
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2003, 09:29:40 AM »
Here a few other components that will be added to the new mod:

1- Improved Shade Lord
2- Improved Trademeet Crypt

So far the Jae'llat, Shade Lord, Trademeet Crypt are the only components made by me that work properly (on my computer). It's taking alot of work to get the Firkraag, Drizzt and Roenall components to work 100%.

Concerning Lord Jierdan's weapons, (which you will be able to get after killing him) it seems to be that a Bastard sword dual Flial is what people want, (from IU_Ideas topic).  I may need a few original ideas concerning these items.                    

Moonfruit

Improved Ideas
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2003, 11:03:18 AM »
Concerning Lord Jierdan's weapons, (which you will be able to get after killing him) it seems to be that a Bastard sword dual Flial is what people want, (from IU_Ideas topic).  I may need a few original ideas concerning these items.
                   How about the following (perhaps evildevil could make up some descriptions):

Bastard Sword +4: Virtue's Defiance

15% Chance of causing target to Panic
5% Chance to cast Unholy Blight on target
Permanent Prot. from Good (to be invented)
Cast Harm, Cause Serious Wounds & Cause Crit. Wounds 1x/day each

THAC0: +4
Damage: 2D4 +4

Flail +4: Immolation of the Sacred

15% Chance to drain 1 level from target
10% Chance to fully heal wielder
5% Chance to Maze target
Cast Delorous Decay & Sunfire 1x/day each

Damage: 1D8 +4, +1D5 Fire

Sound interesting?                    

evildevil

Improved Ideas
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2003, 11:12:06 AM »
I definitely like Virtue's Defiance. The chance of fully healing the weilder with the flail seems interesting, but seems to lack any negativity. Maybe only usable by Evil Aligned, then it'd be perfect in my opinion.                    

Moonfruit

Improved Ideas
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2003, 12:02:17 PM »
Maybe only usable by Evil Aligned, then it'd be perfect in my opinion.
Forgot to mention:

Both items only usable by Evil aligned Fighters [edited] and Fallen Rangers/Paladins.

Tyrus suggests a minimum STR req. of 21 or 22 for the items, but that limits their use until you have a STR girdle or get a Tear of Bhaal, so perhaps a min STR req. of 18-00?                    

[!--EDIT|Moonfruit|Mar 22 2003, 08:04 PM--]

mitchmc

Improved Ideas
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2003, 12:35:58 PM »

10% Chance to fully heal wielder
5% Chance to Maze target

Sound interesting?

I  got crap for suggesting an upgrade to the staff of the Magi cus it was to overpowered ?? :huh:

Lets see at five attacks per round ( weapons specialization and imp haste ) you would
On average, be fully healed every couple of rounds drop your target a level every other round and do how much damage each round (especially with a good belt and/or potion)   ?? *Rolls his eyes *??

Sorry……..I need another java this am   :lol: ..but this would count as a super uber weapon in my books

BUTI do think you should make it, its up to the individual player as to if they use it or not. (no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play with a particular upgrade)B)  

Might make some of the boss battles a breeze  :P

I do appreciate you efforts by the way, just a little bi$chy today :D

Cheers and have a great weekend
thanks for v16 I'm happy again

:D
MitchMc                    

Rataxes

Improved Ideas
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2003, 01:56:35 PM »
It isn't that bad, your staff certainly was a lot worse :)

Might wanna decrease the chance to fully heal to 1-2%. Otherwise, combining it with GWW or Imp Haste could make you pretty much indestructable.

15% to drain a level isn't that bad. Most opponents will die before you can drain a single level, and even if you do it wont make much of a difference. Compared to Blackrazor it's quite puny actually.

5% to Maze is a double-edged sword. Most people would actually find to be an annoyance far more often than they'd find it to be useful.

evildevil

Improved Ideas
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2003, 02:58:38 PM »
both by evil aligned makes it much more tolerable. Minimum strength of 18/00 or 19 seems fine. Most of my warriors usually end up with at least 19 strength... (and Half-Orcs can begin that strong). Here's my slight attempt to even out both weapons.

15% Chance of causing target to Panic
5% Chance to cast Unholy Blight on target
Permanent Prot. from Good
Randomly casts Harm, Cause Serious Wounds or Cause Critical Wounds 2x/day

2% Chance to fully heal wielder
5% Chance to Maze target

Assassin

Improved Ideas
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2003, 10:26:51 PM »
Change it to 10% chance to cast 'Cure Serious Wounds' on the wielder?                    

Tyrus

Improved Ideas
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2003, 03:57:07 AM »
What about this:

5% Chance to fully heal wielder
25% Chance to cast Delorous Decay on target

25% fire res.

Moonfruit didn't specify how long the panic should last and what level of the spells must be cast from the sword:

My thoughts:

25% Chance of causing target to Panic for 12 seconds
5% Chance to cast Unholy Blight on target (lv.19, highest possible)

I don't know if I'll be able to make prot from good (haven't tried yet) but it could be replaced with something like Draw upon (un)Holy might, merely change the name of the portrait icon.                    

Moonfruit

Improved Ideas
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2003, 04:32:35 AM »

5% Chance to fully heal wielder
25% Chance to cast Delorous Decay on target

25% fire res.

Change chance to fully heal to 2 or 3%. Otherwise it looks fine

Looks good.                    

Rataxes

Improved Ideas
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2003, 05:39:12 AM »
25% Dolorous Decay?

This is almost as powerful as FoA's slow effect. Dolorous Decay slows without a save and deals out pretty massive Poison damage unless one saves at -2. It's a Level 6 clerical spell. Giving a weapon a 25% chance to cast such a spell on every hit is IMHO far too much, the ability to cast it 1-3 times per day was much better I think.                    

Tyrus

Improved Ideas
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2003, 01:18:35 PM »
Point taken, how about:

25% Chance to cast Insect Plague on target for 12 or 24 seconds, which one

and

seems very little, how about 10% or 15%

evildevil

Improved Ideas
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2003, 02:20:11 PM »
Plague sounds better, IMO (for 12 seconds)

10% Unholy Blight seems more balanced, too. (But coming from someone who thught an Ankheg shell and cheap scrolls could make a +4 helm... a second opionion would be very wise)                    

Kish

Improved Ideas
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2003, 05:22:16 PM »
I doubt it would matter that much what the chance is of casting Unholy Blight, particularly if you use the forthcoming Oversight Mod that fixes the miscoded alignments.

There simply aren't enough Good-aligned enemies in the game, even if you go out of your way to pick fights.                    

evildevil

Improved Ideas
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2003, 06:05:47 PM »
How about a 15% chance of randomly casting Unholy Blight or Holy Smite?                    

[!--EDIT|evildevil|Mar 24 2003, 07:25 PM--]

mitchmc

Improved Ideas
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2003, 06:32:25 PM »

Change chance to fully heal to 2 or 3%. Otherwise it looks fine

come on guys this is a *Flail* for *evil* types perhaps the original  % to heal was a bit high but this seems a little low how about 7% - 8%

there already are some really good evilweapons for NPCs and for a PC to specialize in flails, or use one, it should be well up from the flail of the ages

in terms of longer lasting effects, my battles don't seem to last long enough for them to make a lot of difference. I wonder how common this is ?

cheers
MitchMc                    

[!--EDIT|mitchmc|Mar 25 2003, 02:41 AM--]

Rataxes

Improved Ideas
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2003, 06:42:10 PM »
FoA is overpowered enough as it is. 7-8% means you'll have a very good chance of being healed once a round when you use GWW, it'd make you pretty much indestructable as I've already said. 2% is fine, especially considering the other abilities.                    

evildevil

Improved Ideas
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2003, 06:54:59 PM »
(perhaps evildevil could make up some descriptions)
                   Here's my crack at 'em, though the special abilities obviously havent been finalized yet..:

Monsters throughout the lands have fought hard to get their hands upon this powerful flail. Its power is next to few weapons of its kind when it comes to power. The dragon, Firkraag, was last seen weilding such a weapon, and was killed by the [CHARNAME], the [man/woman] Firkraag aimed to kill, simply because of [his/her] foster father, Gorion. This powerful flail was created from the heart of a powerful Demon Lord, whom sacreficed himself to prevent a more powerful version to be created. The Demon Lord's blood was spread upon the handle to prevent having anyone use it for good. Only the most vile creatures can use this weapon, because of its hellish creation.

STATISTICS:

THACO: +4 bonus
Damage:  2D4 + 4
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 11
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Flail/Morningstar
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 18/00 Strength
2% Chance to fully heal wielder
25% Chance to cast Insect Plague on target (and allies) for 12 seconds
25% fire resistance when weilded
10% Chance to randomly cast Unholy Blight or Holy Smite on target

Only Usable by:
Evil Fighters
Fallen Paladin
Fallen Ranger

---

Created from pure evil instead of the good it was meant to be, only the heartless can dare to touch Virtue's Defiance. How did such a sword pull its way into Faerun? Before the death of a powerful Demon Lord, this weapon was created. The Demon Lord killed many innocent creatures, including nymphs, elves, svirfneblin, and silver dragon children. The shaft of this strange weapon was made from silver dragon eggs and elven blood. The flawless blade was created from the charred bones of nymphs and svirfneblin gnomes. The great Demon Lord finished this weapon with pure evil in mind, and marked it for power against all good. The Demon Lord ended up killing itself to create this sword's partner weapon-- the flail dubbed Immolation of the Sacred.

10% Chance to cast Unholy Blight on target
Permanent Protection from Good when weilded
Cast Harm, Cause Serious Wounds and Cause Critical Wounds once a day

STATISTICS:

Damage type: slashing
Weight: 7
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Bastard Sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 18/00 Strength

Only Usable by:
Evil Fighters
Fallen Paladin
Fallen Ranger                    

Improved Ideas
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2003, 12:07:33 PM »
FoA is overpowered enough as it is. 7-8% means you'll have a very good chance of being healed once a round when you use GWW, it'd make you pretty much indestructable as I've already said. 2% is fine, especially considering the other abilities.
                   What ever :blink:

I can see how a weapon that causes !00% spell casting failure
(25% of Insect Plague x 5 attacks per round, or even a cleric with
a few enhancements)

upsets the game ballance less than a weapon  that heals  :D

hurry up and make this sucker one GWW and I should be able to
attack and in one round

drain 1.5 levels
cast insect plague 2.5 times (good by to you magic using types)
cast unholy blight or holy smite
do 60-90 HP damage (very low average given its +4)

All hail the flail of cheese

mitchmc

Improved Ideas
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2003, 12:09:29 PM »
What ever :blink:

I can see how a weapon that causes !00% spell casting failure
(25% of Insect Plague x 5 attacks per round, or even a cleric with
a few enhancements)

upsets the game ballance less than a weapon  that heals  :D

hurry up and make this sucker one GWW and I should be able to
attack and in one round

drain 1.5 levels
cast insect plague 2.5 times (good by to you magic using types)
cast unholy blight or holy smite
do 60-90 HP damage (very low average given its +4)

All hail the flail of cheese

MitchMc
forgot to log in :angry:                    

[!--EDIT|mitchmc|Mar 25 2003, 08:11 PM--]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: