Author Topic: ambition dialogue #2  (Read 4055 times)

Kiki

ambition dialogue #2
« on: February 02, 2003, 03:25:55 AM »
Please be kind if this is incoherent. Suggestions for a more involved discussion of ambition, or for background reading on said topic (Hendryk, my pet, are you reading this?), are particularly welcome.

-----------------

Sola1: My friend, I have thought some more about our conversation about Bodhi, and I would like to hear your perspective.

PC:
1. If it's an opinion you want, I'm always happy to oblige.
2. Certainly, Solaufein.

Sola2: It seems that many of the shadows clouding my soul involve ambition. It was the driving force in my life for many years--I had no real goal but to rise in the drow hierarchy.

Sola3: Even Phaere's initial appeal for me was grounded in her position as a daughter of a powerful House. I did come to care for her for other reasons, but when she first took me as her lover, the political attraction was at least as strong a lure as the physical one.

Sola4: It was not until Eilistraee first touched my heart that I realized ambition could be turned to ends greater than personal advancement or petty squabbles between Houses.

Sola5: Tell me, CharName, how do you think ambition has shaped your life?

PC:
1. I think I've tamed it. I know that it's not the final destination, just the path that will get me there. (goto Sola6)

2. Ambition is the measure of your drive to reach your goals, and I have more than enough to get me to where I want to go. (goto Sola7)

3. I feel like it hasn't been ambition so much as necessity that has driven me, these last several months. (goto Sola8)

Sola6: Ah, yet again you remind me of why I love and admire you. I did not gain such wisdom for many years.  (goto Sola9)

Sola7: True enough, my friend. No one who knows you could doubt that you will achieve all you dream of. (goto Sola9)

Sola8: I think you underestimate yourself, my love. From what I know of your past, you have not meekly allowed external events to sweep you along; you have exerted your will to achieve your goals, and I cannot think of a better description of ambition at work. (goto Sola9)

Sola9: But come, let us now turn our thoughts to completing the task at hand. The sooner we finish your quest, the sooner we can focus our ambitions on building a future together.                    

Tsuru

ambition dialogue #2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 04:28:44 AM »
I like :)                    

Userunfriendly

ambition dialogue #2
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 05:52:45 AM »
kiki, tsuru, this could seguay into a dialog where sola asks the pc about what his/her ambitions are, and the pc could talk about

having a normal mortal life,
gaining power to help others
gaining power to destroy enemies
power for its own sake/power over others...

giving the player a chance to roleplay what their char's ambitions are....

Niz

ambition dialogue #2
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 06:07:33 AM »
And what reaction would each of those get from Sola ? The 4th option doesn't really seem like something he would approve of.   [_[                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: