Author Topic: Sola Bug  (Read 1518 times)

Lady Dallandra Moerthall

Sola Bug
« on: March 08, 2003, 07:23:31 AM »
I'm going through SoA/ToB for the first time (I know I know, it's sad ;)  ) and am using the Sola mod (Praise Torm for an excuse to drop Ano). I downloaded it quite a while ago (a good 6 months at least) and just got to the Bohdi fight (haven't played in a while...).

I enter the room where she's waiting for me and we go through our little dialogue. Sola is mean to me and finshes his poem then Bohdi says something to him, to which the only reply I am able to hit is "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS". Seeing nothing else to do I hit that, the dialogue mode ends and... they just sit there... in their little blue circles... If i talk to them, nothing, and there's no more dialogue. If I attack one of them they'll turn red and attack me, but other than that, nothing.

Now I attack Bohdi and kill her easily (I'm assuming she was supposed to have minions come to her aid or something?? Of course, if Sola had helped her out, which I'm assuming he's supposed to do, that would have been quite enough). Sola was considerably more trouble. He and his little spider buddies wiped out my entire party and even when I set the game on easy and, throwing RPing out the window,  morphed my paladin into the slayer (which I've never ever had to do before to win a fight) I still couln't beat him so I had to actually find out how to use this CLUA console I've heard so much about and control-y'd him.  After that I was able to collect his body (as I understand I am supposed to do).

Only problem (well ok, about the 3rd problem) is that I understand I am supposed to get Bohdi's heart from her in order to bring back Sola, but when she died she didn't leave me anything. I could just use Shadowkeeper to get it I suppose, but honestly I haven't cheated once this game (other than to get a key I lost and couldn't proceed without *blushes*) beofre now and am annoyed enough at having to control-y Sola.

I haven't tried downloading and re-installing the mod again because I'm on a mb limit with my connection and don't want to waste it if it's not going to work, but I was hoping this is a known bug and has been addressed. Does anyone have any idea what my problem might be, or will I have to use Shadowkeeper for the heart and just hope the rest of my game works?

Also, does anyone know if Bohdi drops anything other than her heart when she dies? Thanks so much in advance for any help  :) .                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Sola Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 12:24:36 PM »
You have to stake her coffin to get the heart.

The other thing worth knowing is that you CAN upgrade versions of Solaufein in the middle of your game, people do it all the time with generally no ill effects.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Sola Bug
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 12:51:51 PM »
You may re-install a new version of the mode over your current version without hurting your game (= "upgrading"). If you do that, odds are very high that Sola and Bodhi will have their correct dialogue.

As Jason mentioned, you get Bodhi's Black Heart by staking her cofifn (it's in the upper right). Books lying around, priests of Oghma, the Elven Priest Demin -- they can all help you in reviving Solaufien.

By the way, I would like to thank you for being the first person (in my memory) to effectively complain about the size of the Solaufein mod. :-) I had gotten used to resting on my "most bang for the buck" laurels. However, if you have a truly old version of Solaufein (one that includes a bunch of "tougher this" and "smarter that" options) the new Solaufein may actually be *smaller* since those were all farmed out to a separate "Tactics" mod.

[!--EDIT|weimer|Mar 8 2003, 12:53 PM--]

Lady Dallandra Moerthall

Sola Bug
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 12:28:15 AM »
Thanks so much for the replies! I feel pretty silly, as obviously that was a bit of a newbie question, but thanks so much for the courteous response on the heart issue :) . I know a lot of boards who would have told me I was a moron for even asking it *laughs*.

As to the size issue, it really wouldn't be a problem for me other than my new (and hopefully not permanent) silly mb limit on my internet account (300megs/month). Normally I would completely I agree with the fact that it's better to have a more well done mod, even if that means it's a bigger one.

By the looks of things, downloading an upgrade would certainly be benificial in my case if I can manage it. Thank you again for taking the time to answer me! :)                    

Kiki

Sola Bug
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2003, 02:23:25 AM »
I know a lot of boards who would have told me I was a moron for even asking it *laughs*.
                   Happily, these boards are somewhat more civilized than the old BIS boards. Welcome to FWS, Lady D!                    

Lady Dallandra Moerthall

Sola Bug
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 06:18:37 AM »
*Laughs* The BIS fora were my home for a good year (started hanging out there about the time TOB came out.. ironically they're the reason I haven't finished the game yet.. it's scary when a game's fora keep you so entertained that you forget about the game... lol), but I left when things started to go downhill (more downhill I should say lol). Thank you for the kind welcome Kiki!                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: